How did you know?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 01:40 PM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
If you are "finished" having kids, how did you know you were done? Hubs has an appointment for the BIG V next month, but I have started getting cold feet. (I really wanted to say cold ovaries or something clever like that, but then realized I am not that clever.)
Anyway, I know the reasons we are done. I can recite them to you. I can say them in my sleep. I agree with all of them. But the closer we get to the appt date, the more I think...Do I really want to make this permanent?
So, if you are done, how did you know for sure with 100% certainty you were done?

November 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know how to describe it other than I just feel done. I have no desire for any more children. I was actually feeling that way after Rayne but I worried about regretting it later which is why I am now pregnant again. But for sure, these are our last. The only reason I worried about regretting it is that we always talked about having 6 kids. If I have a c-section, I will be having my tubes tied at that time as well. If they are born vaginally, dh will be getting the big V.

November 22nd, 2011, 02:02 PM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
I can't answer this because I only know 100% that I am NOT done! I'm kind of worried that I will never feel done.. I'm hoping to feel complete after the next one or two, but I'm worried that I won't and that it won't be healthy for me to continue to have more children even though I feel like I want more.
November 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
MOST of the time, I feel done and I know he feels even more done than I do. BUT, I could never do something permanent.

That probably doesn't help any, sorry.
November 22nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
I like how the size of our family feels. It feels like everyone is getting the attention they need. I can't imagine having to split my time and attention any more

November 22nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Actually, I don't know. I *have* to be done medically. I almost died during Hayden's birth, then Cohen being a preemie, my body just doesn't do pregnancy...BUT...each month I pray that AF doesn't come DH has a V so it's nearly impossible but I am sad to think of never having another baby, especially when I want a little girl SO bad!
November 22nd, 2011, 04:49 PM
Happy Song's Avatar Nicole
I am with Brooke wondering if I'll ever feel done.

But when everything is said and done are you going to regret having had another baby or regret not having had that baby?

Me personally I am glad that back in the day it took my parents a long time to get in for my mom's tubal and they had that surprise fourth child that they were not planning... ie ME!
November 22nd, 2011, 05:40 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
honestly we are done... but I am currently (for the last 2 weeks) i have been obessing about having another, even at work today they were joking about me being prego again (long funny story) but inside all i felt was I wish I was.... but i know I am done..... mentally atleast, def not emotionally

we are leaving the door open at this point... nothing perm.

When I finished Gavins blanket (the letters) i had enough left for another blanket.... I asked Rob if i should keep it incase i have to make another blanket for our 3rd baby.... he said, I would keep it..... not helping me know I am done

all that being said doesn't really help you at all.... other than you are totally not alone

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
November 22nd, 2011, 06:53 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Honestly, I wondered if I'd ever have that feeling of being done. Now I do. I am at peace about it and will have no regrets. 7 is already more than I bargained for so yes, totally done. I'm very much looking forward to not having any more babies and then toddlers and being totally done with diapers. I think I will have a party when we're done with diapers. I've been changing diapers for 10 years now. I had a small break after Krysta was potty trained before Asher was born but pretty much 10 years and I still have at least a few more years to go. You all are invited to my "We're done with diapers!" party.

November 22nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no help either. I don't think I will ever put myself into a permanent "done" situation until I'm in my late 30's. I myself just don't want to have any regrets and I think I would regret a permanent done more than an oops baby. Again ... I'm probably not helping you. I am still thinking of maybe a third and maybe after that baby I will have that done feeling.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

November 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For us I don't know if I'll ever feel certain!

November 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sorry no help either, We are not doing anything permenant. I am slowly getting to the mind of being done( a couple months ago I was so not done!!)But I am getting to see the benifits of no more babys!

November 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No advice, Amanda, just want to offer lots of hugs I'm sure it's such a difficult and personal decision!

November 22nd, 2011, 09:11 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Dh had the big v as well earlier this year. I knew I was done because for me personally I feel 3 kids "for me" is pushing my limits a bit. I want to be sure I am able to give them enough one on one attention as well as thinking about the future.. Example 3 kids is going to be very expensive to put through college and I want to be able to travel when there older so I am done.
November 22nd, 2011, 11:42 PM
Castaway
It's a difficult decision but I believe if you are having second thoughts then maybe you should take a step back, talk to your hubby and come to the conclusion as to whether you are both really DONE. I would hate for you to make such a permanent decision and then regret it later because it's nearly impossible to reverse such a decision after it's been done. Have you looked into IUD's? I hear they are good for 5 years or so. Maybe do something like that for now? Hugs!

November 23rd, 2011, 08:04 AM
Super Mommy
Good question...i dont have an answer for us. But i completely agree with waiting a bit before doing anything too permanent if you arent feeling entirely sure.

November 23rd, 2011, 08:39 AM
Gemum
No answer because im in the grips of baby fever with no way out of it..

Just offer hugs and hope that you come to a decision. I agree on an IUD though. Permanent is so... permanent?!
November 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Even though y'all say you are no help, you really ARE!
Just hearing that some of you don't know either is comforting. I want you to know I have read each response several times. I am going to come back later when there are two very energetic muchkins fighting for my attention and reply.

LOVE YOU LADIES!

November 23rd, 2011, 09:19 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
After Kellen, I KNEW I wasn't done. I always wanted 3 or 4. Now, I'm really at peace with being complete, especially if this is a boy. DH said if it's a girl, we can give it a go for #4, and I just rolled my eyes... then I knew. I'm happy with 3! I mean with 4, we'd probably have to look for an even BIGGER house, a suburban vs. Traverse, postpone retirement even further, blah blah blah. Not to say it won't happen... I'm not against it, but I can tell you if this is a boy, both of us are happy to say we won't be trying for any more. I hate worrying about age-related pregnancy/baby health issues, too...

but...

neither of us is going to do anything permanent, either (but age is almost our permanent act anyway). But if this is a boy, I may go back on bcp for a couple years until age kicks in.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a ton of help either. .. i still get that torn feeling even without uterus

DH always talked about 3 and i always said only 2. Even though i can't have any more babies and i truly at first felt done and complete after Kaylee Mable - i still think about another ... and so does DH. We talk about being happy being done and can also tell you all the reasons for no more kiddo's but their i think is just that torn feeling that comes and goes. Obviously we can't have any more of our own - and even if we could it won't be smart to try again medically ... i think it's just that biological drive, it's hard to see your kids grow up and know that it's the last stages you'll see - but hey - that's what Grand kids are for and there is always something like fostering or adoption ... and for your DH the V can be reversed

it is a hard choice.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search