Those interested in toy kitchens

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 16th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to give you a heads up about a small, lightweight kitchen set at a place you may not think about when it comes to toys-WALGREENS.

They have this same set for $19.99 (not sure why TRU says it is their exclusive, I am 99.9% sure it was exactly the same except the Walgreens one may have had some green on it too)

Just Like Home My Very Own Kitchen Set - Toys R Us - Toys "R" Us

That one is very similar to one we have and it's held up well.

They also have this shopping cart minus the cardboard food boxes for $9.99 (and if your kiddos are anything like mine, the cardboard food boxes that came with our plastic food set lasted about a week before they were ripped, chewed, etc)

Just Like Home 15-Piece Deluxe Shopping Cart with Food - American Plastic Toy - Toys "R" Us

I got the cart for Teresa and hubby and I decided we are going to bring up the kitchen set and put it in the real kitchen. Our house has been overrun with toys!
November 16th, 2011, 08:33 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh awesome, Kris! Thanks for sharing I also saw in the Meijer Black Friday ad that they had that exact same (but maybe in green instead of blue?) toy kitchen for $15, but it didn't have a sale sticker near it, so I'm thinking that is the regular price.

November 16th, 2011, 08:43 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've seen those too at our walgreens (they just put all the toys up about 2 weeks ago) Great deal!
November 16th, 2011, 09:11 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
That's a great deal! We have Hayden's old one in our kitchen too! Cohen loves it!
November 16th, 2011, 11:10 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
those are some great deals, im trying decide if we have space. TFS!

November 16th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
Oh awesome, Kris! Thanks for sharing I also saw in the Meijer Black Friday ad that they had that exact same (but maybe in green instead of blue?) toy kitchen for $15, but it didn't have a sale sticker near it, so I'm thinking that is the regular price.
Meijer is actually where I got our set, 3 years ago. I think I got it ON Thanksgiving day and I know I paid $19.99 (reg price 39.99-WAY OVERPRCED!), but ours has more cabinet type things on the top left and right instead of just the hooks. At the time Nathan was loving playing with the kitchen set at the house where I used to watch kids, so I figured $20 was worth it!
November 16th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Oooh, good to know! Then I bet it's the one that you already have!

November 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
We have our play kitchen in our real kitchen too! It is so handy. Avery loves making dinner in hers while I cook in mine and Hudson loves the kitchen too!

November 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Had to change my plan-Teresa kept going for the stairs which are on the kitchen side of the gate. So now I found room in the living room for the kitchen set, the high chair my great grandpa made for me and the doll cradle. he kids played with the stuff all afternoon!
November 16th, 2011, 06:07 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Thanks for the link and the idea! Amy (Max's mom) had posted a different one on FB, so I'm getting lots of different possibilities. Choices, choices, choices!!!!!
November 17th, 2011, 04:06 AM
~Constance~
$15-20 is really cheap for something like this. :O Is it from China though? I don't trust stuff from there one iota. When it comes to toddler stuff, I try to buy toys made in the US like Step 2 and Little Tikes. With everything kids put in their mouths and chew up, it just really concerns me how the items were manufactured. Plus, buying new supports American factory workers like my husband.
There are usually a ton of play kitchens in thrift shops and yard sales. I got our Step 2 one for $10 at Goodwill. I just stopped in after my usual shopping trip and on the third time in I found a perfect one.
November 17th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Made by American Plastics-good ole USA!
November 17th, 2011, 05:39 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Logan has a kitchen in his room that Gavin totally loves.... I tried to get Logan to let me put it in Gavin's room... that was a no go!
My friend has the one you posted Kris!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
November 17th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Kenya's Avatar Expecting #2
If you check your local Family Dollar, they have them. I was in there getting some small things and saw it and at the same they were buy one toy, get one 50% off, so I snagged a pink one and got Olivia a princess table and chair set. I paid $20 for the table/chair set and $10 for the kitchen.
@ 2:55pm

6lbs - 10.7oz, 20 1/4 in long

Team Blue for Baby 2! Due in April

November 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Made by American Plastics-good ole USA!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search