Thursday Thoughts: Visiting Santa

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 06:08 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kelli's picture made me wonder ....

What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)?
Do you think it will go well or not so much?
If you have older kids do you let them visit Santa? Do they like it?
Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)?
November 17th, 2011, 06:44 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)? We'll be taking Caleb and hopefully he loves it. As a kid I always looked forward to seeing Santa!
Do you think it will go well or not so much? I think it will go well as long as we stick close by him
If you have older kids do you let them visit Santa? Do they like it?
Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? When Caleb is old enough to understand there will be Santa gifts.

November 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)? We are going to visit Santa because my DD wants to tell him her wish list.
Do you think it will go well or not so much? I'm sure Chase will freak out, but I'm getting a picture anyway.
If you have older kids do you let them visit Santa? Do they like it? Yes. My DD was so excited to go last year, but wouldn't sit on his lap. She sat on the stool next to him.
Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? Yes, Santa brings gifts and fills the stockings. This year Santa is bringing them a joint gift (train table).

November 17th, 2011, 09:23 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)? I think it's fun and the pictures are cute As Max gets older, if he doesn't WANT to go, I won't make him, but I'll always make sure he has the option. Growing up, sometimes we'd see Santa at my dad's work Christmas party or somewhere like that. It wasn't always at the mall, and I think that's okay, too!
Do you think it will go well or not so much? This year, I think it will be good. Actually, I think Max will cry when Santa gives him back to me
Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? Santa brings a gift or two. I'll have to figure out how I want to handle this as he gets older. This year, he's getting two presents so it's not really an issue

November 17th, 2011, 09:40 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Yep, she'll be seeing him on the 3rd....DH's company throws a big Christmas party for all the 8,000+ employees and their families. Santa and Mrs. Claus both will be there. They hire someone to take photos (free for us)...Santa gives them each a TRU gift card and then there are drinks, and food....donuts, cookies etc if you go in the morning and lunch foods if you go later. I'm hoping E will be okay since big brother Tanner will be by her but I'm thinking she will probably cry. Santa and other dressed figures never bothered my boys growing up but E is more sensitive to that kind of thing so she'll probably be crying in her picture lol

And yep, there will be gifts from mom and dad and a few bigger ones from Santa :

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

November 17th, 2011, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)?We'll go to the Breakfast with Santa at hubby' work.

Do you think it will go well or not so much? I'm not sure.

Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? Santa brings 2 gifts and then fills their stocking with little things. They get an ornament and 2 gifts from us. This year we are also going to start doing a family gift-a wii game. As of this morning, Santa and mommy are DONE, except for the ornaments.
November 17th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Drake would have a panic attack i am sure! so we wont be doing that this year
November 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)? We are hoping to go to the bass pro shop to get pics with santa there.. apparently there is a whole santa fun thing there... it is 1.5 hours away though so I am not that we will make it

Do you think it will go well or not so much? I'm thinking not so good!

Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? Santa does stockings and then give one real present and I bought 2 from us for Logan and one for Gavin... trying to keep it small this year, not sure if it will work or not, i just dont have room for all the new toys! lol

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
November 17th, 2011, 07:09 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't think it's going to work out this year lol. Actually, we were at the mall this morning and as we passed santa him and his elves invited us in to chat, lol. They said they were trying to let kids visit with Santa and get to know him so they were comfortable at photo time. They were so friendly! But Celia was NOT having it.

November 18th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)? We love taking Gabriel to see Santa. We look forward to it each year.
Do you think it will go well or not so much? I'm a little worried this year. He's so into being extremely independent right now and doesn't really want to do what we want him to do most of the time...so I'm concerned he won't sit still long enough to even get one good picture, which is pretty typical. DH really wants it to be our special thing we do with him, but I'm honestly considering bringing my parents bc I know they can get a good smile better than I can from him in these situations.
If you have older kids do you let them visit Santa? Do they like it? No older kids here, but even when we have another, we'll still bring Gabriel to get a picture.
Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? Santa brings gifts. In fact this year and last all the gifts he got were "from Santa". I think the older he gets we may set aside one special gift for the kids to open "from us" and the rest of their spread can be from Santa.

November 19th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
What do you think about visiting Santa (LO's)? I'm not sure either will like seeing him this year. It didn't go so smooth last year. I think I will still take them for the picture(s).

Do you think it will go well or not so much? I'm hoping it goes smooth, but I'm preparing for the worst!

If you have older kids do you let them visit Santa? Do they like it? Ellie never did it as a younger baby, because I couldn't really afford to take her. Last year she did go, and cried so then I had to be in the picture with her. Kierson was still little and wasn't very cooperative with the picture.

Do you have Santa Bring Gifts ... or just mommy and daddy (if you do gifts for the holidays)? Santa brings some smaller gifts and then brings one BIG (not necessarily big but maybe the most expected gift or most wanted) and then he adds some things to the stocking. Then Mommy, Grandma, aunts and uncles bring other gifts as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search