It's Thursday :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2011, 09:31 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This means that just one week until Thanksgiving!!

If you are hosting, are you ready?

If youu're not hosting, are you bringing anything?

Other than the food, what is your favorite part of Thanksgiving?

Who will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with me? Has anyone ever been to the Parade in person? (My uncle and his wife live in Manhattan are will be standing front and center in front of Macy's, I'm working really, really hard on not being too jealous!)

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 17th, 2011, 09:38 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you are hosting, are you ready? n/a

If youu're not hosting, are you bringing anything? yes my MIL told me to bring homemade baked mac and cheese, green bean cassarole (which I think is yuck but whatever LOL) and a dessert but not pie something else....Sydney wants to make pumpkin brownies??? is there such a thing? I will have to google and see

Other than the food, what is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? being with family

Who will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with me? Has anyone ever been to the Parade in person? we will watch, Sydney loves it! never been there, have friends that have. Maybe someday we will go, NYC isn't very far from us so it would be doable but the crowds don't look appealing to me.
November 17th, 2011, 09:42 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're not hosting, we are making the 15-16 hour drive to south carolina. All we're bringing is ourselves lol The time with family is great. I have no idea if we will watch the parade, depends on DHs family, but I'll never go in person. That huge crowd is enough to keep me away.

November 17th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
f you are hosting, are you ready? Not hosting

If you're not hosting, are you bringing anything? I'm bringing their grandkids, does that count?!

Other than the food, what is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? relaxing, spending time with family, and football!

Who will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with me? Has anyone ever been to the Parade in person? We'll have it on the tv, not sure if anyone actually watches it. I love NYC, but no way can I handle those crowds!
November 17th, 2011, 09:54 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
apparently there are pumpkin brownies, who knew?

Pumpkin Swirl Brownies Recipe from Betty Crocker

Sydney will be happy LOL
November 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to to just post that one. I know I have seen other recipes out there as well.

We are hosting - at my grandma's house 600 miles away. So I'm working on making the list of all the things that we will need to pack to take with us. Because we can't leave until Wednesday, shopping when we get there isn't going to be an option.

I think other than the food, spending time with family is my favorite part. It's nice to get everyone together, and unlike Christmas there is no pressure to find that "perfect" gift. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday this time of year. I even love it more than Christmas.

Watching the parade is mandatory. It's what we do. Some day I would love to get to New York to see it (well and to visit my uncle as well).

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you are hosting, are you ready? haha, no. This is my first time hosting, even though there are just the 4 of us (DH, Dh's mom, Elliot and me) I am a little worried. I am going to pick up everything this weekend.

Other than the food, what is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? Relaxing and family.

Who will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with me? I will! Well, it will be on in the background.

November 17th, 2011, 12:05 PM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
If you are hosting, are you ready? Not hosting

If youu're not hosting, are you bringing anything? Nope lol. My Aunt can cook 2324X better than anyone on this side of the family so we leave it up to her. She is from Puerto Rico so I think that means she adds something special?

Other than the food, what is your favorite part of Thanksgiving? Day drinking

Who will be watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with me? Has anyone ever been to the Parade in person? Depends on what time the kid wakes up. If he sleeps in, so am I.

And Kim, I was going to say...I've made pumpkin brownies before. The I saw your 2nd post. lol I think those may have been the ones I made!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search