20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 31st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Aw, you get there the day after my family leaves. If the kids aren't beached out (and I doubt they will be), it would be fun to come out and say hello.

Kim, wonderful news! And your DH is very sweet. Hopefully he is the bearer of good news again next year.

Today was a good day for potty training! A little bit of poop in one pair of underwear, but otherwise, he's been awesome. And a couple of times, he even initiated it, asking to go to the bathroom instead of waiting for me to notice. Tonight, he had to pee during soccer. He was wearing pull-ups and I told him he could go in there, but he didn't want to, so DH brought him to pee on a tree. He announced it proudly when he came back and kept asking the rest of the practice to go pee on tree. I'm shocked but very happy. Fingers crossed he keeps it up!

Oh, and he has become quite friendly with his parts since switching to underwear. He was never overly interested or curious about it before. But now he almost always has a hand wrapped around his crotch. Funny.
August 2nd, 2013, 04:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Way to go, James! And peeing on a tree, a rite of passage for little boys Hope he's keeping up the good work! And for the record, I still tell O, multiple times a day, to get his hands out of his pants. Dudes

My Dad wants to keep O and bring him back to his place 3 hours away) until mid week the following week. Neither Dh, Oscar nor I are all that jazzed about the idea. I'm not sure why...just seems like a long time to be away and for no reason in particular besides bonding with grandad. I have a feeling my dad will be hurt if we say no though. I have to decide today.

Any weekend plans? We have free passes for a music fest going on tomorrow and we might bring the kids for some of it and hopefully find a sitter for the nightime portion. There aren't really bands that I'm excited to see or anything, but it could still be fun?

August 5th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Jennifer, did you get the nights to yourself?

We're heading out tomorrow and I was up all night, my mind racing with all the details I need to take care of. Camping and family vacations are fun but I don't know how many more pre-trip preparations my little brain can handle this summer. I'm seriously considering going alone on a silent meditation retreat for a few days before summer is out to restore some calm and peace and try and shut my head up. Seriously.

Everyone have a good weekend?? Is it just me or does it feel like summer is already fizzling out weather wise? Give me a heat wave, please!

Happy Monday!

August 5th, 2013, 09:36 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Monday girls. I took the kids to my parents for the weekend alone. DH stayed home and finished Sam's big boy room. My friend gave us a twin bed so we decided to set it up and paint his room and all that jazz. It is almost done, just waiting on his new comforter set. He seems to like his new bed, the toddler bed was just kinda tiny and since we got a free bed why not set it up! ha

Have a fun trip Michelle! and woot for James!!
August 5th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, the weekend was a pretty good success. 4 nights to myself! I had a migraine the whole weekend, so I didn't get to party like I had planned, but that's ok. I spent the days at the campsite, mostly watching the rain. It was lousy weather. Oh well. The kids had a blast.

Michelle, not sure if you'll see this, but if the weather is nice Wednesday, we will head out there in the morning for the beach. The kids didn't get much time in the water. Look for a little tent at the big beach.

What did you decide about O spending time with your dad?

Kim, you'll have to share pictures of Sam's new room. Is it red and blue?
August 6th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Bah, what terrible timing for a migraine, Jennifer! Hope you slept well though. I'm glad the kids had a blast despite the weather. I'll fb message you me cell and you can text me if you head out to the beach. Looks like today will be a nice day so we are going to try and get out of here asap so that we can enjoy the weather outside of the city.

We decided not to send O to my Dad's. We have too many commitments this weekend that he should be here for (his Grandmother's birthday, etc). Maybe next year.

Are we going to get to see pics of Sam's new room? Did your dh appreciate the weekend to himself, Kim?

We ended up bringing the kids to the concert on Saturday and it was so much fun! The kids had a blast and lasted all the way to the closing act . Oscar got to meet a Canadian radio personality that he is enamored with and we saw someone we know plays sitar perform with Beck, which I think is pretty cool! I think we will take them again next year.

See you in a few days (maybe sooner for you, Jennifer )!

August 6th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Oh I am jealous you two ladies get to meet! have fun!

The concert sounds like a blast! Beck! how exciting!.....I so want to take Syd to her first "real" concert, I was going to make it Jack Johnson this fall at The Tower however tickets are a fortune not sure my DH will go for spending that much on a concert ha! But I know she would be in awe, actually I would be too he is pretty handsome

I will post pics of his room once the comforter set arrives, should be today! It is red and blue, the walls are a greyish blue and then we did a thick red stripe around the room, I really love it! and then I repainted an old bookshelf to match a dresser in dark navy/royal blue color. all in all I love it and he seems to like it too!
August 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My brother loves Beck. He might have been there. He is always going to concerts.

We have taken the kids to music festivals, but not to a concert in a stadium. I'm going to wait until the kids are crazy for a singer/band and then we'll blow their minds with tickets.

Kim, did you get the comforter for Sam?

We set up J's new bunk bed on Monday and Leah has taken over the top bunk. So far, she hasn't rolled over the edge and the top bunk has fallen down and flattened James. So that's good.

The weather wasn't very good this morning, so the kids and I didn't go meet Michelle at the beach. DH said there is a severe thunderstorm warning for our area this afternoon, but hopefully the camp ground will be spared. It's no fun being stuck in a tent when there's lightning flashing around you.

Speaking of meeting up, Kim, do you think you will go see Amanda and meet little Camden when he is born?
August 8th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, how was the weather for you guys Wednesday night? We had a crazy storm with a tornado watch in the area of the campsite.
August 9th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!

Sam's room sounds nice. I always like your style, Kim

We survived! Jennifer, wasn't it you that said something along the lines of "even if it is a disaster, it will be memories for the rest of your life" Nah, not a disaster but the dynamic was a little weird and Wednesday night was a nightmare. Sure, there was the unending crazy storm but there was also Oscar, throwing up every 20 minutes all night long. There was also a thrilling ride home with lots of traffic and vomit. But otherwise it was nice! We had a site right on the river and the kids had so much fun exploring and playing in it and all that good stuff. Even managed a bit of beach time before heading out yesterday.

Needless to say, I have an awful lot of laundry and cleaning to do today. It is safe to say all camping gear is contaminated. But Oscar is back to himself again, at least

Also, it's Friday! I love coming back just in time for the weekend!

Any plans for the weekend?

August 12th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yuck!! Poor guy and poor you! Definitely a memory to last the rest of your life. My MIL still talks about the time DH got the runs while camping when he was a baby.

How was everyone's weekend? We spent the weekend with the in-laws for FIL's birthday. It was a nice weekend. Leah is at gymnastics camp this week, so it's just James and I. We had a playdate this morning with a couple of the kids that will be in his preschool class this morning. Hopefully it helps with the transition.

Two more weeks of summer, then it's all over. I can't believe it! We're not ready for the fall.
August 12th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Hi girls.....yucky vomit trip! glad you made the best out of it!

We had a decent weekend, had a BBQ nothing too special. We have some busy weeks coming up with getting ready for school and we are also switching Sam's preschool so I am a bit nervous about that.

Anywho here is Sam's big boy room! He loves it!

not sure why the color is all funky and the floor looks orange, I think my camera is on a weird setting lol
August 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, the room looks fab! I love that blue dresser. Any reason in particular you're switching Sam schools?

How's Leah feeling about back to school? I told O he only had 2 weeks left and he was not thrilled.

We had a great weekend. Dh had a show on Saturday in some hipster artist loft place and we brought the kids and it was really good and fun and I felt somewhat young and "with it" for a very brief moment . Sunday we drove out to the country for a birthday party being held at our friend's family's lavender farm. That place is so flipping gorgeous I can barely handle it and we met some really sweet and interesting people there, including a beekeeper! The kids had a blast running free and swimming in the pond. Then we drove back through Montreal and 45 minutes out of town to get to my MIL's for her birthday party. Which was also nice. We were pooped when we got home but it was worth it.

Back to usual again today. Ho hum.

August 13th, 2013, 05:32 AM
thanks Michelle! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

We are changing Sam's schools mostly due to money, the kids current school just keeps increasing the price and I don't mean a couple bucks either. For the fall they wanted to increase Sam's rate by nearly $40 a week. That is a lot of money over the course of the year and for a 3 yr old who is potty trained paying close to 300 per week for preschool is just not feasible, this isn't Princeton prep school, it's friggin preschool!! While I am happy with his current school for the most part as far as teachers and stuff I just figured with Sydney leaving for kindergarten anyway now was the time to make a move. I can play up the whole "everyone is starting a new school" thing and come Sept everyone starts fresh. We found a preschool close to us, smaller, not corporate like the one we use now. The teachers are amazing and overall we just got a really good vibe from the place, it is $90 cheaper per week and while cheaper might not always be better I feel like we are making the right move. Sam is excited to start a new school but I am sure the first few days might be hard on everyone. He starts the day after labor day, wish us luck! I hate change but it was time!
August 13th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Oh mama, between Sydney starting kindergarten and the 90$ a week with Sam, you're going to be saving some serious dough. That's awesome! Totally worth the switch, especially if you have good vibes from the new place. September is going to be a big change for you guys, but change can be good

My bff is having some super serious marital problems and I'm feeling really stressed and sad for her A big part of me feels like she should just cut her losses and leave him (they don't have kids, yet) but I know I would probably never want to hear that from my bestie. Bah. Any of you have friends who married a man child dud? Was it hard to be supportive?

Any exciting Tuesday plans? It's Oscar's last soccer game of the season today, hurray! But there is still the soccer party/mini tournament in 2 weeks, boo!

August 13th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sam's room looks fun! Great job! And $90 is nothing to sneeze at. Have you met some of the kids? Will there be a transition period or does he just start full-time the first day? Is Sydney ready for kindergarten?

Michelle, I actually have two friends that are going through huge marital drama at the moment. Both couples are in counselling. I think one couple will be ok and the other couple just needs to accept it won't work out and move on. Unfortunately there are kids involved, but my friend is really miserable. I try to be on her side, but don't say too much negative about her DH, just in case. And he's a good guy, they're just really not good for each other.

Leah can't wait to go back to school. She misses her friends and is tired of James. Hopefully her and her friends stay in the same class. There's a chance the kids will be split into two groups.

James and I are in playdate mode this week. We met a couple of his school friends Monday, and today we spent time with the friend I mentioned above and her kids. Tomorrow it's more friends at the park. Potty training is going ok. I'm keeping him in pull-ups, but calling them underwear. I just can't handle anymore poopy underwear. It's working. I caught him once today starting a #2 and we ran to the bathroom. The other times, he has told me. Once he gets the hang of that, I'll work on teaching him to pull his pants and underwear on and off.
August 14th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Go James Go! I'm still working on getting Holly to pull off her own pants and underwear...for some reason I feel like it will be awhile. Pants can be tricky! Plus she's on the toilette instead of the potty now and she pretty much needs to take them off completely to sit properly to pee. Is that normal?

I really want my friend and her husband to go into counseling. I think that if they learned to fight fair and talk to each other properly instead of baloney passive aggressive crap all the time, they just might stand a chance. I have a playdate with a friend who is a psychiatrist tomorrow, I will get some names from her. Would you be offended if your friend suggested counseling to you (if you were having marital problems)?

Our playdate today got rained out...I don't have a plan B. I'm considering taking both kids out to the mall for school supply shopping. Worst idea ever???

Jennifer, how is your aunt doing?

August 14th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Sam will be starting on a short week at his new school, the week after Labor Day and my mom is staying with us that week so he will just go probably 1/2 days for the first week. Hopefully that works! Syd is excited but also nervous, the whole new friends thing is psyching her out I think, I think one of her friends from Pre K could possibly be in her class, I hope she is, at least it will be a friendly face she knows! Regardless I think she will be fine, she is hardly shy so after a day or 2 she should be ok, I hope!

Sorry about your friends Michelle, our very good friends went thru a divorce years back, it was rough and remaining friends with both parties was quite difficult, it was like constant eggshell walking and awkwardness. 1/2 of that duo moved away so we remain friends with the other 1/2 who is remarrried now and expecting a baby, it's all good. Life chugs along I guess. Sometimes people just don't click and it takes marriage to figure it out.

We have a work BBQ tonight at Jon's work. There will be wine, I shall survive
August 15th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, how was the bbq? Was it at his boss' fancy place?

Michelle, James needs his pants and underwear off to pee too. Otherwise, he pees straight out and makes a mess.

My aunt is putting on a brave face, I think. At least her bad luck seems to have run out. Nothing horrible has happened in almost two weeks. Her boys are both one for a week or so on vacations, so she is on her own. She will be coming over tonight for coffee and hopefully for a visit over the weekend. Next Friday would have been my uncle's birthday and the following week is their wedding anniversary, so I think she has a rough couple of weeks ahead.

DH is coming back from Texas tonight. We're all pretty excited to see him.
August 16th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday!

Hope it was a happy homecoming, Jennifer!

Anyone have plans for the weekend? I think we kind of have nothing. Weird.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search