20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 09:40 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Halloween! today is also my DHs birthday! the big 4....0....yikes!

O what a sweet boy!

boo for rain! it is cloudy here but I don't think it is supposed to rain. I am off in a couple minutes to go help Sydney's class, pray for me

Hi Amanda! sorry Camden is a crank, Syd was a crank too as a baby, it was friggin hard! as they say "this too shall pass" whoever "they" are need a swift kick in the pants lol

Tomorrow is party prep day, wish me luck on that too! I def bit off more than I can chew with this party but whatever it will all work or it won't and I will just pass out shots and then no one will care
November 1st, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, good haul for everyone last night? The rain cleared up and it was nice out so the kids were out without jackets. It was a fun night. Our street is always pretty quiet, so we have a lot of leftover candy, on top of the kids' stuff. Woohoo!!!

We are in the middle of a "wind storm" this morning. Crazy winds. James gets really stressed out by wind, so you can imagine how our preschool drop-off went.

Any fun plans for the weekend? Kim, you're going to visit your dad, right?

Have a good weekend everyone!
November 1st, 2013, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Woo, we survived! We had rain for trick or treating but it was warm so it was fine. the kids had a blast. O definitely went to school in costume. Do any schools NOT have costumes on Halloween? Boggles my mind!

We are also having the wind storm. Hopefully we don't lose power.

Kim, have fun at the party! It will all work out! What's it like being married to an old guy????

Pretty quiet weekend here. My Dad stayed just long enough to be helpful. Now I'm solo until Monday. A lot of laziness and tv. I'm going to a thing at a friends tomorrow after with the kids and that's about it. I'm pretty pleased about it all You doing anything Jennifer?

November 4th, 2013, 05:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

How's daylight savings working out for everyone?

How was the party, Kim?

Anything exciting this week? O is home sick today. Hopefully Holly doesn't get what he has. Or me for that matter.

Happy Monday!!?

November 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Morning! Party was fun, I drank too much and felt crappy yesterday but such is life, getting old is rough ha. Daylight savings is ok here, partially because we were all up super late Sat anyway so everyone slept in yesterday, maybe I should host a party everytime the time changes?

Busy work week but not much else planned this week.
Hope O feels better soon!!
November 6th, 2013, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

I've been down and out with a migraine. Blah.

The time change didn't affect the kids at all here. But for DH and I, the day felt about an hour too long.

I'm helping out on a school trip with Leah tomorrow. I will be in charge of her and 4 of her friends. Should be fun...

We're going to try potty training again. There is a sale on Hot Wheels this week at Walmart, so I stocked up. That's a good bribe, right?

How is everyone's week going?
November 6th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Guys!

Oh yeah, Kim, how was being in Sydney's class go last week? Good luck with the field trip, Jennifer. Where are they going?

O is better. It was a couple of pathetic days of high fevers and vomit but now he is 100% back to normal. Kids and their weird viruses

Time change was totally fine here too. They aren't getting up earlier than usual or anything. Thank god.

Less than 3 weeks of class left for me, hurray! Can you imagine my horror when the teacher casually busted out quadratic equations as an "easy" way to solve a problem yesterday Good god, that stuff is meant for the young.

Have a great hump day!

Oh, and hot wheels are a super bribe

November 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
quadratic equations? yikes! good luck lol

sydney's class party was fine, the kids were all super well behaved and sweet and funny and not at all the crazy scene I was expecting! this teacher rocks! she is so good! Firm, fair, nice, connects with the kiddos, I feel lucky! I hope Sam gets her as a teacher once he is in kindy too!

Cloudy yuck day today, I wish I could nap!

Hot wheels sound like a perfect bribe! good luck!
November 8th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello! How was everyone's week? Anything fun planned for the weekend?

I survived yesterday with Leah's class, but barely. I had her and four of her friends. Three of them (not Leah) bickered and yelled and ran around the whole time. Leah seemed to have a good time though.

The hot wheels thing is working pretty well. If he goes the whole day without pooping in a diaper (we're not working on pee so much), he gets a new car at bedtime. So far, he has three cars. So he's at 100%!
The only catch we didn't think of is that Leah got really upset when she realized she didn't get a new toy every night too. Oops.

Anyways, have a good weekend ladies!
November 11th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Morning girls! I am sick, cold, congestion, coughing, snotty ugh I am a mess! Happy Monday :/

Weekend was good, went to a Flyers game Saturday and a baby shower yesterday. She got sooooo much stuff! I almost forgot how much stuff you get when you have a baby shower! Holy Moly! our 2 best couple friends are expecting, finally more babies around here! Jan and June, 2014 is going to be busy!

Any plans this week? other than work and school we are going to Sydney's first "meet the author" night at our local book store on Thursday, she is so exited about this haha should be fun.
November 12th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lucky! I'm jealous you will get to snuggle babies! How are you feeling today? How is your dad doing?

The Hot Wheels thing has backfired. He decided he has enough cars, so doesn't want to use the toilet anymore. Oh well, back to waiting until he's ready.

It has started snowing here. Kids are LOVING it!

How is Christmas shopping going? Have either of you put up your decorations yet?
November 12th, 2013, 12:27 PM
boo to Hot Wheels backfiring! oh well he will get there!

My dad is doing really well, he started cardiac rehab, so far all is on track, even ahead of the game!

it snowed a little this morning, not enough to matter, it is sooooooo cold out though!

I started Christmas shopping a little, I have lists made just need to finish buying. I am trying to tone it down this year, we'll see if it works!
November 15th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good morning!

This time next week I'll be done school and will hopefully be less absent here.

We have just barely started Christmas shopping but have been putting together a game plan. We don't start preparing (decorations, etc) in earnest until December. Bit I have been thinking about it!

Any weekend plans? We're supposed to have some friends over for dinner tomorrow but I have been having a lot of weird stomach upset and pain lately that has been keeping me up at night and making me not in the mood for much. I kind of want to cancel. I also have exams next week that need my studious attention. Blech.

Happy your dad is recovering well, Kim. And at least you know James isn't being coy about potty training, seems the little guy truly doesn't want to do it! He'll come around

November 19th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi everyone. How was your weekend/Monday blahs?

Kim, we are trying to tone it down this year too. We (I) always go overboard. Leah mentioned that there was only one thing from her list last year that she didn't get. And it was a long list. And she whined that Santa didn't get her that one thing. I feel like we failed her a bit for spoiling her. So yes, trying to tone it down this year.

Found out my parents (who live 4 hours away, haven't spoken to us since our wedding and haven't met the kids) are moving to my city in the next two months to take care of my mother's parents. Hopefully we don't have any run-ins with them.

My cousin just got back from South Africa last night. He spent a month there. He was supposed to do some volunteer work, but most of it fell through, so he spent the month exploring and going on safaris and stuff. Lucky duck. I'm anxious to hear how it all went.

Anyways, hope you ladies are doing well! Good luck with your last week of class, Michelle!
November 19th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys!

Jennifer, your parents sound like a real piece of work Hope you get to avoid them. Is your brother close with them?

South Africa sounds pretty darn exciting. A friend of ours is from there and goes back frequently with his wife and kids and I'm always so jealous. The plane ride though...not so jealous of that!

We're pretty good at keeping Christmas simple but it is always tempting to go overboard.The key is to keep my dh out of the Toys R Us. He goes crazy in there!

Exam tomorrow and Thursday...cannot flipping wait for this to be done!!

November 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM
oh wow Jennifer, hope you can manage to avoid your parents :/ what happened? that they stopped speaking to you? you dont have to answer I am just being nosey ha

South Africa is on my list of places I would love to go! but I hate flying, I do it but I am not a fan so not sure I could handle a flight that long! maybe some day!

Our weekend was pretty boring, just hung around. Went a friends to watch the game Sunday. It was quiet.

Next week is Thanksgiving, I am off all week, I cannot wait!

good luck with your exams Michelle!
November 22nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hellloooooo!

Exams are done. 95% in chemistry! Who knew I was a science genius ??? So glad to be done and to slow our pace down a bit.

Kim, a week off sounds delightful. How much time off do the kids get? Hope you get a few days to yourself Will you be spending Thanksgiving with family?

Anything fun going on this weekend? We have a bday for a one year old to attend and also an oyster party a friend's place. It should be fun but we are bringing the kids and it is a very un kid friendly apartment so it might be a little nuts. Ah well.

Yesterday the kids wrapped themselves in blankets and hid under Holly's desk and told me they were hibernating. This is an idea I can really get behind....

Happy Friday!

November 23rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
95!! woot! and hibernation sounds lovely!

Sydney is off all next week too, she is going to school with Sam Monday because I have her parent/teacher conference in the morning, then I am cleaning and running errands...alone! I will take it! The rest of the week is busy, drs checkups and prepping for Thanksgiving. We are hosting Thanksgiving this year so on Wed the family starts rolling in and will be here thru next weekend, will be chaotic but fun!

So in random, crazy Kallen news. Sam apparently shoved something up his nose at some point recently without us knowing, a couple days ago I noticed his nose smelled funky, he has had a runny nose so I thought well maybe he has a sinus infection or something? then I started thinking what if he put something in his nose, DH thought I was nuts but took him into the pedi yesterday and sure as **** he had shoved a hunk of ummm paper/styrofoam, something we aren't exactly sure what it was, all the way up his nose! The pedi sent us over to the ENT who extracted said object, boys! what in the world lol.. that was our eventful week haha
November 24th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Michelle! Congrats! What a smart cookie!

Kim, that's hilarious about Sam. Poor guy. Boys are SO weird!

We went to the Santa Claus parade Saturday morning. It was fun and Santa brought the crazy snow. And right near the beginning of the parade, a woman walked over to DH and gave him a fist bump. It felt like a sign that my uncle was there (he LOVED Christmas and we always went to the parade with them) so of course, I started to cry. Thank goodness for sunglasses. My aunt, meanwhile, was checking out the cute firemen the whole time.

Re parents, there was just a lot of drama with our wedding and cutting people out is a family tradition. It's all good though. My aunt and uncle stepped in and have been the best family for me and the kids. So I think it all worked out for the best.

Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving week, Kim!!
November 26th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, that's pretty sweet and heartwarming about your uncle I hope that the weeks ahead make you feel closer to his presence and not too sad.

Kim...ew! It's hilarious/so gross that it was making his nose stink. Seriously, boys are so ridiculous. Good thing they are cute.

I read your thing about Sydney and the parent teacher conference on fb. Way to go! We were also so thrilled when O's teacher told us that he is a happy and kind boy. Happy, nice and doing fine, what more could you possibly want?? Pats on the back to you, super mom!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search