20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, your poor dad! How is he feeling? When is the surgery?

How did Sydney do this morning? No tears?
September 12th, 2013, 09:30 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My dad actually feels fine, he has a history of atrial fib so he sees a cardiologist regularly, they do echocardiograms and it showed his valve was getting more leaky and so they decided to do a cardiac cath to just check on things, turned out he has some blocked arteries and his valve really needs to be fixed too so they said he should get it done. He has an appointment with a thoracic surgeon tomorrow morning so we should know tomorrow when they are going to do it. :/ I just want him to get it done ASAP and have a speedy recovery! hope that isn't asking to much!

Sydney is doing fine now, yesterday and today there were no tears. So hopefully that continues, she seems to be adjusting to the new school thing now, I hope!
September 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

How was everyone's weekend? How was the week at the cottage, Michelle?

One of DH's coworkers from Texas is in town this week. It has been very exciting. The kids were surprised he didn't have a cowboy hat or boots, but he brought them little gifts so they love him.
September 17th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys! I haven't deserted you, promise! My morning routine has just changed around and things are busy busy.

Kim, when is your dad having the surgery? I'm glad they caught the blockage before it became bad news. I'm sending lots of positive vibes for a smooth recovery and then life back to normal. And lots of good, low anxiety, super vibes to you. So many health storms you've had to weather, Kim

How are all the kids doing at school now? Totally into it? Still sniffly? Jennifer, how's James doing with the potty? Glad your kids are having fun with the Texan I've been selling a bunch of baby stuff lately and a guy came for the pack and play yesterday and the kids looooved him. Oscar invited him to his birthday and they told he could come by any time I kind of felt the same way, this dad was H-O-T!

Cottage was nice, but cold. O only only missed 1.5 days of school. Compromise. His bday is Saturday and we're having some kids over for a party after school on Friday. I think dh is working. heaven help me.

Missed you ladies, hope you're well!

September 18th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How was yoga, Jennifer??

September 18th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Fun! The big six! It's a good age for parties. The kids just play and do their own thing. Piece of cake! I love that he invited that man to his party. So sweet.

It is chilly, isn't it. I guess you weren't able to swim. Was there a lot to do at the cottage for the kids?

Our Texan is great. He reminds me of Jack McBrayer, the actor. So sweet and friendly and smiley. James even held his hand while we were showing him around the Parliament buildings last night.

I still haven't gone to yoga. I missed the first class because of a migraine and I missed this week because DH was entertaining his friend. Next week I will go.

Potty training = But it's all good.
September 19th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha about the potty training. Is he having accidents at school? I'm sending Holly to a little preschool type program starting next week for a day or 2 a week and it's going to be a crapshoot (har har) for her and the toilette there. It's only 2hrs and 45 minutes long, here's hoping she can hold it!

Is your Texan still around? Has he been adopted into the family yet?

I'm taking a chemistry class, mid day, every day, for the next 2 months. It's going to upset the balance and schedule of our house. I'm nervous but it should be good.

I have sooo much to do for O's party tomorrow. Do 6 year old boys want to play pin the tail on the donkey and have spoon and egg races? Should i just let them play video games? Eh.

Kim, what's the word?

September 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

I've made a pinata! I've decorated and filled loot bags! I've baked three kinds of cookies! Bring on the little boys! And bring on 5:30 when the kids get picked up and I start drinking!

Any exciting plans for the weekend?

September 20th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you're all set. I think the boys would love playing games. Will there be prizes? And cookies are always a hit at Leah's parties. Good luck! Is O pumped up?

Chemistry... Fun...

James pees in his pants at preschool every day. He's in pullups now to avoid messes. He's also in diapers again at home. We decided to wait until he's ready. Or until Christmas, since the teacher wants everyone potty trained by then.

Is Holly excited about preschool?

Good luck tonight!!!
September 20th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a fun party Michelle!

Sorry girls I am still around, busy! My dad meets with the surgeon next week, the same day my mom gets her followup CT scan ugh!...the surgeon did a few other tests and determined it isn't urgent so the surgery won't be until mid to late October I guess. So good it isn't urgent but it would be nice to get it done and over! oh well take it a day at a time. He feels good so that is good news!

My kids are doing great at school. Sam loves his new preschool, he tells me everyday "I love my new school" and Syd had a rough start but now is back to the ole Sydney with a gusto and spunk. I drop her off and she just wanders into school with her friends like she has been doing it her whole life!

Tonight we have a school "function" to attend, it's supposed to be a fun get together so the parents can meet each other, I am meh about it but figure I need to go, I might drink a beer before we leave lolll. Tomorrow DH has a bachelors party to go to in the evening so not sure what the kids and I will do, just hang around I guess. Sunday I have high hopes to get yard work done, if the weather is decent.

Good call on waiting on James to potty train, he will get there!
September 22nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How was the weekend, ladies? How was O's bday party?

We went bowling today. We seem to have learned our lesson from previous visits. Only paid for the kids to play (to keep it short) and there was no focus on points or who's turn it was. The kids had a blast.

Leah is like Sam; she loves school. On Friday, when we told her that it was the weekend, she moaned and said she wished it was school every day. And she is starting to read now, which I find so amazing and fun to listen to.

We are hosting Thanksgiving this year, for the first time ever. I'm excited, but freaking out. DH is in charge of the turkey, but I'll be to blame for everything else. And there will be 13 people. Crazy! (Kim, Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away for us.)

Wishing you a good Monday!!
September 27th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Guys!

How was everyone's week? Jennifer, I hope Leah will always have such a good attitude towards school I'm excited for you and Thanksgiving. I would loooove to host but dh family wouldn't want to make the unbearable 20 minute trek in from the suburbs Maybe I'll host my family this year.

O's party was a wild ride, but a success. Mental note, next year DON"T buy noise makers. We also went bowling on Saturday, his actual birthday. Fun was had.

Things are busy now with our new little schedule. Holly likes her preschool but is grumpy the rest of the time. I'm not sure what's up, but it's a drag.

Hope you all have a fabulous, restful weekend!

October 1st, 2013, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kim, how did your parents' appts. go last week?

Michelle, how is your class working out?

A grumpy 3 year old. I am not familiar with this phenomenon...

We had a fun weekend. Went to a fair on Saturday. Sunday, we went to a local Oktoberfest. They didn't have much for the kids, but we were with friends, so they had fun anyways. And DH enjoyed the beer.

James has an appointment with his diet doctor today. I remembered last night that I was supposed to be using stickers to keep track of every BM for the last 2 months. So I spent part of this morning filling up a page with what I thought was an acceptable number of stickers.
October 4th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hellllooooooooooo!

How did the poop appointment go?

It's sad to see this thread dying

Amanda had her baby and he's beautiful!

Jennifer, are you going to have another baby?

October 6th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sad too. I miss hearing about everyone's day to day stuff. But life gets busy.

How is the class going, Michelle? Are you enjoying it?

Kim, how were the appointments this week?

We had a pretty good weekend. Now we get to spend the week stressing over Thanksgiving dinner!
Michelle, have you made plans for the weekend?
October 7th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Hi girls! I am still here! just busy! Since Syd has started school I feel like we constantly have stuff to do, projects, functions, parties, just constant running around!

My parents appointments went well. My mom's CT was clean, no sign of cancer! woot! which means she can officially get her chemo port out. She still needs followup evey 6 months to keep an eye on things but as of now she is cancer free and doing great! My dad is having his surgery on the 18th, he will be in the hospital for at least a week, it's a pretty major surgery but the surgeon feels like he will do great and shouldn't have any complications, of course nothing is a given but let's hope it goes smoothly! He officially retired last week, what a way to spend your first few months of retirement! recovery from major surgery, yikes! but hopefully it goes well.

We have a wedding this coming weekend, it will be the first time ever that we have left our kids overnight, the whole thing is making me stressed lol I just worry that Sydney will give my parents a hard time at bedtime but she can't stay up forever right? well she could but she won't, right? ha! My sister is coming along to aid them which should help and they have plans to go into the city to meet up with my niece and do all kinds of fun stuff so lets just hope my kids are on their best behavior and I guess if they aren't it won't be my problem! I will be celebrating our best friends wedding and likely be half in the bag by 5pm so maybe I just won't care? or I will cry? it's anybodies guess lol

Jennifer what is up with James' poop? Sam poops constantly, sometimes I think he might have a lactose intolerance or something IDK, he poops all. the. time! And Syd is constantly constipated. my kids and poop! the joy of parenting lol

I will try to be around more often! promise!
October 8th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kim! Great news about your mom! What a relief for you guys. You can focus on helping your dad through his recovery and then he gets to party with his healthy heart. Are they the type that will travel around the world now that they are retired?

A night away from the kids will be great for you! And for them. They'll be good for your family. And your parents might let them get away with a few things, but that's their job. Enjoy the freedom! Plus, you will get the best hugs when you see them the next day.

J's doctor said he is slowly getting better. He has magical powers that let him feel how much poop is in his stomach just by feeling it and he said it's starting to empty out. James doesn't poop as much as the doctor said he should (should be 4-6 times a day, he goes maybe twice), but it's nice and solid now and almost always on the toilet!

Probably a no-go for another baby. I would have to get a decent paying job to cover the extra expenses of another human in the house. By the time I probably get a job, I'll be too old for more kids. Who knows... Amanda's baby is adorable. I would love to snuggle with one of those again!
October 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Hi ladies...the wedding was super fun, kids were totally fine too! Guess this means we can leave them over night more often! ha

We got a kitten, Oscar, sorry Michelle, I try not to name pets after people I know but Sydney insisted for whatever reason this cat needed to be named Oscar, it is a pretty fab name! Despite not wanting to get another cat, her asking and asking and asking broke me down and I must admit he is super sweet, like a little cuddle bear, I kinda like him

My dad's surgery is this week, the 18th. Hoping it goes well!

That is pretty much all that is going on around here. How is everyone!?
October 15th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hola!

Super amazing news about your mom, Kim! And you're dad is going to breeze through the surgery. When my grandfather had his giant heart surgery my cousin gave him her favourite teddy bear for him to hold to his chest afterwards whenever he needed to cough or laugh or anything. I remember being super jealous at the time that my cousin had thought of it before me. Tell Syd to get on it! I hope it goes well and will be thinking of you guys.

Jennifer, how was Thanksgiving? How was hosting? Do you have a sweet stash of leftovers now? I'm hosting my family this coming Saturday due to schedule conflicts this past weekend. I was thinking of James and his poop lately (ha!) and wondering if you are still doing the new, strict diet and how everyone is adapting. Also, that's nutso that he can feel the poop in James And 4-6 poops a day also sounds loco to me!

Kim, I love that the kitty is named Oscar! We almost named Holly Tilly and now you have a cat named Oscar. I like it

Things are good here. The class is a necessary evil so I can't say I'm loving it but it is going fairly well. I like the teacher. It is certainly weird to be away from home 3 hours a day, every day, without kids. Chemistry makes me less tired than the children do I have an exam on Friday (nothing compared to heart surgery!!) and a month after I'll be all done. I will try harder to pop by more often, make it a part of my morning routine again.

I can hear Holly goofing around in her room...it's 9:30pm. I wondering if naps should be phased out soon....

October 17th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

Anyone here dying for this week to be over? Kim, I bet it will be a relief for the weekend to get here and all to be well with your Dad.

Today is going to be a hectic, stressful one. I write a lab exam this afternoon and have lots of stuff before and after that. Another exam tomorrow morning and then I can breath.

I'm having the fam over for dinner on Saturday and my brother says he has news. My gut tells me that he is going to be moving away for a new job For his sake I hope it's true, but not so much for my sake.

Have a good Thursday guys. The sun is shinning here for the time being and I hope it's shinning where you are too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search