OT question for the runners :)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2011, 10:55 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
I plan to make my BFF a Swarovski milestone bracelet...I've seen them with the distance spelled out in beads "5K" "10K" "13.1" etc...buying one already made is expensive, especially when I can make my own So, question for you runners....say you've completed a half marathon, would you just want that on your bracelet or would you want it to say 5K 10k as well? I mean obviously you have run those distances if you've run a 13.1 so do they need to be on there or would 13.1 say it all? Guess maybe this is a silly question but I want to be sure I make it right....any opinions? I also plan to put a sterling silver runner girl on the bracelet as well TIA

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

November 21st, 2011, 11:09 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would -- i mean the 5K's and 10K's arent like doing a half marathon or a full one .. but it's nice to see it - b/c it is an accomplishment
November 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
I agree with Alethia. I would include them all!
November 21st, 2011, 11:29 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I think it's fine either way I know when I used to race, my farthest accomplishment was always the most important to me (but that's just me ). I guess I would go by price! If it's not too much more to include them all, then that would be niec, but if it's a lot more expensive, then just putting 13.1 really does incorporate them all. Also, it might depend on what she usually runs now? Does she mostly just do half marathons? Or does she do more 5Ks and 10Ks and just a half marathon every now and then?

November 21st, 2011, 11:34 AM
She runs them all pretty equally...really whatever race is going on she'll run it. This past weekend it was a 10K, a 5K before that....she's run the 1/2 marathon once or twice so far. I like the idea of putting them all on there, just want to make sure there will be room for a few crystals too. Thanks for your input ladies

November 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
I actually like it with just 13.1 but that is just my preference. I also like things very simple and for me the farthest distance is the biggest accomplishment. It is more a personal preference though. I am sure she will love whatever you do!

November 21st, 2011, 11:58 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
My dad and brother are runners and they have 13.1 and 26.2 stickers on their cars. Those distances/stickers in my mind really set apart a RUNNER from just someone who runs.... if that makes sense.
What a special idea for a present! Very cool!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
November 21st, 2011, 12:16 PM
I went ahead and purchased beads to include all the distances, if it looks too crowded or I prefer just the 13.1 I won't put the others on...they weren't very expensive...can't wait to get the materials here now I'll post a picture when I'm done with it!

November 21st, 2011, 12:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Late to the party, but I agree that the farthest distance would mean the most. I can't wait to see a picture of it!
November 21st, 2011, 01:23 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Can't wait to see!
November 21st, 2011, 01:32 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so cool. I just did a half marathon this last weekend and I wish i had thought of something like that to give as gifts to the girls i ran with. They got me a present but I just could not think of anything! I will remember that if we ever do a full marathon LOL.
November 21st, 2011, 01:35 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Wanted to add that I love the idea! I think that's a really great gift. Can't wait to see pics!

November 21st, 2011, 05:14 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Ooh I want to see the finished bracelet! I agree, I would love wearing the farthest distance. I love my 13.1 magnets on my car (especially my "13.1 because I'm only half crazy" )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search