Monday QOTD

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 06:23 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so what day are you going to start Thanksgiving meal cooking?
Cleaning?

What time do you normally start your turkey day meal at?
November 21st, 2011, 06:33 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Cleaning is an ongoing process, but we're going to do a big chunk of it today and tomorrow, kind of like a "fall clean". It'll feel good to get it all done! but I know it won't last long...

Cooking... everything is done on Thanksgiving day! We don't go all out for just us and the IL's. We'll have the basics (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, yam, cranberry dishes --2 different ones-- and 2 pies) so it won't take too much.

We'll eat at about 1, I think and have leftovers for supper

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 21st, 2011, 07:12 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I' ve been trying to clean as much as the kids have allowed. Its still in the process.

I think we are going to try and prepare as much as we can the day before Thanksgiving so we're not completely exhausted on Turkey day and have super hungry kiddos anxiously waiting for all of the food! We start the turkey around 4-5 am and let it cook while we prepare all the other foods. We like to make sure its nice and thoroughly cooked through, so then hopefully we can eat around 1-2pm.

November 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
so what day are you going to start Thanksgiving meal cooking? Usually we start some cooking (pies, cranberries) on Wednesday evening. This year, I have a date with my SIL, so we're off the hook until Thursday!
Cleaning? The one benefit of being out of town family...no cleaning Although, I'll probably help with a lot of the clean up after the meal.
What time do you normally start your turkey day meal at? 2 or 3ish, whenever the turkey is done. It's just my immediate family, so it's very low key.

November 21st, 2011, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I just have to show up to eat. We'll eat at 1230, probably rest/play some Scrabble and then have some dessert.
November 21st, 2011, 11:24 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so what day are you going to start Thanksgiving meal cooking? a little tomorrow, more on wed but most on thrusday
Cleaning? alreading doing it but trying to keep ahead of the kids mess at the same time

What time do you normally start your turkey day meal at? last year i think it was around 2 or 3 ... not sure about this year because my brother flys in at 5 ...
November 21st, 2011, 12:18 PM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
We're going to my in-laws so thankfully I don't have to clean I'll make my salted Carmel cheesecake and cake batter rice krispie treats on Wednesday though! YUM!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

November 21st, 2011, 03:33 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
so what day are you going to start Thanksgiving meal cooking? I don't get to cook this year DBF is doing our contributions to the meal. Maybe I'll get to make some desserts at Christmas lol.

Cleaning? Going to my aunt's house

What time do you normally start your turkey day meal at?2ish

November 21st, 2011, 03:56 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
No need to do major cooking or cleaning as we go to other family members' homes for dinner. I'll make my cranberry sauce and loaded stuffing Wednesday night.

MIL's dinner starts at 12:30. Then we eat at my mom's around 5.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search