20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Kim this is Lucy: Lucy's video - YouTube I made an error on the video and I fixed it, but I uploaded the wrong version...she actually died on the 19th.
Anyway, she was 2 days younger than my Terra (part of my June 2012 PR) and died last week. It was really heartbreaking for our PR, not that I have to tell you ladies that, I'm sure you all remember November 2010. I know Crystal better than I knew Andrea then, so it shocked me even more somehow though. It was very painful both times though. Our group will never be quite the same without little Lucy.

And this week has kind of sucked too, but last day of classes for the summer is tomorrow. That is not to say I'm anywhere near done with school for the summer, but I don't have to be in class 8:30am-4:30pm which can drag on and on and on and on...at least my high schoolers only have to sit with me for 90 minutes and then they get to go to another class!

June 28th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!

Jennifer, we are falling into a nice little routine that is similar to yours. Out of the house activity in the morning, etc. Things are settling and everyone seems more pleasant.

How's James' diet going?

How has everyone's week been? Weekend plans? It's a long weekend for us Canadians, in celebration of James' birthday (and Canada day). We might go visit a friend in the country...we might not. This afternoon we're taking the kids to Monsters University. Holly's first movie!

Have a great Friday!

June 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sad about Lucy terrible!

Sorry I have been MIAish I have had a crazy busy work week, work is just so busy and stressful lately ugh!

Tomorrow we have a birthday party, well Syd does and then the rest of the weekend no plans. Next week is 4th of July so we have Thursday off, a mid week day off is always nice I suppose. No plans for the 4th either, yet. I am sure we will end up doing something.

I hope James' diet is going ok!
June 28th, 2013, 07:35 PM
FREEDOM! I don't have to sit in class all day every day anymore, yay!
cfm likes this.

July 2nd, 2013, 04:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How was everyone's weekend? Jennifer, how was James birthday?!?! Happy belated to the little guy! Christen, congrats on being done class, wooooo!

We had a really nice long weekend, we did lots of fun things together and got to see friends and fireworks and all that good stuff too.

This week looks a little busy for me with work stuff and getting ready to take the kids camping for the first time this weekend. The planning is stressing me out!

Have a good Tuesday, everbody!

July 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, camping will be fun! Planning can be stressful, but it's part of the experience. DH always spends the whole week before running around like a chicken with his head cut off. He loves it though.

J's birthday went really well. He loved every one of his gifts and enjoyed his one cupcake and one cookie (he's paying for it a bit today, but that's ok). And yesterday we went to watch a bit of the Parliament Hill noon show (DH's parents wanted to see Carley Ray Jepsen), the kids went on rides at our local fair and we did sparklers in the backyard. We were going to go to fireworks, but everyone was worn out and Leah had princess camp this morning.

Oh, and she woke up with lice. I didn't see them before she went to camp, but I found them when she came home. So my afternoon is going to be spent combing out bugs and eggs from her poor little head. So gross. I haven't told her what's wrong yet, just that we need to wash it with special shampoo and I have to comb it a lot with a special brush. I don't know how she will handle knowing there are bugs in her hair...

Christen, congrats on being done your classes!

Kim, I hope this week is less busy for you!
July 3rd, 2013, 07:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning!

Jennifer! Lice! So sorry That's really smart not telling her. I would have never thought of it. Such a good idea. Good luck getting rid of 'em. Hope it's quick and painless. Glad J liked his birthday. How is the diet going?

Today I run around like a madwoman preping to camp. We leave tomorrow. The kids are pretty ornery today so it should be a great time dragging them around...

Happy...Wednesday? Yes, Wednesday.

July 3rd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Have fun and good luck camping. You will come home with family memories that will last a lifetime, no matter how it goes.

I got some earth shattering news last night. My uncle, who is basically my dad and my kids' grandfather, was just diagnosed with cancer that has spread pretty much everywhere and he only has a few weeks to live. He's 60. He is a huge, HUGE part of our lives. We see them almost every week and the kids adore him. We hadn't seen him in a few weeks because he had a "flu" or something, but they found out last Thursday that it was cancer and it was too far along. Wow. I can't believe I just wrote that.
July 4th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Jennifer. I'm so, so sorry. How young and how devastating. You guys have a real roller coaster of emotions to go through in the weeks to come but I hope that it will still be possible to enjoy some time together before he passes. You know we are here if you ever need to unload. Hugs.

July 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Sadly ladies, I'm not "done" with the classes, I just don't have to sit in them anymore. I've been taking an online one, and it has to be done by tomorrow at 5pm, so it is almost done. The two I just finished taking in person though have a big assignment that goes with them though (well one for each, so two big ones) and I have to do them after tomorrow. I still have some journal articles to review for the online class first. Gosh, do I hate online classes!!!

I'm sorry Jennifer. Cancer is a total jerk. It really ought to knock that junk off.

July 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been around much I have just been busy and in a funk I guess

Jennifer I am so sorry to hear that I hope you are able to get some quality time with him in the coming weeks. Cancer is a jerk, a horrible no good jerk and it seems to be everywhere these days. How terrible I am so sorry!
July 9th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mornin'.

How you holding up, Jennifer?

July 9th, 2013, 05:29 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So terribly sad about Lucy

Jennifer, I'm so sorry about your Uncle. DH's mom had it, cancer is just terrible. Sending you T&Ps!

We're going camping this weekend finally. A lot of work for 2 days but I am trying to keep things simple since we can't afford anything else and we really need some time away! Everything seems to be breaking this month- our garage door, our central AC, major car repairs and a plumber that is EXPENSIVE as HECK. Tell me, HOW does all that happen in one month?!

In other news, potty training has started with Dallas- she does an ok job so far with number 1 if I remember to take her. She absolutely won't go number 2 in the potty though. She doesn't even care when it gets all over her! This is going to take a while, we are on week 3. Maybe she will be trained by Christmas.

July 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I hear you on bad news to the finances all happening at once. We have experienced it plenty and it's rough. Hope the camping trip rejuvenates you! We camped for 4 days last week. It turned out to be really awesome but I think I'm still recovering for how tiring it was. But a good kind of tiring

Wish I had some poop potty training advice for you...you'll get there! A special journey that a parent and child get to take together, we all have our own paths but the pooping in the potty destination is all the same and you will eventually get there! Holly is "trained" but I really have to be on top of taking her or else there will be accidents. Unless she is not wearing pants and underwear. For some reason she is all fine on her own that way. Not always possible though!

Have a good Wednesday, everyone. Kim, hope your funk is lifting. Jennifer, thinking of you!

M

July 10th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hi ladies...Jennifer I hope you are holding up ok

That stinks about everything happening at once! I find that happens too, ugh! Have fun camping!

As for potty training, Sam *I think* is pretty much there, he hasn't had an accident in about week or so and finally he poops on the potty! he wouldn't for the longest time and I am not gonna lie I bribed him to do it cause I was just over the whole poop changing extravaganza! meh whatever lol, it does feel like something just kinda "clicked" for him though. He still wears a pull up to bed and is usually wet in the mornings so night training we are def not there, I figure it will come when it comes, I can handle 1 wet diaper per day lol
July 10th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

My uncle passed away on Saturday, nine days after being diagnosed. It was too fast. I got to see him once, but DH and the kids did not (probably a blessing for the kids, but DH is disappointed, of course). It has been a really rough week. DH and I are in shock and miserable, but the kids are extra happy and energetic. We're living in a weird little world right now. The funeral is this weekend. My brother is coming and will stay with us and give us a bit of a break from entertaining the kids. And we had to scramble to find some friends to watch them Friday so we could go to the wake. My aunt and uncle are the only people who have watched the kids.

So yeah, life sucks right now.
July 11th, 2013, 08:00 AM
oh my, I am so sorry Jennifer, wishing you and your family peace during this difficult time, sending hugs from PA!
July 13th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh wow, that was so fast. I'm really sorry, Jennifer. And so hard to mourn properly when trying to keep up appearances for the kids. I hope you guys get a bit of peace this weekend. Have you told the kids yet? Sending you lots and lots of hugs. I'll be in Ottawa for a few days sometime in August, I'll happily babysit your kids while I'm there! An internet stranger watching your kids...that's not weird, right???

July 14th, 2013, 07:25 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm really sorry Jennifer! This has to be such a trying time for you and your family, funerals are hard. I will be keeping you in my prayers, for peace and comfort admist the chaos and grief!

July 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about your uncle.

How is everyone? I feel like it was ages since I posted in here after coming by fairly frequently for a while. I'm so glad I now only have one left to potty train. Yet another reason I don't want another baby. Though someday I think I'll have to refer to that list of reasons cuz someday I'm going to get baby fever again.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search