20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 16th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woohoo! We're at 7000 posts! Way to go ladies!!

Homecoming wasn't great. DH rushed off to the ER after dropping off his bags at home. Came home around 3:30am and will be heading back to ER in an hour for some tests and follow-up, so we probably won't see him tonight. We're not sure what's wrong and doctor last night couldn't really figure it out. Not fun.

Nothing specific planned for the weekend, but we have a few summer activities that we haven't had a chance to do yet. Need to get those crossed off our list. One more week before school!!

Enjoy doing nothing this weekend. That is weird. You guys are usually pretty busy on weekends.

Kim, how are you doing? How are the kids?
August 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no Jennifer what is wrong with DH? Hope he is feeling better soon!

well our cat died as you all probably saw on FB, it was traumatic for poor sydney. She was 14 yrs old and the last few weeks has just not seemed herself, not exactly sick IDK, I figured she was just getting old, cause she was old! anyway last Thursday morning she started throwing up blood and was shaking and couldn't walk and meowing and just a mess. Took her to the vet and they said she had some kind of GI cancer/mass and that they felt it was in our best interest to have her put to sleep since she was old and suffering. So we had to do it. it stinks. Syd is ok now, Sam didn't seem to really care too much. Of course Syd wants another cat but I am trying to push it off for now, I kind of like not having a litter box to clean ha!

We went to a fair and birthday party over the weekend, it was ok, nothing spectacular.
August 19th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys.

Crap, Jennifer. What's going on? Everything ok?

Kim, that stinks a lot. We still miss our kitties and they have been gone for nearly 4 years. Poor Syd. That's a tough one for a kid, but I think they get over it faster than us. Have to say though, we also are pretty happy to not have a litter box anymore. RIP little Tilly.

Hope everyone has a good week!

August 20th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Poor Tillie. I'm happy the kids handled it so well. I hear you on the litter box thing. We had two rabbits until Leah was two and it was a pain. They aren't quite as tidy as cats, so there were little pellets everywhere. I don't miss those days.

DH is slowly on the mend. He has some kind of infection that just got bad really quickly and he was too worried to go to a hospital in Texas (despite having insurance), so he waited until he got home. He is taking antibiotics (he has a fanny pack with a machine that gives him the meds) and once that's done, he'll be taking oral antibiotics for a few more days. If he had waited another day or so, things could have been a lot worse, so thank goodness it all turned out ok.

Last week of vacation. The weather is supposed to be great all week, so it's a nice way to end.
August 21st, 2013, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Phew, glad it's under control, Jennifer. And now he gets to rock a fanny pack Hope you're teasing him lots!

We are lakeside in Vermont this week with inlaws. I have to work while I'm here though, but that's ok, it gives me an excuse to be antisocial for a couple of hours in the morning. DH and I have a hot American grocery shopping date planned for later in the week. I'm psyched.

August 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, hope the lake with family was fun! How was the date?

We had a good last week. A busy weekend ahead before Leah starts school on Tuesday. James has regressed a bit with the potty training. Oh well.

Any big plans for you ladies this weekend?
August 26th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How was the weekend? Ours was full of friends and soccer parties. Huzzah.

Big week, back to school! O starts on Wednesday and we are nuts and squeezing in one last 24 hour camping trip today to mark the end of summer. We've had lots of getaways this summer but always with other people, this one will be just our little family. Fingers crossed for success.

When does Leah go back? And when does Sydney start?

August 26th, 2013, 04:51 PM
"hot American grocery shopping date" bahahaha hope is was better than my grocery shopping dates

How is everyone? Our weekend was pretty low key, hung out, did some house stuff, went to the park, watched movies. it was nice to have no real plans for once!

Have fun on your camping trip!! Sydney starts school on the 9th, she has orientation this Wed! Sam starts his new preschool next Tuesday, every morning he wakes up he asks "is today the day I get to go to my new school?" he seems intrigued about going, let's hope he feels that way when the time actually comes haha

Jennifer I hope your DH is feeling lots better!
August 26th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, hope the weather is nice for your last camping trip!

Kim, it's nice that you can have a low key weekend. My kids are not good with that. We need to have something going every day or they are crazy. DH and I are looking forward to a time when we can have a relaxing, low-key weekend.

Leah starts tomorrow. She seems excited. It's a pyjama day. I hope, hope, hope her friends are in her class this year. Even if she would still see them at recess, I know she will be crushed if she is separated from them in class. We'll see.

James has a meeting with the teachers Wednesday and his first "integration day" is Friday. I'm worried about the potty thing. He's about 80%, but he also can't undress or dress himself. Not sure what they will say. He talks about school a bit, but we're sure he's completely clueless about the reality of it. I'm stressed about leaving him Friday.

I'm just stressing about back to school in general. In a couple of weeks I'll have a big party morning and celebrate all the me-time I will be getting. For now, just stress.

Oh, and DH is much better now. He had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics he was on for the infection and broke out in spots all over. A doctor gave him prednisone to help with that and it seems to be working. Mostly all healed now. This scary, strange ordeal is behind us.
August 29th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Morning!

How is Leah making out at school? Are her friends in her class? So glad your dh is better!

Oscar is on day 2 of grade 1. The kindergarten of his school is in a separate building and now he is in the big school and it is indeed very BIG. He seems to be doing great and is happy to be there but I'm a little overwhelmed by it! His teacher is incredibly unwelcoming and harsh I heard her snap at O at pick up yesterday and I was really taken aback by it and a boy in the class cried almost all day and she never once went to comfort him Oscar hasn't noticed though, so I guess all is well? Maybe it's just a bad first impression...either way, what can you do?

Hope all is well with everyone!

August 29th, 2013, 10:09 AM
oh gosh Michelle that sounds not so lovely Good O doesn't seem to notice, it's hard, you can't pick teachers and there are crappy ones and great ones, luck of the draw I guess :/

We had Kindy orientation yesterday, I found it very overwhelming, like information overload, it was crowded and hot and smelled like a school (duh it was a A school ) blah lol..we did meet Sydney's teacher and while I didn't feel like she was super warm and fuzzy she also seemed nice enough, I don't know, people tell me she is a good teacher, time shall tell. The good news is that one of the little girls from Syd's pre k class is in her class with her so she instantly was relieved when she found that out, always helps to have a familiar face. Countdown is on, supplies are bought, now just waiting for the official first day! Sam starts his new school Tuesday!

any plans for the long weekend? is it a long weekend in Canada? probably not lol. My parents are coming on Saturday, my mom will be staying the whole week. On Sunday we are trekking into the city to see my nieces new apartment, she and her BF moved in together finally. Exciting stuff. That's about all I have going on at the moment!
August 29th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor O. Like Kim said, luck of the draw on teachers. Maybe she is starting out tough to set a tone and then will soften as the kids get used to the routine. I know some teachers do that.

I haven't met Leah's teacher yet, so we'll see how she is. I do know that her gym teacher is bad (personal experience, I worked with her when I was doing one of my teacher placements a few years ago). J's teacher seems very nice. He is supposed to have two, but they haven't hired a second one yet.

Leah's first day went great. There are two grade one classes, but they kept all the girls in one class with a few boys, and the other class is all boys. I bet that will be an interesting class to teach!

James has his first integration day tomorrow. He keeps saying he doesn't want to lose mommy, but he doesn't get upset when we talk about his new friends and playing at the sand table and stuff. We'll see. We will still have basically the whole day together. I pick him up before 11 every morning. So he'll still get plenty of mommy time.

It is a long weekend here too. Nothing really planned. DH was going to go camping with the kids one more time, but it's supposed to rain, so we're not doing that.
August 30th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Well, the week went better than I could have hoped. James was great this morning. No tears, played well, listened to the teacher. He had two accidents and ran out of extra clothes, but he wasn't the only one, so that's cool.

It is my uncle's birthday today. We got his favourite cake just for us to have. And DH and I are going on our first date all summer. Another aunt is babysitting the kids for the very first time. The kids know her a bit, so I'm sure it will be fine.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a good second half of the week. Enjoy the long weekend!
September 4th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Long time no see! How is everyone making out? How are your kids doing with the changes, Kim? Way to go James! Is he still having accidents? Holly, I'm sure would be having accidents is she were at preschool.

How was your date, Jennifer? And how did your aunt do one your uncles birthday? Did you have the cake with her?

O is doing well with grade 1. The teacher is kind of known as a bit of a grump but the kids all love her, so there ya go. That's all that matters.

We've been given a chance to go away for a few days to a cottage with my SIL next week. She doesn't want to go alone and it's a beautiful place. Problem? O would have to miss, like, 4 days of school...worst idea ever? I'm not worried about the missed school work as much as I am worried about him feeling lost when he comes back...I dunno. Opinions?

Have a great day! Hope all the little schoolers are doing well

September 4th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, I think he would probably be ok if he missed a week of school so early in the year. I'm sure the teacher starts out slow to get kids used to the "big kid" class routine, before getting into the heavy stuff. But if you're not sure, talk to the teacher about it. Leah complains about having to work all day instead of playing, but from what I've seen, they're doing review of what they learned last year. Nothing new yet. How is your SIL doing?

James hasn't gone back yet. His next integration day is tomorrow and then Friday they all start together. He is excited to go again. He got really sick last weekend, and was basically back in diapers for a few days. So who knows how he'll do at school. He was accident free today, but I was constantly bugging him.

My aunt and two cousins did something quiet on their own Friday night for his birthday. We spent Monday with them. She said being at work all day Friday helped. Her coworkers kept her busy and distracted.

Have a good rest of the week ladies!
September 6th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Hi girls! sorry been MIA, lots of stuff going on!

I think it would be ok for O to miss school for a few days, go for it!

I hope James did great for his first day!

Sam is loving his new school so far! the transition has been fairly easy, let's hope it stays that way!

Syd starts school Monday! Can't believe my baby girl is starting school!

Any fun plans this weekend? I have a bridal shower to attend on Saturday, it's about an hr away. Syd and I and a friend are driving together, girly kinda day! Other than that no plans really!
September 9th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, what did you guys decide to do about the cottage?

Kim, was Sydney excited this morning about going to school?

How was the weekend for everyone?

This is J's first full week of preschool. It's going to take me a while to get used to being alone. It was nice going shopping this morning though. I got an outfit for my first yoga class tonight. My first "work-out" class ever! I thought low impact was the way to go for me.

Have a good Monday!
September 9th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Morning. Sydney was excited, until we got there and then she cried like crazy She wasn't the only one crying so there is that I suppose. Hopefully she calmed quickly and is having a good day, I will know around 3:30! One thing I was convinced of this morning and that is....I could never, ever be a kindergarten teacher! Holy Hannah!

Sam is doing really great in his new school, I was worried but he seemed to transition well. Hopefully that continues.

Yay for yoga! Have fun!
September 10th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How was Sydney this morning? I hope it went better.

When I dropped James off this morning (day 4), there was only 1 boy who was a little upset. No one else was crying. So it does get better.

It's picture day at school. James is going through a phase where he makes ridiculous faces when the camera comes out, so we'll see how his pics turn out. Leah's will be lovely and make up for whatever James does.

Happy Tuesday.
September 10th, 2013, 11:01 AM
She did better this morning, she cried a little but hugged me and walked off with her teacher so hopefully it gets better each day.

I found out today my dad needs open heart surgery *sigh* we can't seem to catch a break, I feel so stressed ugh

Hope James makes the best face ever! he will be handsome no matter what!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search