20013 by 2013.... because no one can stop :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree307Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I so wish it were that easy, no matter what I say she finds it funny. If she didn't have little razors for teeth I would just ignore it. Oh and Carly deserves it most of the time too.

Mega Super Mommy
there was no dinner to speak of at the bday party. my kids basically had chocolate covered pretzels for supper

Mega Super Mommy
So one of my so called friends tagged my fat *** from pics last night, after I asked them not to! Luckily it popped up on my phone and was able to untag myself. Hope nobody saw them. Really considered unfriending her.
December 4th, 2011, 05:50 PM
Who the heck would have a 5pm party and not serve dinner?!? Especially a kid party!

December 4th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not quite the same as biting, but James has taken to slapping. When he smacks me, I'll take his arm and gently stroke his hand on my cheek a few times and say doux, doux, doux (gentle, gentle, gentle). He's slowly getting it. Sometimes after he smacks me, he'll pat my face a couple of times after.
December 4th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I should really get a new siggy soon, mine is from 6 months ago.

December 4th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoCarly&Sofia View Post
Who the heck would have a 5pm party and not serve dinner?!? Especially a kid party!
Seriously. There were some veggies and humus but by no means a meal or anything kids will go near when there is candy around. Ah well, we'll probably survive and it was more or less a nice time, if not a little chaotic.

I wish I had some biting advice but really, I've got nothing right now. I'm all out of parenting!

Erin, your friend is a total B for doing that.

December 4th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't get having a party around a mealtime and not providing a meal, either. A few weeks ago I took DH to a birthday party at 12pm. They served cheetos and cake. Not exactly what I was expecting.

I always have DD's party at 2pm so I have to just provide snacks and cake. If I had it at 12pm, I would serve lunch.
December 4th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get that people around here eat late but we didn't get out of there until 8. I'm supposed to take my kids home and feed them supper after all that? Nutso. Next time I'll know better.

December 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
We do parties at 1pm and serve lunch. Although I decided next year we are doing it at a certain restaurant and we will just pay for everyones food, so worth having no clean up!

December 4th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Guys we are so close!

Holly won't settle in her crib (maybe because she had chocolate covered pretzels for supper, who knows?) so I let her have her sippy cup of milk in bed. I know that's a big no-no, but is it a big deal as a one time thing?

December 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM
No way, we have done it on occasion. I would have done the same thing!

December 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We skip hosting mealtime birthday parties too. Actually, we kind of skip hosting birthday parties all together, these days. I'm sure that will change next year when ds starts school.

December 4th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Our tree has only been up half a day, and broken ornament count is at 1 already.

December 4th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoCarly&Sofia View Post
No way, we have done it on occasion. I would have done the same thing!
Thanks, I feel better about it. She's seems to have quieted right down.

December 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We'll be hosting our first real birthday party in February for DD. I haven't made any plans, but I expect it will be a 2-4 party with LOTS of snacks and goodies for everyone. We've had birthday parties with family, but they are always around dinner time and involve a big meal. I can't imagine showing up at a party ready to eat a meal and having to make do with snacks. That's cruel, especially for kids.
December 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Birthday parties are expensive enough without serving a meal for everyone! Last year Hayden's party cost a small fortune. We rented out a farm, so all the kids got horse rides, a hayride, and a petting zoo. It was fantastic! She has decided that instead of a party next year (she'll be six in June), she wants to go to the Taylor Swift concert. TS always comes here in June, so hopefully she will come in June next year. Works for me! No planning, no stressing. And, sadly, I'll end up spening a lot LESS money!
December 4th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Agreed on the price of parties. Even without a meal, they put a bunch of money into this party and even with our small, family only parties, I still end up dropping a bunch of money.

My mom was telling me that she could get us a break on the cost of tuition at the fancy private school she teaches at and I one of the (many) reasons i'm not interested is that my kids' parties would be so incredibly lame compared to the rich kid birthday parties they'd end up attending!

December 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
999, who's going to take 1000?!

December 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Taylor Swift is coming here in August. There's going to be a Country Music festival right down the street from us and she's one of the headliners. I'm pretty excited.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search