Can M have motion sickness meds?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
4 times now (5 if you count the time he had strep throat) M has gotten car sick. So far its only been on longer trips and i think we've figured out its when he eats close to the time of the trip... the problem is, how am i supposed to work this when we have to travel 5+ hours to my moms or 2+ hours to Dh's parents all the time? We're going to Ohio for Christmas, picking my step daughter up at school then going from there so we'll need to stop and eat dinner at some point... i can't just let him go all night without dinner... but, then again, if i feed him then he throws it all up anyway its basically the same thing... Anyway, can he have motion sickness meds this young? I got carsick a lot when i was younger and i still have a fairly weak tummy now (i'm okay in the car unless i try to read or concentrate on something but roller coasters and things are no good without meds). I'm not sure if its the fact that its fast food/restaurant food thats getting to him or if its all food in general so i dont know if feeding him right before we left would help or not.... our dog gets carsick too, thats WAY too much throw up in a 5 hour span for me to handle!

November 23rd, 2011, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm no help...I have no clue if a toddler can have motion sickness meds. I would say no, but I'm not sure. Maybe give him something ginger (like diluted ginger ale) to help his tummy stay settled?

November 23rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess ill have to call his doc

November 23rd, 2011, 12:29 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I also would guess no, but I'm not sure either. Would he keep Sea Bands on?
November 26th, 2011, 06:54 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have the same issue except luckily for us we've only had to go on a roadtrip once and he was only 2 months old at that time. He's gotten sick from only a 30 min-1 hr trip and i finally figured out it seems he gets motion sickness! Sorry but i'm not sure about the meds... I'd be interested in knowing once you find out.

November 27th, 2011, 07:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll be sure to let you know Krista! He did it again two days ago and we were just around town doing errands not even on a long trip so I'm going to need to call his doctor before we go out of town for Christmas for sure otherwise he'll be miserable. I actually think i may have discovered the reason... but i dont know if it'll fix it or not. The past three times hes done it he's been playing with "his" iphone (my old one, basically an ipod touch now that he plays games on) in the car, so he was concentrating on what he was doing... i know when i try to read or something in the car thats when i get sick, so now i think thats the reason. Next time we go somewhere i'm not going to let him have it and see if he still does it

November 27th, 2011, 07:38 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's interesting! I get sick when i read as well so i guess it would make sense.

December 4th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Krista - we asked his doc and they said we could give him 1/4 of a teaspoon of Benadryl, i dont know if thats based on age or weight so ide of course ask Cam's doc before giving him any but i said i'de let you know

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search