20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2013, 07:45 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay for a little brother! woot! very exciting!

Happy Friday ladies, just trying to get thru this work day then a nice long weekend or doing not much of anything! Hope you all have a fab Friday!
May 24th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda!!!!!!!!!!! We miss you! So happy for you and your itty bitty boy. Brothers sounds like fun And congrats on the job for dh, great news! Sounds like things are coming together. Don't be a stranger!
BelloFiglioLA likes this.

May 26th, 2013, 10:18 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm two days late. I've been coming by almost exactly at the week mark, and I'm late!

I have only 2 days left of actual work, and an in-service day in between now until summer vacation. Yay!

Thanks ladies, it is so nice to be in a good situation on our jobs! I can't wait until dh actually starts working (not til July) so we can be a 3 pay check a month (random months 4) family. Being a one a month for the past 3 years has not been an easy thing for me lol.

Nick and I discussed, when Courtney lost her first tooth, if we were keeping them (my mom had kept mine) I thought it was creepy so I was like "Umm, no." So we have not kept teeth. I keep thinking Rock must be about to loose his first one, he finishes Kindergarten Friday and I cannot wait until that happens, it has been a long hard year there.

Yay for a baby brother for Levi hope the reveal goes well!

May 27th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Amanda, congrats on the little boy! I have a few friends with two boys and they love it! How did the reveal go? Did you do something special? How are you feeling?

We had a busy day yesterday. DH ran the half marathon (it was a big race weekend in our city). Then as soon as he was done, we had to rush home and get Leah ready for her recital. Her class was near the end (#48), so we had to sit through 3 hours of dances before her turn. But it was worth it. Her class was SO cute!!! We loved it! I love watching the little kids dance, when some of them are trying their best to do the steps and others are just in their own little worlds.

Hope you're all enjoying Memorial Day (and a regular Monday for you, Michelle)!
May 27th, 2013, 11:58 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm glad Leah's class did well. Courtney's recital was a couple weekends ago. It was really cute. Though I am totally asking myself when we'll get the pictures from her dance class all the sudden.

May 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How was the long weekend for you Americans?

Christen, I'm jealous, I would looooove the school year to be done here. 4 more weeks for us. I'm so ready for summer vacation mind frame.

Any pics from he recital, Jennifer? I agree, that age is so cute to watch them try and pull stuff like that off and it is so funny to see the differences between the kids. O started soccer last night and he's definitely more on the "off in their own world" camp but he still loves it. Did James come to the recital???

My mom offered to take me out west for a week with her this summer to visit my Grandma plus my brother/sil and nephew. I'm super bummed because I just don't think we'll be able to synch up the scheduling to make it happen. Booo.

Hope everyone has a nice, bright Tuesday!

May 28th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Morning ladies, we had a busy but fun weekend. Aside from and ER trip for Sam, he is totally fine, no worries! He was refusing to walk yesterday morning, this went on all morning and so by about noon I was like well maybe I should get him an xray cause I had no idea why he would not walk! Go to the ER, xrays, exams...still will not walk. Dr splints it and says we need to see a pedi ortho this week cause he isn't sure what is wrong but clearly something since he refuses to weight bear. He falls asleep on the way home, wakes up, freaks about the splint being on, I take it off and 5 minutes later he can walk? odd lol but good he is fine, kids LOL

Now back to the grind, 9 more days of work until vacation!....I think I can, I think I can!
May 28th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, remind me what you're doing for your vacation?

May 29th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Both of my kids were up before 6....My neighbour who helps me with the endless drop offs and pick ups of kids is out of town for a few days. I'm tired and dreading flying solo for the rest of the week.

Weekend, get here!

Is it only Wednesday? Well, happy Wednesday, team!

May 29th, 2013, 06:45 AM
It is only Wed, ugh!.....Michelle we rented a house in the mountains on a private lake. Hoping for a nice relaxing vacation, fingers crossed!
May 29th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I thought I posted yesterday. I must have forgotten to submit, because I did type it out.

James has a nasty cough, so he's been cranky and feeling yucky and we've been stuck indoors the last couple of days. So it's been pretty quiet.

A teacher at Leah's school passed away over the weekend (Leah said she fell and hit her head). She was the Grades 5/6 and arts teacher and she was VERY loved by everyone. It's a big loss. Leah's class didn't have her as a teacher, so they aren't feeling the loss like the older kids, but the teacher has talked to them about it and death quite a bit. It turns out Leah believes in reincarnation. I'm not sure where she learned about it (we're catholic and she goes to a catholic school), but she seems to just instinctively know about it. Makes me wonder...

Kim, a private beach sounds pretty luxurious. I hope the weather is great for you guys!

Michelle, you can do it! Have O push the other two in the stroller when he's with you, so that you get a bit of a break. He's old enough to help out now.

Christen, I hope your last week of work/school passes quickly. We still have another 3 weeks to go.
May 30th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
James no longer sounds like he has the plague, yay! Still coughing, but I'm not embarrassed to bring him out in public anymore.

He started soccer last night. DH said it was a bust, he cried a lot and didn't listen to instructions. But when I asked about the other kids, DH said they also weren't really listening. So I suspect James did fine, just still wasn't feeling 100%. Leah and I are going to go watch next week.

How is everyone doing today?
May 31st, 2013, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!!

Jennifer, that sounds so normal! Oscar cried a lot and didn't listen when he started soccer last year, and he was 4 1/2. He'll warm up to it. I think dads are a little less understanding of that kind of thing, especially when sports are involved. God I love little boy soccer teams. So chaotic and adorable

Kim, sounds like heaven. Hopefully weather and children cooperate!

I'm having 20 people over for brunch tomorrow for some friends who just eloped. The house is a disaster. I have my work cut out for me over the next 24 hours. Good thing it's a million degrees out today, should make the scrubbing and working with buttercream frosting for the cake a real joy....

May 31st, 2013, 05:51 AM
Morning ladies! Syd played soccer last spring, it was just meh! She didn't really pay attention, none of them did LOL. I would have signed Sam up this year but he didn't make the age cut off, he loves playing soccer and baseball at home but not sure about the whole team thing. We will give it a try next year! James sounds pretty typical for this age group!

Any weekend plans? we are going to do some shopping and vacation prep, nothing exciting.

Have fun with the brunch! Sounds great!
June 3rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!

How was everybody's weekend?

We hosted a successful event Saturday and had a relaxing day yesterday. Bonus of hosting a bunch of people: besides the dishes, the house is spectacularly clean after and the fridge is full of leftovers

It's grey and cold here today. Fitting for a Monday. Blah blah.
kimmiejo and ~MamaTutu~ like this.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We always enjoy the clean house after everyone has left. Was it fun having 20 people in your house? Any kids for O and H to play with?

It is freezing here today. But it's a nice break from the crazy heat last week. Too bad there can't be a happy middle.

We had an active Saturday, attempting bike riding, rock skipping, a horse show (with only 4 horses, but face painting and balloons!), and then DH and I had a date. Our anniversary is tomorrow, but I am going to see NKOTB with a friend.

We have a nest on our deck and the eggs hatched sometime this weekend. It was very exciting. Whenever the mom leaves the nest, we're all out there peeking at the babies.

Happy Monday!
June 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
Happy Monday, we had a pretty low key weekend, played outside and went swimming at a friends, nothing special but a nice weekend!

Jennifer our anniversary is tomorrow too! 11 years of wedded bliss
June 3rd, 2013, 02:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anniversary buddies, cute! Ours in on Sunday. June weddings, wooo!

That's fun, Jennifer My kids would be all over that nest. Hate to say it but baby birds gross me out. I have a bit of a bird problem. But I'm happy for you guys!

It was totally fun having 20 people in the house. It was 20 people that I love so it was all good. There was 1 little girl who is friends with O & H plus a handful of babies. Our friends are a bit behind us in the baby game, in a few years the get togethers will be pretty wild...in a much different way than they used to be

June 4th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

14 days of babysitting left....

Where did summer go?

Happy Tuesday!

And happy anniversary, guys!!!!

:flo wers:

June 4th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello. Thanks Michelle.

Happy Anniversary Kim! Any special plans?

We are celebrating number 8. We will have a quick dinner together, then I have to get ready for my big night out. Did you guys have a favourite New Kid? My concert buddy and I both loved Joey.

14 days left of babysitting! Yay! Will you still see your babysittee? I bet he'll miss you and Holly.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search