20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2014, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! It's been a crazy two weeks. Two days to go before we get back to our regular routine. Christmas was great and our time with the in-laws was great. They lost power leading up to Christmas because of an ice storm and didn't get it back until boxing day, so we didn't go down until a few days later. The kids have had playdates and have played great together the entire time. A Christmas miracle, in a small way.

I hope the new year has started off well for all of you!
January 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First day back to school = Snow day!
January 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls! crazy weather right? my kids went back on the 2nd, then had a snow day on the 3rd. Some schools closed today because it was so cold out, thank goodness ours schools didn't lol, I am like goodness it is cold out just layer up that being said it really is way cold and just yuck! I am ready for spring and it is only January lol

So anything exciting going on? not much here, just work and trying to get back into the swing of things. My birthday is next week already, gosh I am getting old!

What is Leah doing for her birthday Jennifer? it is in Feb right? isn't it around the same time as Sydney? her's is the 12th, I think we are doing a gymnastics party, it isn't too much cost wise and should be pretty easy, I think I am going to plan it so all I have to provide is some snacks and cake and not worry about too much fuss! I can't believe she is going to be 6 already! crazy! when I met you ladies she was only 2! wow!

Michelle where are you? hope all is well!!
January 8th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Crazy, crazy cold. I hate it. James hates it. DH hates it. Leah loves it.

Nothing exciting going on here. I'm happy to be back to our regular routine. Today is my birthday, which means kids are very busy planning out their own birthdays.

Leah's birthday is Feb 10th. Turning 7. Six was a pretty good age. I've heard 7-8 are great and then it goes downhill. Her party will be more old-style, but with a Monster High theme. I'm thinking of doing Halloween themed games. I have to keep it sort of neutral because she is inviting a couple of boys too.
I'll stress about it like crazy the week leading up to it.

Leah has been to a few gymnastics parties. They're fun and easy for the parents. It got Leah interested in gymnastics too. Her current activity is rhythmic gymnastics, which is pretty cool. I grew up in a small town, so something like that was never an option.
January 9th, 2014, 06:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys, happy new year!

How was your birthday, Jennifer? Kim, when is yours exactly?

We had a nice Christmas and new year and now I'm trying to enjoy getting back into a routine. And trying to enjoy the icy icy cold? Dh's work schedule is totally insane for the next few weeks, we'll barely see him and when we do I assume he'll be cranky. Yay, winter!

An old friend of mine took his life over the holidays. It's really sad and combined with the winter and all that, I'm having a hard time staying out of a funk. But I'm trying.

I wish there was a sunny vacation to look forward to...bah.

Hope all is well with everyone else. I promise to be back more often

January 13th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, I'm sorry about your friend. That's horrible. How are you feeling?

And dealing with your DH's busy schedule can be exhausting for you too. I hope you're getting some down time/me time.
January 14th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Tuesday!

I'm ok, Jennifer. Last week was a bit of a roller coaster and I'm sure the funeral Saturday will be an emotional poop storm, but right now i'm alright. Feeling a lot less bluesy than last week.

How are you all doing? Anyone make any new years resolutions?

January 14th, 2014, 10:33 PM
RayneElizabeth's Avatar Regular
Anyone wanna help me with bby names?

I need first names to go with Louise for a girl

and middle names to go with Silas!!!

OK GO! Lol

Also, My first two children have two middle names, dont be afraid to throw some of them out there. Lol

I have Johnathon Greenlaw William L.(Son)
and Chloe Crystal Lyn B. (StepDD)

it was total chance that they both had 4 names...

January 16th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday, Kim! Miss you!!

January 16th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Birthday Kim!!!

Michelle, I'm glad you're doing better. Saturday will definitely be hard. It's almost surreal when you have to say goodbye to someone who is your own age, especially in that way.

My only resolution this year is to catch up on all the photo books I've been meaning to do for the last 7 years. I'm not good at keeping health-related resolutions, so there's no point. I'll just let myself down.

Happy Thursday peeps!
January 17th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Friday!

What has the weekend got in store for you? My Dad is coming to town for the funeral and staying with us. That means I have to clean today. Probably for the best.

My resolution was to write more stuff down, in a journal, in my recipe book, thank you notes, etc. I'm doing alright with it so far. Good idea with the pictures, Jennifer. I have been terrible about being on top of pictures. Maybe a resolution for next year.

Have a great weekend, ladies!

January 19th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, how was Saturday? Did you see a lot of old friends at the funeral? Are you enjoying the clean house?

DH turns 40 tomorrow. We're not doing anything fun, but I ordered him an ice cream cake from DQ, so there's that. It's our last week before our vacation in Florida. Mother Nature decided to go out with a bang, frostbite warning all week. So we'll be especially happy to leave it all behind for a few days!

Hope everyone has a fun Monday!
January 20th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, I love a good ice cream cake. Goes well with a frostbite warning I can't believe you have the nerve to go to Florida next week. So jealous!!! We actually had been aiming at going to Florida next week but we never really got our act together in time. Now that would have been a fun meet up!

Where is Kim at???

Saturday hurt like hell, I was really taken aback by how hard it was. I'm so glad my Dad was there as my rock. Old friends got together after at a pub for a proper send off and that was really good and therapeutic. And now we move on.

Anything exciting going on this week, besides ice cream cake?

January 21st, 2014, 05:27 AM
Hi girls!! sorry just been busy and blah! sorry to hear about your friend Michelle, so sad

thanks for the birthday wishes, 39 is a bit uninspiring lol, just confirms that I am getting old, guess it beats the alternative!

it is supposed to snow AGAIN! argh, kids only have a 1/2 day today and probably won't have school tomorrow. I am ready for spring!

I promise I will be around more!
January 21st, 2014, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That would have been a great meet-up! We will probably go again in 2-3 years. Maybe we can all plan something. If it helps, the weather isn't supposed to be too hot and it might even rain! But, it will still be better than here, so woohoo!!

We were surprised with 40 pink flamingos in our front yard yesterday. It was awesome! DH wasn't as thrilled. When the kids went to bed, we watched the movie "This is 40". It was a good day.

Kim, I think I'd take the snow over the cold. Do the Sam and Syd like playing in the snow?
January 22nd, 2014, 12:54 PM
So jealous of your FL trip! someday we might get to FL, oddly enough I have never been there! lame lol

It is super cold here too, probably not as cold as Canada but cold enough, I think the temp is like 4 degrees today with windchills below zero, yuck! My kids do like the snow, I however do not lol. It is so cold they don't really enjoy being out in it for long.

Happy 40th to your hubby!!

Today we went food shopping, cleaned the house, rearranged Sydney's bedroom, cleaned out my dresser drawers....it's not even 4 yet! I am tired lol
January 23rd, 2014, 05:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Who was responsible for the flamingos?

Way to cold to "enjoy" the snow these days. They aren't even letting the kids out for recess. Dear god, let there be an early spring.

Holly and I are off to playgroup this morning. It is boring as all get out for me there and there are a few parents that make me want to jump out the window, but I can't keep Holly in all day or I'll throw her out the window! Like I said, prayers for an early spring! Hope you all have a great day!

January 23rd, 2014, 06:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's our Friday today. Kids have the day off school tomorrow. I'm so happy I won't have to rush out into the cold tomorrow morning to spend 15 minutes scraping ice off the van. The kids have been kept inside all week. I feel bad for the poor teachers who don't get those precious breaks.

Have fun at playgroup, Michelle. The last few times I went to one, most of the moms were on their phones, so there was no one for me to talk to besides James.

My aunt and cousins did the flamingos. They said it was a tradition, so I guess I have that to look forward to in a few years... yay.

Kim, sounds like you had an exciting day yesterday! Are the kids back at school today?
January 24th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Enjoy the day off with the kids, Jennifer!

Any weekend plans? A positive part of my friend's death is some old friendships have been renewed, so tonight I'm going to hang with some old pals. High school friends! There will be relentless teasing, I imagine Tomorrow O has a friend from school coming over after his Judo class and I might go to a clothes swap that a neighborhood mom is hosting. And a bday party on Sunday. If I remember correctly from last year, it's bday parties almost every weekend for the next while. Huzzah.

This afternoon I have my first shift as volunteer librarian at O's school. Fingers crossed that I don't bite any kids.

Have a nice weekend, ladies!

January 28th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jennifer, are you gone? Bon voyage! Hope it's a blast.

O has a weird, mid week ped day today. I'm taking the kids swimming. It's minus 30 out. It's all so ridiculous.

Have a great day!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search