20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I really need change in my life. i always spent a routine life like office, bed and sleep at weekend.
June 6th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Uh...Anyways...

How were the anniversaries? How was the show, Jennifer? I was a Donnie fan at the time. You know, I liked the rebels

June 6th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Our anniversary turned out pretty good. The concert was postponed to last night, so DH and I got to spend our anniversary evening together.

The concert was so fun! We were in the 4th row on the floor, so we saw them up really close. My friend touched Donny twice when he walked by us (they went up into the crowd near the end of the show). I couldn't bring myself to do it, but if Joey had walked by, I wouldn't have hesitated. Donny still appears to be pretty naughty. The girls in front of us got special backstage passes and it was pretty obvious Donnie and one of the girls had some heat. And he kissed a girl in the front row.

I found out today Leah has a PD day tomorrow. I've been so busy lately it had completely slipped my mind. She only has 9 days of school left until summer. Woohoo!!!!
June 6th, 2013, 11:15 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls sorry been MIA, super busy with work and packing and doing pre vacation stuff, plus this week is just busy period with other stuff! tonight is gymnastics night and tomorrow we have a 40th bday party to go to then Saturday we leave. My life is chaos at the month lol!

Glad you had fun at the concert Jennifer!
June 6th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Weeee, Kim! Vacation is looming! Totally worth the last minute hustle.

Glad the concert was good, Jennifer. And I hear you on the end of year countdown. O has 10 days left and I CAN`T WAIT!!! Does Leah do any summer camps or anything? Apparently we`re the only people in Montreal that don`t put our kid in camp all summer?

June 7th, 2013, 03:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Friday!!!!!! O has a field trip today, I think it's going to be rained out Bummer for him. I have no idea what Holly and babysittee and I will do today. I told a friend they could borrow our van this morning because I thought today was Saturday when they asked. oops. Now I'm stuck at home. Sweet jeebs, may 5 pm come quickly. I am officially at the end of my babysitting rope.

Kim, have a fabulous vacation! May the sun shine and your children be a delight!

Happy Friday!

June 7th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor O. Leah has a field trip on Monday, but it's indoors. She had one in October (that I went to) that was a pumpkin patch. It rained the whole time, but wasn't cancelled. We all got really wet.

Michelle, here's to a long nap for babysittee, so the rest of the afternoon goes quicker. I always loved days when the kids had extra long naps (back when I was crazy enough to do daycare).

PD Day today. Leah came to art class with James and I. The theme was pirates. They then played pirates all morning and are both still wearing their pirate hats (one is sleeping, the other is watching a movie). So it's been a good day.

Kim, I hope the weather cooperates and you and the fam have a great vacation. We will see you in a week!!
June 8th, 2013, 01:08 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Michelle, yeah I'm always jealous when all the East coasters are back in school after labor day and I'm like "Whatever, August here." Though it is barely August this year, so I'm glad about that.

Jennifer that's sad about the teacher passing away. The school I worked for lost three students this year. Two in the same car crash and then one at the end of the year...I was going to say how he died, but Idk if I should or not. And thanks. I've finished my first week of summer class now. I took a course this week and I've got enough credits to re-certify next year now! Yay!

June isn't weddings in my house, it is birthdays. We had Terra's on the 28th of May, then Rock's on the 5th, and next is Amber's on Friday. Which I just switched over to a siggy to reflect that!

One of my best friends is celebrating her anniversary today though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesanderson1 View Post
I really need change in my life. i always spent a routine life like office, bed and sleep at weekend.
Do you have a June 2010 baby?

June 10th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Christen, it is a busy month for birthdays! What are your plans for Amber? How is everyone enjoying summer vacation?

Michelle, how was your weekend? How was O's field trip?

Our weekend was pretty busy. The highlight was this local event where a bunch of big trucks (fire, garbage, tow, etc.) gather in a mall parking lot and the kids get to climb in and touch everything. James loves garbage trucks, so that was his favourite one.

Leah is doing a couple of summer camps, but I'm not sure how it will go. She's really quiet and won't know anyone, so who knows how much fun she'll have. She had requested "princesses", so I found one camp for ballroom-style dancing and then a gymnastics camp with a princess visiting at some point during the week.

O's going to be lonely if every other child in Montreal is in camp. At least he has Holly.
June 10th, 2013, 11:12 PM
I don't know if I have any plans for Amber's actual birthday. Nick and I were discussing menu for that night. The next day is her party. We're having friends and a bouncy house. Each kid gets to invited a friend since I don't have that many 2/3 year old friends for Amber. I'm hoping she'll get some better friends in preschool.

How fun doing the truck thing. My James (LJ as we call him) would have loved that too. He loves trucks! Things that go are awesome.

Courtney is doing a cheerleading camp this week. She got picked to be one of the co-captains and is so excited. Otherwise the kids are just doing swim lessons for the summer. Well, the boys have a soccer camp next month. I totally think Courtney got the better end of the deal, hers is indoors!

June 11th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

The field trip was a success. Oscar had the best time. When I picked him up at the end of the day he asked me why I was there so early to get him/ Time flies when you're having fun...

Parking lot full of truck sounds like heaven for my kids. So fun! Is Leah excited about camp? I don't think O will be lonely, there will be some kids around and we have a bunch of fun stuff lined up with trip away and stuff plus he has soccer. I can't wait for summer vacation!!! Yesterday they had the big end of year party in the school yard with inflatables, etc. There was a wine and beer tent for the parents French school rule!

Christen, that's terrible about losing 3 kids in 1 year. Has it affected the other children? So very sad. In all my years of school we never lost a kid and just 1 teacher to cancer.

Have a great Tuesday!!

June 11th, 2013, 07:01 PM
We lost a student when I was in school, but he was a severely disabled kid.

As for the other students. Yeah, I think it affected them a lot. Both the graduation speakers mentioned the two that were seniors (the other was a junior). It was really hard on everyone.

One of the counselors said to somebody in a conversation I was sort of part of, mainly just a listener though, that she told students who asked her "Why is this happening?" that they needed to remember our high school is the size of a town (2200-2600 students depending on the year) and that "things happen in towns." But still, 3 in one school year? And there was at least one that I know of the year before too. This is just so sad.

June 12th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Very, very sad indeed.

Is Amber excited for her birthday?

Today is a mid week ped day for O. Last ped day of the year. I was hoping babysittee would also take the ped day, but no dice. His family and mine are such opposites. His parents are academics and I think have a hard time spending more time than necessary with their kids. The dad didn't even know there was a ped day today or that next week was the last week of school. We are not on the same page!

Anyhow, should be a fairly lazy day today, which is good because I have been having some big sleep problems lately and I'm a bit of a zombie.

Happy hump day!

June 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy hump day to you, Michelle. Get O to entertain the little ones and you can lie on the couch all afternoon. Beer and wine at a school bbq sounds fun. Any parents get crazy?

Christen, I guess the councillor is right, the chances of something happening in such a big group are bigger. But that certainly doesn't make it any easier on all the people affected by the loss. A friend of mine lost her 15-year-old son last year and everyone is still kind of reeling from the loss, at home and at school. It's hard to make sense of losing someone so young.

Nothing too exciting here. Our baby birds are starting to look like birds now. Feathers coming in, tweeting and moving around. I am a bit obsessed with them. I've been putting out an umbrella for them when it rains and taking a few too many pictures.

I get to go watch James play soccer tonight. I'm excited to see him running around (or sitting down and crying).
June 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM
haha yes Michelle, Amber is for sure excited for her birthday. She saw herself in my siggy just now and I said "and you're turning 3!" and she said "I'm turning 3, yay I'm turning 3!" Very excited, then turned around and told Rocky she was turning 3 too! lol. She's so cute.

Yeah, Jennifer, I bet they are still reeling from it. The family of the junior who died started a thing called "Buckle Up for Bobby" and they run that now and talk to people about buckling up. However, his brother was a senior, and he dropped out, with the intention of coming back, but his whole life changed that day. It just makes me so sad. I didn't personally know any of the 3 who died and yet it was emotional anyway.

How fun to have baby birds .

lol, I hope James runs more than he cries!

June 13th, 2013, 04:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Will you be sad when the birds take flight and leave the nest? Do you know how long before that will happen? Too funny about the umbrella!

I don't know if is time time/place that i grew up in or what but ridding in a vehicle without a seat belt is absolutely unfathomable to me. And I think the same goes for my peers. Such a sad thing to die over

My brother, sil and nephew come to town tomorrow. I'm so excited to spend time with them!

How lovely does Kim's vacation look, eh?

Happy Thursday!

June 14th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday! Hurray! Hurray!

Whatsa shaking this weekend?

I'm going to squeeze in a bit of time with my brother & family, they are only here for 48 hours and they have other people to see too, but I'll get in all I can.

What about fathers day? Anything special planned? Our plans are still a bit up in the air so we'll see.

Happy Friday!

June 14th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Michelle. Enjoy the visit with your brother and his family. And the weekend, babysittee-free!

I had a crazy migraine yesterday, so I was pretty much out of commission. James had to entertain himself most of the day, when DD and DH weren't around. My job was to stay awake and make sure he didn't hurt himself. I'm much better today though.

Nothing exciting planned for Father's Day. We'll probably go out for dinner and I think he wants to do some yard work. Pretty exciting!

We're trying to talk up potty training with James, since he needs to be ready in September. We bought some underwear, a Cars potty seat (to put on our regular toilet) and some Smarties. He is still totally clueless. I'm glad we have 2 months left.

Have a great weekend everybody!
June 15th, 2013, 12:55 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies!! we are home! had a really nice time, kids loved it there! now we are back to reality and my house looks like a tornado ripped thru it, unpacking is a draggggggg. All I want to do is sit on my deck and drink a beer, I might. The unpacking will still be there tomorrow! Hope you all had a nice week!
June 15th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome home, Kim! The pics looked great. I'm glad everyone had a fun time. It will be hard getting back to the humdrum of normal life now though, I bet. Any more vacations planned for the summer?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search