What do you do with change?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Save it or spend it? We have a "change jar" and the kids both have banks so we usually put it in there. Every once in a while i'll use exact change but not very often

November 26th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't usually use cash, so it's rare I have change. DH uses cash a lot and he puts change into each girl's piggy banks for them. When they get full, he lets them take it to get cashed out and they can buy something with it.

November 26th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Yeah i never used to have cash but thats how baby B's parents pay me so now i'm always having change which is weird for me!

November 26th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'd just save it up and then cash it in at Coinstar for gift cards. They don't deduct anything for the gift cards, but they deduct a percentage if you want cash instead. They have Amazon, Gap and quite a few other cards you can get.

November 26th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I save all of my change. The last time I counted it I had over $100 in change. I hide it in various places around my house. It is my "me" money. I normally just take it to the bank when I want something for myself like to get my nails done. I use cash a lot, so I have a lot of change. I have also taken it to coinstar to get the amazon gift cards, and then use the money to buy books for my kindle.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

November 26th, 2011, 10:29 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I almost never have cash. We we do have change saved up Kaija finds it all and stashes it in one of her 4 piggy banks. Poor Kolbie doesn't have a piggy bank!
November 27th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, i didnt know about the gift card thing... thats awesome! I counted last night and SDD has $43 dollars in hers and M has $36 dollars in his! Yikes... i need to put more in hers, it doesnt seem right that he has almost as much as an 7.5 year old

November 27th, 2011, 08:55 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
DH always has change, but I guess that's because he works at a bank. Sometimes Lily gets a few coins for her piggy bank. If I happen to have quarters I give it to my Junior League for bingo prizes at the retirement homes. We have a big bucket for random change that we've used for a few years. It's still only half full. We call it the college fund.
November 27th, 2011, 11:36 AM
mimi81's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I save it in a jar and then use it towards something I want that's not in the budget like highlights for my hair.

[IMG][/IMG]

November 27th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use it! Ha. We use only cash for any purchases (we do DAve Ramsey's envelope system) so we have loads of change these days. DH will put his out on the table or something and I'll steal it . If he gets to it before me, he'll put it in Liv's bank. Sometimes I do too when I'm feeilng generous . Ha!

November 29th, 2011, 09:55 AM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a huge change jar and when it is full - we cash it in and use is for souvneir (sp?)money on vacation (we take one every year - even if a small one).

November 29th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we have soooooo much change.....when we moved...I found a big bag full.. I couldn't even lift it. I had no idea about the coinstar changing into GC. I need to find one
November 30th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
We have a jar for quarters only and another jar for the rest of the change and sometimes I'll throw change I find around the house in Peyton's piggy bank. I'm planning on taking our change to the bank when the wedding gets closer and we have tons of stuff to pay for.

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 4th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We save ours. We have a huge water bottle we put it in. When it's full we change it in for cash.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search