20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aww Jennifer, sweet about your uncle, sad too

yay Oscar! we rock! it is always nice to hear from a professional that your kids is doing a-ok!!

and yes it is hilarious and gross about Sam lol boys! I don't get it haha. that being said I am glad they got it out and his nose isn't funky anymore, yuck! he is getting a new set of ear tubes on the 18th and the ENT is going to also nasal scope him while he is under to just make sure it is all out of there, he said if the smell is gone it is likely all out but just want to be sure. PSA of the week if your kids nose stinks it is likely because they shoved something up there haha. The ENT said he sees kids with all kinds of things in their noses, sometimes things that have been up there for a long, long time blechhhhhhhh

Thanksgiving shopping is done, just working on house clean up and prepping. My parents arrive tomorrow, of course the weather is supposed to be really crappy, booooo hopefully it doesn't interfere with their travels.
November 27th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Snow Day! Woohoo!! Kids still went to school, but DH drove. I get to sit here in my pjs all morning.
Michelle, did O go to school today?

Fingers crossed the weather cooperates for your parents, Kim. Happy Thanksgiving!
November 27th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
School is almost never cancelled here. Most kids walk to school and we're near a metro stop so there is rarely an excuse to call a snow day. How excited were the kids for snow? Mine were thrilled even though it's super sloppy, slushie stuff. Holly played outside for an hour this morning. Which means I had to "play" outside for an hour too

Hope the weather doesn't ruin Thanksgiving for you Kim! Also the first day of Hanuka this year, 2 for 1 holiday special!

November 29th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How was thanksgiving? Turkey-tastic?

Anyone going shopping today? Black Friday was never a thing here before but now some stores are starting to do it. I was supposed to go to Ikea today but I see they are having a black Friday sale...so I may reconsider.

We're going to be in Ottawa later today and tomorrow, Jennifer. But it's going to be a quick, busy trip. I wish we had more time so that we could meet up. I know we'll be at the nature museum at some point and also at the Elgin street diner at some point...just hang out there for the next 36 hours and maybe we'll see you

Anyone fun plans for the weekend?
~MamaTutu~ likes this.

November 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Have fun! I went with Leah's class to the Nature museum a few weeks ago. It's a nice one.

Hey, what was your brother's big news a while back? Is he moving to Ottawa?

I did a bit of shopping online with sales and I bought a big set of frames at Michael's this morning for like 75% off or something. I also bought a super warm winter coat, but it wasn't one sale. Just a necessity.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend!!
December 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

How was Thanksgiving, Kim?

Michelle, how was Ottawa?

It's December, yay! This morning, James asked if Santa brought him presents yet and he had a good long cry when I said no. He had another one when Santa didn't come while he was at preschool It's going to be a fun month!
December 4th, 2013, 07:51 AM
LOL Jennifer, poor James

Thanksgiving was good, busy but good. Work is crazy busy right now, I am grumpy, tons of stuff going on this month and not enough hours in the day! Tis the Season! Ho Ho Ho...humbug
December 5th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys!

Oh man, I sure am feeling the not enough hours in a day thing right now.

Jennifer, That it hilarious about James. Hopefully he catches on quick!

Ottawa was fun and nice. But too could. I think the kids could have spent days in the museum, they loved it so much.

We have 3 young men staying with us for 2 weeks. 19 year olds. The 2 weeks will be up on Sunday. It's a long story. But anyways, I am so done with the experience! Feeding 3 young men? More than doubled my grocery bill such a bad time of year for the extra expense. And I can't imagine what my utilities bills are going to long like with the epic long hot showers they take Anyhow, I'm looking forward to Sunday when the lineups for the bathroom and fridge end!

Hope you all are well and feeling some pre Christmas joy?

December 9th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

How was your weekend?

Are you in the Christmas spirit?

I am feeling the stress. Leah's #2 gift is currently out of stock everywhere. Worried she'll be disappointed with a similar but not exact gift...

DH is heading out to Texas this week. So just me and the kids hanging out... in snow/freezing drizzle. Might be a long week if I can't get into the car.

Hope you're both doing well!
December 10th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!

What is Leah's #2 gift? I think we've got the kids covered here and don't expect any disappointment. We are definitely starting to get in the spirit here, I think it's going to be a good one

Good luck flying solo for the week, Jennifer!

December 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Her #2 is a Lego Friends cruise ship. I just found it in stock at Chapters tonight, so I ordered it. Should be here in a couple of days.

Michelle, are your house guests gone yet? Were they good with the kids? How's life class-free?

Kim, it looks like you had a fun snow day with the kids. It's been pretty crazy weather. DH just got to Texas this evening (both of his flights were delayed due to weather) and there was snow on the ground! He was hoping for shorts weather.

December 12th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Hi girls! been crazy busy around here! We have been getting snow a lot, well a lot more than the norm anyway! and it is bitter cold out, every morning I have to start my car 20 minutes early so I don't have to chisel ice off, boooo! I guess it makes for a festive backdrop to Christmas lol, it is supposed to snow again Saturday! we have already gotten more snow this season than all of last, crazy! Snow day was fun, messy but fun! I am officially done shopping but have yet to wrap even one gift, I am so behind, oh well it will get done!

Yay Jennifer, glad you found her present! Sydney wanted some silly Flutter Bye doll that was sold out everywhere! well except for Amazon where is was of course marked up in price, my MIL agreed to get it for her and spend the extra money on so I guess that will work! I feel like I did a decent job toning this down this year, neither of my kids wanted anything major, just little random things. I did end up getting them each a Kindle Fire because they were on major sale on Black Friday, they probably don't really "need" them but my DH will be happy to get his iPad back from being held hostage At any rate they should have a nice Christmas, I think they will both flip when they see the Kindles they aren't at all expecting them!
December 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh, Kim, dh and I always ending wrapping presents on the 24th, after the kids go to bed. I wouldn't say you are way behind! We plan on finishing the shopping on Sunday while my brother takes the kids out to a movie, but we have a lready purchased the main gifts, just need to get some books, pjs, stocking stuffers, etc.

I still have a bunch of baking/cooking to do but I'm not worried. My neighbour is coming over tomorrow morning to make a ton of pierogies with me and then I will chip away at the rest of it over the weekend and next week. I'm excited for it all

The weather is indeed very....festive. And by festive I mean ridiculously cold! Oh well, lots of hot chocolate and cozy sweaters!

Holly is learning to write her name, but usually just writes HOHOHOHOHO all over everything, it has made for some pretty cute and seasonally appropriate Christmas card signing

December 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

James just had the worst tantrum when we got to school. The teacher pulled him from me and I ran away. Horrible.

On a good note, we had our Christmas with my aunt and cousins last night. We only cried once and the kids had a great time. She got James a toy that shoots balls. He loves it, but he's not strong enough to actually shoot it, so it's all good.

How was your weekend, ladies?
December 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
poor James and you! Sam does that sometimes, stresses me out! Luckily it doesn't happen too often and usually DH does drop off lol

Glad you had a nice time with you aunt! Sam has a little Nerf Gun, he adores that thing, I just tell him he can only shoot the foam thingys at his plastic army guys, so far so good

Busy week this week, tomorrow I took off in the afternoon to help out at Sydney's school and Wed Sam is getting tube surgery AGAIN! ugh
oh well at least it will keep me away from work I guess
December 18th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Last day of school tomorrow!! I'm going to enjoy my last 2.5 hours of quiet tomorrow morning. But I am really looking forward to the holidays. It will be nice to stay in bed past 6:30 every morning and get to see family.

What are you ladies up to over the holidays? Are you going away? Hosting? What's on your wish list?
December 19th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I am working all thru the Holidays, well except for Christmas and New Years Day, kinda a bummer but oh well. My parents are coming here Monday and are staying until Friday, they will be watching the kiddos while I work. Christmas Eve we will just be hanging out and snacking and Christmas Day we are cooling dinner and the inlaws will be coming over. Kind of a low key holiday.

I still have much to do before the big day but slowly I am getting there!
December 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello! How's the last minute stuff going?

Our presents are wrapped, finishing up some food stuff, thinking of pouring myself a little drink? Too early? We're going to church tonight and then my brother's to make merry a bit. Tomorrow my fam is coming for brunch and then off to my mil's for dinner. Looking forward to the 26th, when I can sit in pjs all day

I wish a very, very Merry Christmas to you, Kim and Jennifer (and anyone else??). May it be a day of joy and tasty treats! xoxo

December 30th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! It was crazy here, busy, chaos, nutty! I am glad the rush is over! Almost the New Year already, hopefully 2014 is a good one for all of us!

I am working today and tomorrow, we have no plans for the New Year that I know of, I think we will just order some food, watch movies and lounge on the couch. Any plans for you guys?
January 3rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with you Kim, so glad the Christmas craziness is over, although it was a lot of fun with the girls! I was sick (bleh) so it kinda wasn't as much fun on my side!

I can't wait for school to start back up, Dallas is getting cabin fever and itching to be doing things again. Her sister just turned 2 and she keeps saying her birthday is coming now, lol, not quite!! I think I'm going to sign her up for swim lessons next week, trying to stay a little more active other than staying home all the time.

In other news, DH and I are counting down for trying for #3! Probably July this year, I'm actually excited for it, which is awesome since I've been so turned off to the idea up until now! Maybe it's because my 'baby' is growin' up! wah!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search