20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, tough one. I think I remember him doing something like that a while ago too...

Re the stealing, I would have him bring it back and apologize to the boy and your friend. And maybe take his lego away for a couple of days?

As for the lying, I don't know. He sounds like he really works on his stories (his little claim sounded well prepared!). When Leah lies to me (which isn't often), I can tell and just keep pushing until she tells me the truth. Then I lay on the guilt - if you lie, then I won't be able to trust anything you say, etc.

Stay strong. Let us know what you do. This is one of the tough parts of parenting.
March 7th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, Jennifer! We took away his Lego (his life!) last night. He thought we were taking it away forever and took it like a real man. Deep, deep sadness but no fighting it. Silent, fat tears And after awhile he suggested that we give it to kids who can't afford their own Lego. Come on! That and obviously the returning and apologizing, will be punishment enough. Oh, and a big talk (with the guilt!) about the lying. This morning we told him that he'll be getting the Lego back in a few days. He said he would probably still donate some of it. This kid knows how to lay it on pretty thick.

How is everyone doing? Any weekend plans? We spent the morning outside, playing and skating. Warm sunshine, sweet fancy mosses it's about time! No big plans for the weekend. Dh was supposed to be working but it got cancelled, so we'll see.

March 9th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you and O handled everything really well. Maybe he learned his lesson and there won't be a repeat. It would be amazing if he followed through on his offer to donate some to others. Lego is expensive!

I'm sad we are losing our board, but I guess it was just a matter of time. 3 people can't keep a board alive forever! Do you think others will join in our thread or leave it for us?

How was everyone's weekend?

Our weekend was pretty good. Friends of ours were having a game day Saturday. Board games for parents, playdate for kids. DH and I weren't prepared for the games. We thought it would be the usual games like pictionary or Scrabble or something. It was some other game with pirates and cities and roads, I don't remember the name. We were stuck in a game for 3 hours and the kids were bored out of their minds waiting for us. We finally said we had to go. Not sure we'll do that again.

Weather is showing some signs of a possible spring in our future. Maybe by the end of the week, I'll be feeling optimistic. It's our spring break now. Tomorrow, I'm taking the kids to some trampoline place. Never been, but have heard great things. Giant trampolines everywhere. James has never liked trampolines, so we'll see how it goes. Leah is pumped.

Have a good week ladies!
March 10th, 2014, 01:19 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My weekend wasn't bad I am just feeling a little poopy. DH is going back on the road. Being pregnant again I was really looking forward to having him home for this last one. But I know he has to go because we have to eat. It was just really nice to have him here for the last year! I am finally getting my house back to myself and while I am really looking forward to it. It's going to be really quite here without him!

March 10th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're losing our board? Nuts. But you're right, it was kind of bound to happen.
Dh and I play games like that with one of our friends in Ottawa We usually do it in the evening and let the kids fall asleep watching a movie on the couch. It's certainly not for everyone.
Feeling poopy and pregnant and alone with 4 kids does not sound awesome! Hope the older ones are easy on you.
We went to a friend's for dinner on Saturday and it suuuuuuucked! I don't know if it was just the particular mix of people or what but I couldn't believe what a bunch of self centered, spoiled, snobby group of friends I have!The all seemed so phony and plain old awful. Dh and I were totally confused and saddened by it. It was weird. So, you know, I drank to much too quick, we called it a night and then Sunday was a write off
Where's Kim at?
The trampolines sound like fun. I heard rumors there's a place like that here too. Should look into it. Hope your spring break will be fun, I'm psyched to send O back to school tomorrow (ped day today)!

March 12th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Apparently we're getting a big snowstorm today. So far, no signs of it, yay!!!! Kids spent the night at my aunts last night. I got to sleep in until 9am. It was amazing! Now I get a full day of work in before I go pick up the kids. Tomorrow, we're going to a hockey game and then hopefully we'll do something fun on the weekend with DH.Too bad about your bummy night, Michelle. Maybe someday we'll work out a way to meet. You can come play games at our house. I don't drink, but DH always has beer in the house. Isn't it weird that they have pd days at the same time as March break? My kids had their pd day on Friday. I didn't even realize it until I picked James up from his preschool on the Thursday and the teacher wished us a good holiday.Have a good day everyone!!
March 13th, 2014, 07:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did you get the snow yet, Jennifer? We sure did. Blah. Dh's trip tomorrow is starting to look real appealing, even with the risk of cholera and malaria!

How was your day off without kids? Sounds super amazing, I hope you enjoyed it.

Can't really fathom staying in all day with Holly today, but going anywhere also seems unlikely. Ugh. Having a hard time staying positive!!!

It's our board's last day today, no? Weird. We never made it to 20 013

March 13th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had the best day yesterday. Got a bunch of work done. It felt amazing. And the kids had a great time at my aunt's. They just got a puppy a couple of weeks ago and James has been pretty nervous around him, so this was a good chance for James to get comfortable.

The snow did come. It was crazy. It took us 1.5 hours to get home from my aunt's (normally a 15-20 min drive).

Today doesn't seem too bad, just cold and still windy. Did you and Holly get outside? Did your DH need to get a bunch of shots before he could go? Is he excited or nervous about going?

Leah lost tooth number 5 yesterday. James kicked her in the face by accident and it sped up the process. She has two more hanging on for dear life. It's so cute seeing her with the big gaps.

Has O lost any teeth yet? Or Syd?
March 13th, 2014, 02:14 PM
I can't believe it's really our last day! I guess we can't be to sad we are the last of the 2010 PRs to get moved! But it still sucks! I would love to get a day off form the kids! That had to be just down right amazing! And game night is supposed to be fun when you are able to play with adults! The last time we got to do that we played a game called dirty minds. The kids all played we and ran around everywhere. Honestly it was a really fun night! But that was a couple of years ago so with 4 kids and number 5 on the way we don't get out much!

I still can believe this is my last post on the June 2010 board!

March 14th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Poof! Gone!

March 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Weird...

It doesn't look like the 2010 board is all that busy either.
March 15th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so we still get to rule the school!

March 16th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy

Today was the best day ever!!!!! A real estate agent stopped by our horrible neighbours' house in the morning and they've been moving boxes out all afternoon/evening. I'm assuming they are staging the house to sell. DH and I have considered moving because of them, but really didn't want to. Now we won't have to.

DH and I have work to do, getting the outside of our house fixed up a bit to make their house look extra nice. Just to help them out a bit.

Best day ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cfm and flitabout like this.
March 17th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
That's hilarious, Jennifer! Good riddance to bad neighbours! Hope the new ones are cool

March 18th, 2014, 04:17 PM
I have done the same thing to get rid of awful neighbors faster!!!! They are the worst!

March 19th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone's week going so far? Did you do anything special for St-Patrick's Day?

I've spent the last two days in bed with a migraine. Fun times. It's nice feeling human again today.

Are you going to put your kids in any summer camps? It's registration time and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do. I've signed them both up for one camp each in July. James just for half days at a regular camp. Leah is in a full-day art camp. DH thinks I should put them in a couple more, but I don't know...

Neighbour's house is officially on the market! :spi n:

Happy Humpday!
March 20th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hello! I'm super excited for you Jennifer, can't wait for your crappy neighbours to go. Got any good crappy neighbour horror stories?

Oscar is probably going to do 1 week of summer camp and Holly may do a few half days the same week, but that's it. I like easy breezy, no commitments for summer. Besides, my friend/neighbour is getting a pool this summer, so I think her backyard will be our summer camp

Dh comes home tomorrow night. I spoke to him briefly and he has had an absolutely amazing time. Life changing. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about the life changing aspect of it. I hope he doesn't come back with too much guilt for our first world way of life. We'll see! It;s been a pretty easy time with him gone, but I'm looking forward to the grown up company and to hear about the trip.

March 21st, 2014, 04:42 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! umm what happened to June 2010? it is goneeeeeee. so sad! Maybe I should create a little June 10 FB group, I dropped the old one now I feel disconnected. Sorry I have been MIA just work is for real kicking my butt, I have a new project going on and that added with the normal craziness has been making super stressed!

woot for getting rid of bad neighbors!

I have to nail down summer camp for syd, we have a few options I just can't decide on the best one!

Sam starts t-ball tomorrow, here's to several Saturdays in a row of 4 hr games hahaha.
March 25th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kiiiiiim, I missed you!

4 hour games for 4 year olds? Yowza, you guys don't mess around! How is Sam liking it? We sign the kids up for soccer in a few days. It is entirely possible that the 2 of them in soccer will mean me being at games/practices 4 times a week. Here's hoping the weather if fabulous all summer long...

Found out yesterday that I got into the full time nursing program that I've been working to get into for awhile. So this fall I'll be a full time student. And once step closer to being a nurse, like my hero, Kim It will be big change for the fam, but I;m ready for it.

Dh had a a great trip to the Dominican and is home with a better outlook on life. He's even considering a change of career? Maybe going into teaching? We'll see. Don't know if we can both pull off being students at the same time!

Happy Tuesday, friends! Kim, do you want me to invite you back to the fb page? Not much going on there...people getting pregnant...

March 25th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, congratulations!! How long is the program? That's very exciting!

I love little kids playing baseball! Sam looks cute in the pictures you posted on Facebook. Does he get a uniform?

We signed Leah up for soccer, which starts in May (assuming the snow is gone by then...). I hope she likes it. James hated it last summer.

A couple of neighbour nightmares:
1. They put in speakers in their backyard (including sub woofers, which are buried along our shared fence). They blast their music all summer, even when they aren't home.
2. They have two big dogs, which is only an issue when the mom is home. She has no control over them. She will open the front door and they run out and run up and down the street and into people's yards. They've jumped up on my kids several times (so now James has a fear of dogs that we are working on). The dogs are fine when the dad or the two teenagers are with them though.

Now I'm all worked up. Time for some tea!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search