Shoes

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 01:29 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What kind of shoes do you like? We have a great pair of Rileyroos but they are getting too small and the size ups are too big.
November 23rd, 2011, 01:37 PM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I buy most of Sam's shoes at Stride Rite, they fit well and wear well, for me they are worth the money, plus they often have the buy one get one 50% off sales and that is when I stock up. The pair he is wearing right now are 5 1/2 and he still has plenty of room in them.
November 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM
We had a pair of stride rite sandals that she wore out over the summer. There isn't a Striderite around here, so I stop when I travel for work. The one place that does sell Striderite is a mom and pop business and while they are really nice and I like them, they are expensive (I paid $53 for a pair of tennis shoes from them).

really nice and I like them...I was talking about the people at the business
November 23rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Christian is still in Robeez and Pedipeds. I'm not so fond of the idea of hard soled shoes yet and these are good enough to protect his feet when we go out.
November 24th, 2011, 10:29 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Levi hates shoes, but he wears cowboy boots for real, he loves them. Ok, and he has a pair of Champion tennis shoes I bought at Payless, and a pair of hiking boots from a friend (don't know where they are from) but when he is buckled in his carseat, he spends the ride trying to get them off. Unless, of course, they are cowboy boots, LOL
November 24th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Shoes = outside, and she loves outside....but we've already had one splinter so we don't let her walk outside without them.
November 24th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shoes for Nina, I like any kind as long as their cute... though she's stuck in uggs for the winter lol.

Thanks KELLY for my amazing siggggyyyy.
November 25th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know that shoes are one of the things some people think are worth spending money on but i totally put holly in whatever fits that I find cute, including hand me downs. I'm not especially afraid that she'll have horrible foot problems the rest of her life.

These days she's mostly wearing slippers (robeeze or padraigs) or boots. She has some cute Stan Smith's that she seems to like and are easy to get on and a pair or turquoise converse that are adorable but a total pain in the rump to get on and tie.

November 25th, 2011, 12:30 PM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm with Michelle on shoes. I put Noelle in what ever fits, is cute and doesn't cost a fortune. I do try not to have her (or the older kids) wear the same shoes every day, so we have a few pairs. Yesterday she had on hot pink mary janes, today it's sneakers, tomorrow will likely be black mary janes. I like to mix it up depending on what she is wearing and we just can't afford to buy her a pair of $50+ shoes.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 25th, 2011, 07:19 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto the last two posters ... I do love Robeez and Striderites and TipToeyJoeys BUT I go with whatever hand-me-downs or thrifts I find, lol... which sometimes are the good brands I like, but if not, I'm quite content to have whatever is available to me - right now I have a rubbermaid bin with about 30 pairs of shoes up to size 7 and 8 that are all hand-me-downs, so we're good for a while, lol!! (I have one friend who has two older girls and another friend with one older girl, and I get ALL the hand-me-downs from them all!!)

November 25th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Harleigh wears a lot of stride rite. She is almost in size 3's. Probably in the next few months we can move her up to the next size in Robeez.
November 28th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Elias wears mainly Robeez, because they were hand me downs. I LOVE Wee Walkers brand though. They're not as cheap as the super cheap $5-10 shoes, but there hasn't been a pair more than $15 that I've seen yet, and they have a lot of the classic styles that are seemingly hard to find without paying $35+ for them nowadays.
November 28th, 2011, 09:52 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Ben will only wear his Robeez. He takes off all other shoes. I have no problem with the Robeez unless it's wet out, because they're not waterproof.

He also owns Crocs and some unknown brand fuzzy boots from Costco. He pulls them both off in seconds. He won't even wear footie pajamas, stinker. He pulls at his feet and cries because the "socks" won't come off.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Last edited by LisaB; November 28th, 2011 at 10:01 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search