Separation anxiety

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Never really had to deal with this with the boys, but oh my goodness, this is so hard! Teresa has a cold and is teething and now FREAKS OUT when I leave the room during the day and nighttime is a complete disaster! She'll fall asleep nursing, but the second I try to put her down in her crib or swing (tried in there because of the stuffy nose) she instantly wakes up and gets hysterical.

Any tips???
November 23rd, 2011, 07:59 AM
Super Mommy
I cant really offer advice, just sympathy. And hope that she will get better soon andthis phase will pass soon for both of you. It sounds difficult. So sorry. :hugs:

November 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
*MomofO&Nat*'s Avatar Kelly, Massachusetts Mama
Kris,
I could have written this. Natalie was just fine all this time as long as she had a paci. All the sudden, her shirt is covered in drool and she is hysterical for nap and bed. She is actually screaming her head off right now as I type this and it is nap time. I hate to say it, but the only thing working for me is CIO, modified. I do our normal routine, put her in, get out of the room quick and she starts to scream before I get to the door. I then let her cry 10 min watching on the video monitor to make sure she is ok. If she hasn't given up by then, I might go in, lay her down and say the same routine I usually say over again. She usually gives up within a half hour unless she has lost her paci, poops or is just over the edge. I don't know, it sucks when I got used to her doing so well.
Natalie Laura (9/14/10)
Harrison Dean (2/22/13)
Proud Member of the September 2010 Playroom

November 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No advice just lots of hugs

November 25th, 2011, 06:01 AM
Gemum
Jay can be a nightmare but only when I am around... or so i'm told. Apparently he is fine when with Steven so I dont know?

I'm just kinda putting up with it. HUGS!
November 25th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CIO makes ME want to cry, but we've had to do a little of it. A few nights ago I was literally falling asleep in her chair and almost dropped her, so I put her down and she did cry on and off for about 40 minutes. I felt so horrible and was nearly crying myself. At first I tried going back in, but that made it worse. I've just read horror stories about babies stopping breathing and it scares the heck out of me.

Of course yesterday I get grief from my mom and grandma about getting her in the middle of the night. Hubby has no problem with CIO, so he was looking for them to agree with him.

So last night we put her down and she stopped crying within 15 minutes or so-I had to distract myself with going to watch a tv show. But then I couldn't resist going to her door, just to listen for her breathing-hubby thinks I am crazy-and she got startled and then cried a few more minutes. She woke up a few times in the night, cried about 5 minutes and then went back to sleep.

This morning I felt so guilty and gave her lots of kisses and cuddles! As much as I hate CIO, we may have to keep doing it. She needs her sleep, I need my sleep, and hubby needs his sleep!
November 25th, 2011, 07:58 AM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
Every.time.I.leave.the.room Autumn screams.. It is incredibly difficult

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
November 25th, 2011, 11:13 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I'm sorry you all are going through this. Betsy went through a small phase of separation anxiety when I went back to school. It's so hard. She will still whine when she sees we're in the dining room or kitchen and she's been blocked off in the living room, but it's nothing like what some of your babies are doing.

I hope that this phase ends quickly!!!!!!
November 25th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Today she has been better, but hubby and Nathan are home, so there's usually at least 2 people other than her in a room.
November 25th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Super Mommy
Im so sorry. . I know that when we have had to use cio, it has been downright painful for me. So i can really relate to your post. The cio we have done has helped so much though. I hope things continue to improve for you. Hugs!

November 26th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Michael went thru this when he turned 1. It lasted about a month, and we tried a little bit of CIO modified). I also switched him to one nap from two ( I guess he was getting so tired that he started falling asleep without crying). Hope it'll pass soon for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search