Update on Kierson and I!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2011, 07:46 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Hey ladies! I've missed being around and have been trying to catch up on everyone! So much to read.

I have completed my CNA classroom course and starting Monday I will begin my clinicals! It starts at 6:30 am, which is so dang early! I have passed every single written test as well as all of the skills test. While the class was really fast paced, I think I caught on really quick and didn't allow myself to fall behind. Now I just need to make it through the week of clinical and pass my written final exam and then I'm able to graduate and then go on to state testing! Eeek! With all that being said.. Hopefully no later than the beginning of December I will be employed!

Now... On to Kierson! Daycare has been a HUGE blessing for him and myself. I really am amazed at how well he does there. He now no longer cries when I drop him off and is so excited when I pick him up. He seems to really be eating his breakfast/lunch/snacks.. and he is drinking from a sippy cup like a pro! I had been sending his cup with him every day and they also have some that they provide for each child. No issues with it at all. Kierson is actually just walking over to his mat at rest time and falls asleep right away. I'm sure it helps that he is up anywhere between 5 and 6 am so hes got to be really tired by then. The teachers said he loves to play with two of the little girls in the room. I think over-all its a great experience for Mommy and baby. I'm really pleased with the way things are going right now. Oh, and it makes for easier weekends and bedtime too! I get a little more "me" time to get things accomplished.

Ellie seems to be doing really well in her preschool room. She comes home with all kinds of new songs and stories to tell. Right now she tells me what she is thankful for, which is always her family. She is making lots of friends and seems to be very happy there. The hardest part is figuring out lunches for both kids and making sure it is peanut free or doesn't require being microwaved.. Good thing Ellie likes cereal!

Now I need to go wash diapers and get them prepared for this coming week. I'm SO glad they allow cloth diapers! Saves having to buy diapers to send with him.

Thanks for reading! Thought I would update since I haven't been around much lately.

November 12th, 2011, 07:55 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Awwwww it sounds like things are REALLY coming together for you!! I am SO happy for you!!! <3
November 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
That's awesome! I'm so glad he has adjusted well and is loving it! I'm glad you're enjoying more "me" time too...you've earned it and deserve it!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

November 12th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Great news! You are doing awesome! WTG for rocking all the tests and good luck in the couple of next weeks. You will do it! You can do it!
Kierson is such a big boy. Our day care provider mentioned that kids are super competitive, once they see one child to something they want to try it to. Ellie must be having a lot of fun! It is great to be around her age kids
I am so happy for you! There is nothing better than having things fall into place. Keep working hard and it is going to get even better!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
November 12th, 2011, 12:14 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm so glad to hear that everything is going so well That's great! Good luck with clinicals!

November 12th, 2011, 12:37 PM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
GREAT news! I was hoping daycare would help K move into solid foods a bit easier. Sometimes seeing the other kids motivates them more than any of us could. And the sippy, and the naps!! Just awesome news! I know Ellie would love preschool, she seemed soo smart and mature when I met her, beyond her years. And I am so happy you are loving school and advancing so quickly. It will all be worth it, and I am proud of all your big steps and hard work Mama!
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

November 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Gemum
Yay so glad everything is working for you AND Kierson! It sounds like nursery is really good for him! How sweet of Ellie... She is right though.. gotta be thankful for family!
November 12th, 2011, 08:17 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Yay!!!! Glad to see that everything's going so well for you and the kiddos!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search