20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 16th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for the kind words, girls. It's been a tough couple of weeks. Life sucks sometimes.

But there are many good things too, and we got to see a few of them this weekend. All the family was around this weekend. It was wonderful hearing so many good memories and funny stories about him. The funeral director was emotional too. He noted that this had obviously been a man who was very loved. And my parents and grandparents (my uncle's sister and parents) kept their distance from everyone, even though they were at the funeral. There is a lot of drama there, but it was good that they were respectful of everyone else's grieving. And Leah and James (and another little baby, Clara) brought smiles throughout the day and weekend.

I'm going out with a friend tonight. I haven't actually spoken to anyone since my uncle told us he was sick, so it will be nice to be out and do something normal.

I hope everyone here is doing well. It looks like it has been really quiet here the last couple of weeks. I hope you're enjoying the dog days of summer.
July 16th, 2013, 09:48 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Babies do bring such joy at funerals. The little ones that were at my grandfather's funeral brought joy I remember, and I suppose the same is true of my kids at my mother's parents' funerals.

Have a nice evening out. I need to make plans with our sitter to see The Wolverine next week.

July 19th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope everyone has a good weekend! We don't have much planned. Leah and DH will be going to see Monster University, and we'll visit with my aunt a bit.

There is a tornado watch here. Hopefully nothing comes of that. But there is a nice cool breeze keeping the temperature tolerable, which has been wonderful this morning. What a hot week!
July 19th, 2013, 01:25 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry again Jennifer

It was been painfully hot here! brutal! Syd and I are going to beach for the weekend with my friend and her little girl, a girls weekend. I really am not big on the beach but excited to get away for just girl time!

Stay cool ladies!
July 20th, 2013, 03:55 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Are you staying safe? Did a tornado appear?

It is warmer than I'd like here as well.

I mowed the back yard and incredibly large side yard earlier but I only got part of the front done and now I'm like "Ain't nobody got time for that" to the rest of it cuz of the heat.

July 22nd, 2013, 03:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Guys!

We were away at a cabin on a lake last week. A good place to be with all the heat we had. My BIL's family with their 6 kids were in a cabin next to us so the kids had a blast roaming free together. It's hard getting back to city living.

Jennifer, how is your aunt doing? And you? Glad your family was able to keep the funeral drama free. How did Leah like Monsters U?

Kim, how was your girly beach getaway??? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Back to the reality of the daily grind today. Boo. As a bonus, Oscar woke up at 6. By the time I dragged myself out of bed and made coffee he decided to go back to sleep Oh well, at least it;s nice and quiet.

July 22nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
Morning girls. Girl beach weekend was super fun! Wish we could of stayed a little longer. Oh well back to the grind *sigh*
July 22nd, 2013, 06:00 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad you had some nice trips! Jennifer, I'm glad to hear the funeral went well and that the kids could bring some needed joy.

We booked our vacay for labor day weekend - I'm sooo excited, we'll be staying at a cottage with a beach on Chesapeake Bay! It will be a long drive, but worth it!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

July 23rd, 2013, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Oooo, beach cottage sounds like heaven! How long will the drive be?

I had big plans to take the kids to some outdoor things downtown today but it's pouring out. I have no plan B. Today could be a long one...

July 26th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy

July 27th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

It's Saturday and I am partying it up (obviously!). DH and the kids are camping in the backyard. It remains to be seen if James will sleep there or need to come in to sleep with me. If he makes it all night, it means I might have 4 nights to myself next weekend, woohoo! I am pretty exhausted from the week of entertaining the kids, so I'm probably going to waste tonight by going to bed really early.

How was everyone's week? Anything exciting happen?

Michelle, when will you be in Ottawa? Maybe we could meet for coffee or ice cream or something.
July 29th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Hi girls, sorry I have been MIAish just busy and I have my yearly checkups scheduled and we all know how freaked I get about tests and appointments and all that jazz, it works me into a frenzy and a funk, makes me want to hide under the covers!

other than that I have just been busy with work and kids and parties and stuff. I can't believe it is almost August already, Syd starts school in just over a month, real school! crazy!
July 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hiyo!

Sydney starting school, crazy indeed! I cant believe there is only a month of summer vacay left. Boo. When will you be done with all your annual check up business, Kim? Hope it goes smoothly!

Did James make it through the night, Jennifer? 4 nights alone sounds like heaven, hope it works out! Not sure when we'll be in Ottawa. We were originally going to visit friends for a few days but summer and all it's busy craziness seems to have gotten the better of us all and now I'm not sure if it can happen. We might just do an afternoon visit while driving through...but I'll keep you posted for sure

The next few weeks seem like they'll be busy for us but this week looks quiet. Just need to do some planning, preparing, relaxing? Summer eating and pie baking?

July 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, everything will be ok. I know last time was tough, but this year will surely be better and faster!

Today is day 1 of serious potty training for James. Not because he's ready, but because he needs to be trained in a month when he starts preschool. It's not going well. He's peed all over the floor every time so far, doesn't mind cleaning it up, isn't bothered by the wetness, is fine not being allowed to sit on the sofas, doesn't want money or stickers (can't bribe him with candy thanks to special diet). Should be a fun month! (potty training emoticon?)

On a good note, my aunt is lending us my cousins' old bunk bed for James until they need it back for grandkids (in 5-10 years). Woohoo! Maybe a fun bed will get him sleeping in his room finally.

He did sleep in the tent all night. As soon as he woke up at 6, he was asking for me, but DH could manage that at the campsite, I think.
July 30th, 2013, 05:47 AM
My followup CT scan is today, clearly I am an anxious mess. I really don't do well with any of this! ugh

Michelle speaking of medical jazz how is your SIL? I hope she is doing well!

Woot for James sleeping in the tent!

Sam is finally potty trained, he does still wear pull ups at night but he has been waking up dry every day for a few weeks now so I should probably just ditch the overnight pull up too. It's weird being a diaper free house, I guess I can switch to a small purse now ha
July 30th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Way to go Sam! Kim, I just bought a new purse the other day and then realized it is bigger than it needs to be now that I don't have all the extra diapering crap to lug around. Holly is out of diapers during the day but will always pee a bit in her underwear before actually going to the bathroom. It is endlessly frustrating. I expect nighttime diapering/pull ups for the next forever. Good luck with James, Jennifer! I think, left to her own devices Holly would be similar. It's really me who is trained to take her to the bathroom often. He'll get there! Was Leah hard to train? How does JM not have a potty training emoticon??

My SIL is doing ok. She has 2 more chemo treatments and should then be in the clear. She is often in the hospital for fevers after her treatments and is generally having a really miserable and depressing time but the end is in sight.

Jennifer, we are going camping at Fitzroy park next week. Do you know it? We are meeting my Dad there, it was his suggestion. He says it's nearish Ottawa? I'm glad James made it through the night and that some nights to yourself are within sight

Kim, sending super good vibes your way for an easy peasy no troubles clear scan!!!!!

July 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Sorry your SIL is feeling so sick, chemo is a beast

My test is done so now I wait for the results, is it too early to drink? wahhhhhhhhhhh I hate this! I have myself dead and buried before the results even come in. I think I need a psych consult

Sam just kinda potty trained himself, he just decided one day he was going on the potty and that was it, Syd did the same thing. I am not much for training I guess, I wait for it to happen but I was getting a bit worried it wouldn't just happen with Sam but it did, thankfully!
July 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, the waiting is the worst part, for sure. Drinking will certainly make the wait easier though.

Michelle, DH and the kids are going to Fitzroy this weekend. It is really close to us, about 45 minutes away. I plan to drive in at least a couple of times to spend the day with them. You guys are turning into real camping pros. That's twice in one summer! How long are you staying?

James got to model five pairs of underwear for us on day 1 of potty training. Day 2 of potty training has gone better. But he was in a diaper most of the morning, because I was busy taking apart his old crib and building his new bed and didn't want to be bothered. So it probably doesn't really count.

Leah was easy to train, even though she wasn't ready. The doctor told me to get on it because of horrible diaper rashes (she was just over 2). She hated the feeling when she peed on herself, so she caught on really quick for number 1s. Number 2 took a bit longer.
July 30th, 2013, 10:07 AM
well my lovely husband that knows how anxiety ridden I am picked up my CT report, no changes same as the initial one I had done in April of 2012 so good news, whatever funk is in my body is not growing and just hanging out being annoying to my anxious mind. they recommend one more follow up in April 2014 and then if unchanged I think I might be able to finally put this behind me, I hope!

I am sure James will be trained in no time! I have to get Sam a bigger bed, my friend has a twin size that she is going to give me but I need to get a mattress and I would like to paint his room before I get everything all set up. He says he wants his room red and blue?? guess he is a patriotic little dude haha
July 30th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay for no change, Kim! And 10 points to your dh for doing that. You deserve a drink, for sure and so does he! And I'll drink to your health too!

So Fitzroy is good then? Yay! We are going from the 6 to the 8th. I don't really want to but my Dad does and I would feel bad saying no. If it was just him it would be fine but it's also his wife and her grandson. They are fine and all but 3 days and 2 nights with them is pushing it a little. Next summer I think we'll camp with just my little family of 4. You're welcome to come for an afternoon and swim or roast marshmallows or something

James will get there, it's inevitable. Holly does wayyyyyyy better when not in underwear (half naked) than when in underwear. I don't know why. So at home, she's usually got her bum out. A real classy joint over here!

I'm going to go try and sneak a nap, wish me luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search