20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2014, 05:38 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi girls, Michelle did you bite any kids? ...that made me giggle

it is so darn cold out! blahhhhh spring can come now, I am ready!

Jennifer I hope you have a great vacation!

We have a birthday party this weekend too, it is a laser tag party? that is a new one, we shall see lol. It's at a bowling alley so at least sam can come along and we can play in the arcade or bowl while Syd is lasering haha. Then next weekend is her party. I have yet to really plan a thing, other than booking the place. meh it will all come together!
January 29th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Booking the place is half the battle! I can't wait to hear how the laser tag turns out. Oscar has recently heard of laser tag and it has captured his imagination. We're wondering if he'd actually enjoy it. What is Sydney getting for her birthday?

I didn't bite any kids! O's teacher has them so firmly under her thumb that it is truly a pleasure to work with the class. Who knew?

O got himself grounded (first time!) which means we get out of next weekend's bday party. I feel kind of guilty, but he totally deserves it so it is best I stand my ground.

Happy hump day!

January 30th, 2014, 07:44 AM
uh oh what did O do? this 5-6 age range seems a challenge, attitude a flowin'!

Sydney's teacher is the same, she is wonderful with the kids but she runs a tight ship! I admire her, the kids are so well behaved in that class it amazes me! I feel like if I had her job I would be hiding in a broom closet with a flash of vodka and bottle of OJ for mixing!

Sydney really wasn't asking for much for her birthday, she only asked for a Furby, which honestly I find to be the dumbest thing but I got her one since that is all she wanted lol. I got her a couple other little things...a charm bracelet, some stuffie thing that she saw on TV and wanted. ummmm a wooden doll bed for her American Girl Doll. I think that is it. I try not to get to crazy on Birthdays. Rumor has it we might be in for a snow storm on her party day, still over a week away so the forecast could change, I hope!
January 31st, 2014, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like perfect presents I'm always interested in what older girls are into, a glimpse into Holly's future.

O stole a toy from a last weekend's birthday party! Ouf. Hopefully the punishment will have a lasting effect. So awful when the kids disappoint like that.

Any good super bowl eating plans?? God I love chicken wings and junky, creamy dips.

Have a good weekend!!

February 2nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are back. It was awesome to get away from our cold. We had a couple of perfect days at 28 Celsius, and then it got Florida cold (7 Celsius), which kind of sucked, but it was still fun. DH and I decided we would retire in Florida or else become snow birds. It's the perfect place. James got sick from the cold and rain and ended up throwing up at the airport and a few times on the plane (from coughing and crying so much). That was fun.

Leah's party is next weekend too. I have no idea what I'm doing, but the party is here and we didn't book anything. Just going to have pizza and games and hopefully they will all play. We are having boys this time too, so I'm not sure what the dynamic will be.

Where is Syd's party going to be?

Michelle, that's a terrible thing to do. It sounds like O deserved a grounding. Good for you, mama!
February 4th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Glad you had a nice vacation! minus the puking and cold.

Sydney's party is at the place she takes gymnastics, so far we at 17 kids coming, they can stop RSVPing now I ordered cupcakes, the place provides pizza, I just have to pick up the cupcakes and bring drinks and stuff. I made the goodies bags I think I am set. I hope so! and I hope it doesn't snow! speaking of it is again supposed to snow tonight I feel like I live in Canada! lol

Oh O!! no good, stand your ground mama! Kids do the craziest things!

I will say that laser tag was a hit, I was surprised but Syd really, really liked it! fun party!
February 11th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Guys!

Kim, how did the party go?

Welcome back, Jennifer. I like how casual you are about the barfing/crying. Sounds traumatizing!

I'm in full on February blah. All I want is to hide under a blanket. Holly keeps talking about the things we'll do when spring is here. I don't have the heart to tell her that SPRING WILL NEVER GET HERE!!!
~MamaTutu~ likes this.

February 12th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy birthday, Sydney! And congrats on 6 years of motherhood, Kim!
kimmiejo likes this.

February 15th, 2014, 04:25 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Birthday Sydney.
kimmiejo likes this.

February 18th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies, got logged out and forgot my password for a while. Darn JM!

I feel like that too Michelle. It feels like Winter will last forever! DH is in Texas right now, enjoying summer weather. Meanwhile, I spent 20 mins this morning scraping ice off the car and drove down what I hope were roads (couldn't tell, no plows yet) to bring kids to school. Supposedly, it will be nearly 10 degrees this weekend (Celsius, not sure in American), but I won't get my hopes up.

Leah's party turned out really well. 3 boys and 7 girls. They ate pizza and cake, played on their own, and we managed to fit in two rounds of freeze dance. It was great. Two of the boys are quite taken with Leah and they brought super sweet gifts. One brought her a purple rose (her favourite colour. My heart melted when I saw him walking up the driveway with it) and another boy bought her a necklace with his own money! DH wasn't quite as impressed by that.

She has been super sweet and lovable since she turned 7. I'm loving it!

Oh, and did I mention James is potty trained? He decided he was ready when we were in Florida. He had to wear diapers that week anyways, since we weren't prepared, but he didn't have any accidents. It's awesome!

The plane ride was pretty traumatizing and we quickly ran out of clothes for him to throw up on. But it was better than our first time flying with him two years ago, when he screamed like a madman the entire time.

Hope everyone is doing well!
February 19th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Om my goodness, Leah the heartbreaker! So glad the party went well. Sounds perfect. There are all kinds of nice things about them growing a little bit older.

Yes, warmer weather in store for the next few days. Hope it gives me some energy and motivation

Dh's birthday is tomorrow. I look forward to cake eating!

February 20th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Happy birthday to Mr Michelle!...sorry I have been MIA I also got logged out and couldn't remember my password yikes!

Sydney's birthday went really well, it was hectic and I felt all out of sorts because we had been without power most of the week but no one seemed to notice so all was right in the world!

Yay for James being potty trained yay!! and awwww Leah, so sweet!

I too am having a case of the Feb blues, so over this dreary weather!

Really nothing much to report, I miss you guys! I sometimes forget to get on JM these days, makes me sad

Any fun weekend plans?
February 20th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Kim!

Michelle, hope you're enjoying yummy cake and a fun night with DH!

My DH is supposed to come home tonight. But the weather is making that impossible. Huge delay from Texas to Chicago and flights to Ottawa will probably be cancelled thanks to freezing rain starting in a bit. No fun!

I've spent the week with a sick James. Fever and cough. Also no fun. He slept all morning today and then stretched out on the couch and watched two movies. He usually only lasts about 10 mins before he is bored and wants to play, so he is really under the weather.

On the plus side, my wonderful cousin came over to spend time with us this evening. The kids love him, so it made up for no daddy.
February 25th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello!

Did your dh make it home, safe and sound Jennifer? Everyone back to health?

Last week of February, we can make it, right? O is on spring break next week. We don't really have anything planned. I may come to regret that. When is spring break for you guys?

I'm feeling distracted and impatient with Holly today. That is not a recipe for being a good mom. Maybe I should go give her my attention? Maybe!

Have a great day, ladyfaces!

February 26th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Hi girlies!...I will be glad to see March come, closer to spring! although it snowed again this morning, what gives with all this snow! Our spring break isn't until April, the week before Easter but the kids have had so many snow days that they are cutting spring break short this year. Here's hoping for no more snow days!

This week is going very slow, wish it was Friday!

Michelle how is your SIL? I have been meaning to ask, I hope she is well!
February 27th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This week IS so slow! It's killing me. I have a drinks date with some friends tonight and 7pm can not get here soon enough.

My SIL is doing great, thanks for asking! She had her port taken out 2 weeks ago and she's cancer free. She's a little frustrated with that she isn't in as great shape as she'd like to be, but she's on her way. I think being suddenly thrown into full on menopause has also thrown her for a bit of a loop. Fair enough.

In 2 weeks dh is going on some volunteer thing for a week in the Dominican. At first I was jealous but when I realized he'd be staying in a shack in a village with no running water and doing manual labour all week, the jealousy faded. Malaria and diarrhea pills...not exactly my kind of vacay

I can't believe they steal your spring break days because of snow days! What a bs bummer. No snow days here. But lots of snow!

February 27th, 2014, 10:24 AM
glad to hear she is doing great! awesome news! and I am jealous of your drink date!

Dominican Republic? we went there before on vacay, not the same kinda thing as your DH, beautiful resort but oh so sad and depressing on the drive from the airport, such a poor country, made me feel guilty for being there on vacation to be honest :/

We are going to the Crayola Factory this weekend, that is our big outing lol, fun stuff!
March 4th, 2014, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy Pancake Day!! DH and I are going to see Bill Burr tonight. I can't wait. He is so funny!

Kim, what is the Crayola Factory? Did the kids have fun? I should probably check Facebook for pictures...

How was the room cleaning with Sydney?

Michelle, a friend of mine did the same kind of thing as your DH is going to do. I think it was in the Dominican too. He said it was a very fulfilling experience. I hope your DH enjoys it!

And great news about your SIL, except for the menopause part. I hope we are still around here when we all go through that, so we can complain together.

Nothing exciting has been going on over here. March Break is next week. No plans yet. Fingers crossed the kids get along as well as they did over Christmas break. Michelle, how is your break going?
March 4th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Pancakes! I think we might actually save the pacakes for tomorrow because dh fasts on ash Wednesday and in solidarity we don't eat meat. You guys having pancakes tonight? Enjoy your date together!

How was the factory? I remember a sesame street segment from when I was a kid where they show how crayons are made and I was mesmerized! Did you come home with a sac of crayola products?

Spring break is going well. It would be better if it warmed up. We spent the entire morning at Ikea. Sent the kids to the ball room for an hour and after that they had some craft activities organized for kids because of spring break AND they had free fro' yo' coupons for the kids. They were pretty much in heaven and I was pleased too.

Yes, the D.R., Kim. I worry that it will affect his ability to ever do a resort vacation in a poor country again. The guilt, and all. I think, in the end, it will be a pretty awesome experience. And if gives us a bit more of a conscience about vacationing on the backs of the poor...maybe their could be worse things.

Totally crazy to think menopause will be a reality in the not to distant future! How is that possible???

March 6th, 2014, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Alright ladies, I need some parenting advice.

Yesterday I took the kids to a Lego activity at Chapters (big bookstore). They had an activity where they could build a little dog and take it home. Fun! They also had some Lego out to play with. Today Oscar shows me 4 little pieces, claiming "I'm always discovering new little pieces I didn't know I had!" (he gets lots of lego donations from his older cousins). They were cool pieces and so obviously stolen from Chapters. After a leading line of questioning, he stuck to his story and keep lying to me. I let it sit for awhile and eventually got the truth out. Ugh. What do I do now? This isn't the first time he has stolen. He has stolen little lego pieces from friends' houses before. We are good friends with the manager from the store and O is close with her son (in fact, the lego the kids were playing at the store with belonged to her son), so I think he sees it more as our friend's place, not as a store. But still, stealing is stealing. And then the lying Bah. I'm so disappointed. Obviously, there will be all kinds of consequences, I just have to decide on what. How do I get it through his head? He's a good little guy, I don't know why this keeps happening.

Advice?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search