I know its early but...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2011, 07:32 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Potties! I know they're unlikely to start this early (although some have) but DBF wanted to kind of start prepping him so I went ahead and bought a potty book (The Potty Book for Boys) and a potty (PottyPod) But I'm still researching and we're not really going to try and have him use it yet, just get used to seeing it in the bathroom next to the big potty.

Curious for BTDT's what potty did your other LO's use? Especially boys b/c it seems from what I read its tougher to find one for boys that isn't uncomfy for them.. Are there any other good books out there?

November 12th, 2011, 12:57 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I never got any books for my DD. We did get a little princess potty, but she only used it for about a month or so and then wanted to go potty in the toilet. So I ended up buying a little seat that goes on top of the toilet seat. I think I'll just stick with this when it comes time for Chase, but I'm not completely set on it.

November 12th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
We have a potty and a thing that goes on top. We have 4 bathrooms, and she will have access to three of them regularly. So we decided to try a few different things!

With the other kids I put a potty out about this age, put it by the toilet, talked it up. I let them sit on it, play by it, etc. At age 2 they both just started using it.

Of course that will not happen THIS time, surely I'll have to send her to college and she'll have to stay in the Diaper Hall...but I'm going to go about it the same way and pray for the best.

After all that...they always just used the normal toilet.
November 12th, 2011, 03:33 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for DS we used a Step 2 potty. although it worked for "kind of" training. when we got really serious about it ...it really was just the big potty and a step stool to get there.
November 12th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For my oldest 2 they had their own potty chair and the seat that goes on top. They actually potty trained about the same time. DD took forever and DS took to it easily. I'm sure a big part of that was he was watching his big sis and doing what she did. With E I just have the seat that goes on top. I just got that cause it was free with my huggies rewards. I have been debating on getting him his own potty as well. I"m still not sure.

I don't think its ever too young to get them familiar with the potty and going to the bathroom. Since Easton was an infant I would say stinky butt and wavy my hand in front of my face whenever I changed his poopy or knew he was going in his diaper. When he fallows me into the bathroom....which is always....I just tell him what I'm doing. Also like when I have a good idea that he is going in his diaper....I just start going....Push...Push...baby push. That way he know what pushing is. They say one reason kids have trouble with #2 is that they are not sure what to do.

It was so cute earlier. When Easton got down he looked in the toilet and started dancing and spinning in a circles. Ya we have made a big thing out of it. If nothing happens then theres no 'party'. lol

Ok rambling over. Can you tell I have potty on the brain.

November 12th, 2011, 06:04 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm just really hoping day care will PT him for me

Kidding!!

I guess I should start looking into a seat for the big toilet, as we don't really have room for a separate little potty chair.

November 13th, 2011, 12:19 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
I'm just really hoping day care will PT him for me

Kidding!!

I guess I should start looking into a seat for the big toilet, as we don't really have room for a separate little potty chair.
Amy, if his daycare is like mine they probably will do a lot in the toilet training.... if they go to daycare full time the majority of their day is there..... in our toddler room the little ones sit on the small toilet when they have their diaper changed, so it gives them lots of opportunity to learn about PT. Also the other older kids are great teachers. It becomes a tag team kind of situation, as long as daycare and parents are doing the same thing (ie if wearing underwear it should be consisitant) it normally works out really well!

As a daycare teachers I hope you girls don't mind me saying that most kids they will get it when they are ready. To start them too early and put so much pressure on them to learn doesn't really get you anywhere faster, and for many actually have more struggles along the way. And to remember that as a parent you may feel like all the other milestones (like crawling, walking etc).. that other kids are doing it is my kid behind cus he/she isn't? When your kid walks/talks/weans from bottle or breast/ toilet trains... in the long run doesn't really mean anything

WOW that was a real ramble, hope it made sense and I wasn't over stepping

For Logan I had the bjorn potty which was nice and a toilet seat for the big toilet but he perfered (would only pee/poo) if he was just on the regular old toilet. which I was ok with cus I din't have to clean anything

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search