My child's personality is finally coming back :D

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This makes me so happy I could seriously cry. It may not seem like a huge deal, but to me it really really is!!

When Gabriel was little he basked in the attention he got from total strangers. He would let people pass him around without a worry in the world, he would flirt and coo at strangers and just light up and put on a show! This was all while I was staying at home with him as well. WELL, fast forward to when I went back to work full time and all of that completely changed. When he was about 5 months old and I was working again strangers terrified him all of the sudden. If a lady would smile at him or talk to him while standing in line at the grocery store he'd look away, start fussing and desperately pull for me. It was as if he was terrified they were going to take him away from me, or I was going to leave him. His personality just totally changed as if overnight and stuck that way! He'd walk after me all day around the house when I was home with him just crying for no reason bc I had to be holding him 24/7.

Well I opted to take a demotion at work so about a month ago I transitioned to working from home 4 days out of the week and on a part time basis.

We were out shopping for about 7 hours yesterday and the entire time Gabriel was just flirting non-stop with the strangers in line. He was smiling at them, giggeling and tottally thriving on all the attention. He was a total wonder child. We went to lunch in the middle of the day and I realized I haven't seen him do this since he was little, since I was staying at home with him before. He's acting like he use to, his old personality is coming back. It made me tear up realizing this. I told DH and of course he was just like "Yea....!" But to me this was such a break through. I suppose that Gabriel just really thrives with me being home. I was miserable working FT, everyone around me could tell, and I suppose maybe he wasn't happy with it either. The clingyness was really getting to me. The non-stop fussing was driving me up the wall!

All this to say...it makes my heart so extremely happy to see my happy, loving and outgoing child coming back after all these months

November 26th, 2011, 09:59 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
Aww, yay, Megan! I'm so glad he's so much happier now and that you are able to be with him more!
November 26th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Thanks Brooke. It could easily be a coincidence, but with the timing it's pretty ironic. Makes me feel like I did the right thing.

November 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
That's awesome!!! I'm so glad he's the sweet little flirt that he is meant to be and it's hard making a career decision like that, I know! I had to put a great deal of business on hold for a while, but I still do my thing, just not as much as I did before kids or as I will when they are in school.

I love it when kids are happy and genuine. You just really know your sacrifices and your love are worth it because they are with the most favorite person in the world: YOU!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
November 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Super Mommy
Awwww! Your post just totally melted my heart and has me grinning from ear to ear. That is incredibly sweet. That is so great you were able to make some changes to positively effect both of you.

November 26th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks girls. It's such a hard balance and a personal decision for each Mother, I know. But for me, working FT just wasn't a good fit for either of us. I'm lucky to be able to be a WAHM for the most part now. It just made me really excited to see that G has adapted to his new schedule well and it's obvious to me how much happier he seems to be these last few days.

November 26th, 2011, 03:45 PM
Gemum
Yaaay!! I am so glad he is the little boy he was before The clingy stuff gets soo old so fast!

Happy its working out better for you all now
November 26th, 2011, 06:40 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
So good to hear!!! I am so happy that G is doing so much better! YOu must be so much more at ease knowing you are doing the best thing for you and him!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
November 26th, 2011, 07:25 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Yay! I'm so glad he's feeling better and is becoming a happy little kid again!!!!!
November 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! I'm glad he's back to his old self.

November 26th, 2011, 09:00 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
aww thats amazing <3
November 27th, 2011, 01:24 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
That's great, Megan!! What a little sweetie

November 28th, 2011, 07:44 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
Awwwww that must make you feel GREAT! He is such a sweetheart!
November 28th, 2011, 07:52 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
That is really wonderful, coincidence or not!!
November 28th, 2011, 10:02 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeay!! that's sweet and wonderful!
November 28th, 2011, 06:21 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
This made me smile!! I'm so glad that you made the best decision for your family and are seeing positive results from it!!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search