20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2014, 04:52 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are only 4hr games cause it is t ball and everyone has to hit and all that jazz, I am probably being dramatic maybe they will only be 3

Yay for nursing school! Congrats Michelle!

Jennifer, Sam will get a uniform I guess, or a shirt or something lol I am not sure only one practice so far, he was supposed to have one Monday but it got canceled cause it was cold, whatever!
and whew sounds like a blessing your neighbors moved! yippy!

no I don't need an invite back to the FB group no biggie I am just sad this group went away booooo
March 26th, 2014, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, built in speakers in the backyard? How is that even allowed? WIll they take the sound system with them???

Kim, you're not missing much in the fb group

Holly is having a friend over for a playdate. A boy from her preschool. Her only real friend. Hope it goes well, she seems to be in quite a mood today.

It is still so very much winter outside. June is just over two months away! The weather has a lot of work to do between now and then.

March 28th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Happy weekend ladies! any fun plans? nothing much here my parents are coming for a visit and we have a school bowling thing Sunday, good times!
April 1st, 2014, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies,

Our weekend was pretty low-key. James was in a mood all weekend, so it didn't inspire us to do much. Oh, and all the snow and cold was a bummer.

But I saw a robin this morning! And brown grass is starting to poke out of the mounds of snow. So I am feeling hopeful again that we will see an end to this miserable winter.

DH is at the movies tonight and the kids are now asleep, so my plan is to crawl into bed and finish up a book I haven't touched in a couple of months.

Hope the start of everyone's week is going well!
April 2nd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Halloooo!

We had a pretty quiet weekend too. A dinner with the in laws and a couple friends over for dinner on Sunday. It was nice.

Holly is off on a playdate this morning. We've made an arrangment with a boy she goes to preschool with, we trade off Wednesday mornings, so every other week I have a kid free morning, weee! And when the boy is here it's easier too, because they play nicely together. Win win. Think I'm going to go so some peaceful, solo groceries. Living large

How was bowling, Kim? What movie did you dh see, Jennifer? I was supposed to see a movie last night but my friend bailed. I was sad to lose my night out. Watcha reading?

April 2nd, 2014, 04:56 PM
woot for free Wed mornings!

Bowling went really well, the kids bowled with their friends while I chatted with the other parents, well mostly one parent cause I like her there was no whining, crying, fighting or sassiness. We should bowl more often it was just about the most peaceful two hrs I have had in a long time!

the weather seems to be taking a turn down here in the great state of PA, mid 60s today, I will take it!!
April 2nd, 2014, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so today is really the best day ever. I came home from Leah's gymnastics class tonight to see a big SOLD on the neighbour's front yard. DH and I are planning to take a picture in front of it, as a special keepsake, probably when they aren't home. It might be weird to see neighbours taking pictures in front of your own sold sign.

Sounds like a great time, Kim. My kids love bowling too. The first time we went, we paid for the four of us, but the kids always wanted to play our turns. We found it was cheaper to just pay for them and then we don't go in with any illusions of actually having a chance to play ourselves.

Michelle, that's a great set-up. I know some moms who have done it and love that time to themselves. And like you said, when it's your turn, the kids play together so it's easier on you too.

Has your DH made any big changes in your lives since he got back from DR or are things back to normal?

Leah was introduced to April Fools at school yesterday. Her teacher started by taping a picture of a fish on someone's back without them noticing (in french, it's called Poisson d'avril, which is fish of april). The kids thought it was hilarious and they all did it to each other throughout the day. Then she did it to us when she got home and James thought it was so funny. I love this age!

Anyways, here's to two more days before the weekend!
April 3rd, 2014, 06:36 AM
momma23girls's Avatar and one little boy!!
Glad I could find you ladies. realized I hadnt checked on you all in a bit and came looking. Happy Spring!

Margaret

my sig is a little out of date LOL
April 3rd, 2014, 11:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Woo, sold!! Who knew the sale of someone else's house could bring such joy

Poisson d'avril was discovered here this year too. O had a ped day on the 1st (well played, school board) and in a desperate attempt to keep the kids busy I cut out some fish for them to colour and then taught them sneaky ways to get them on their dad's back, etc. They thought it was comedy gold. So easy to please at this age...

No big changes, just more gratitude and appreciation for the truly important things in life. I can live with that.

think I might go take a nap on the sunny spot on the couch...

April 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

How was the weekend? We had a nice one. It's still kind of ongoing because O has a ped day on account of the provincial elections going on here today. Quebec politics are no joke and I have high hopes for a favourable outcome. It's beautiful out so I think we'll put on the old rubber boots and go see what shape the park is in.

Happy Monday!

April 8th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, pd day for elections! Lucky O! I hope you were happy with the outcome?

I went to a consignment sale Saturday with a friend and ran into a few other friends there. I felt really popular.
Sunday I was in bed most of the day with a migraine. So DH got some quality time with the kidlets before heading to Texas for the week.

Oh, and we drove him to the airport yesterday (about 45 min drive in rush hour) and just as we got back to our part of town, he called to say his flight was cancelled. So we spent the night driving around the city. He took a 6am flight this morning instead.

My week will be basically work and kids, as usual. How about you girls? Anything exciting?
April 11th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This week was unexciting. Which is fine. I'm pleased with how our election turned out, hopefully we can all get along for a few years

What's up for the weekend? Jennifer, does your dh get home today? Tomorrow we have several social obligations, culminating with dinner at friends' nearby. The are very big on keeping a drink in your hand at all times, so I imagine Sunday will be spent laying low.

It's gorgeous out today, everyone seems to be a in good mood. Warm and sunny + Friday =

April 11th, 2014, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It is beautiful out! Hopefully it keeps up.

We are going to a sugar shack one morning and having Easter dinner with my family one night this weekend. Not sure when. James has been home sick the last couple of days, so we will see how he is feeling. It seems to be a trend. When DH is away, James gets sick.

A whole whack of people have recently announced they're expecting a third kid. It seems to be the new trend... Or something in the water here...

Michelle, enjoy all the partying tomorrow!
April 22nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Halloooo?

Did everyone have a good Easter. O threw up twice, so I guess that qualifies as a success.

Holly's had a playdate today and it got cancelled. Now I don't know what to do with her...

April 23rd, 2014, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi!

Do you find JM super slow? The last two days, by the time I get the the last page of this thread, I've given up. I had more time today. James is home sick with a cold and napping. It's not too bad though, so I think he'll be back tomorrow. He had issues with the other end of his body this weekend, which I think also implies it was a successful weekend.

It was the first time in a few years we've had Easter with family and there were quite a few awkward moments where MIL would say things that could imply things about the Easter bunny. Right in front of Leah. At a delicate age. So I think we might steer clear for a couple of years again. The woman is not subtle. Leah isn't questioning things yet, but it's really just a matter of time, since all her friends have older siblings. I have my answer worked out for Santa, but I would hate for it all to be broken by the Easter bunny or the tooth fairy.

Michelle, how bout those habs! We're full-blown Canadiens fans now, until the end of the playoffs. But that was an impressive round. I mean, I didn't watch it, but my brother gave me a pretty good play-by-play.

Any fun plans this week? The weather is amazing! I'm so giddy it's spring! I don't even mind the rain.

And isn't it great news about Amanda and her DH! I'm so happy for them!

Hope you ladies are doing well!
April 24th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Hi girls, sorry been MIA again...JM is slow for me too and constantly logs me out which annoys me.

Been busy here with work and activities, I swear every night we have an activity...gymnastics, tball, school functions! And we have been working on painting our house which is finally done, thank goodness!

In other news Sam is loving Tball, Easter was fun and now we are on to planning Sam's birthday party, he will be 4 in less than 1 month! cannot believe it! We are doing a house party BBQ on Memorial Day weekend, so theme is going to be baseball, and all things baseball and American lol hot dogs, popcorn, flags. We usually have a Memorial Day BBQ anyway so it all works out. I even ordered baseball caps and I am going to iron on S's (S for Sam) how crafty am I

Anywho that is what is going on with me. Hope you ladies are well and enjoying the spring!
May 3rd, 2014, 03:11 PM
Thats a great idea - thank you for posting this
May 6th, 2014, 12:04 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Oh my gosh, no way? This thread is STILL going on? lol. Awesome! How have you all been? I haven't been on JM much this crazy crazy crazy school year.

May 21st, 2014, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi,
I guess we all haven't been on in a while. It's really just me, Michelle and Kim now. But it looks like it's been about a month.

How have you been feeling? Have you told the kids about the baby yet? Have you told your family?

Kim, if you read this, Happy Birthday to Sam!!

How was everyone's Mother's Day?
May 25th, 2014, 08:40 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I know I hate that our board got mereged, I mean not that I wouldn't welcome new people, it is just the merging means we stopped posting...oh the sads.

I told the world today I was pregnant.

My mother's day was pretty nice.

Actually my oldest doesn't know still, she was out when I told.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search