Big kid beds

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2011, 11:07 PM
nurselochia's Avatar Marathon running mom of 4
I know our LO's are just a little over 1 year, but when do you plan to transition them to a big kid bed?
Will you buy a toddler bed? Regular bed?

We always bought them a twin bed when they turned two, and made it a big part of their 2nd birthday. We got the cheapest mattress so if it got ruined with bedwetting (I don't care how great of a waterproof mattress cover we got, my kids STILL could pee through it!) and once they are older and no longer having accidents, we got a better mattriess. But if I remember right, I think we put kid#3 in a big bed earlier because he was climbing out so often.

Thanks Jaidynsmum!!

November 28th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
we have a crib that will turn into a toddler bed and then a twin. I figure we'll play it by ear. we co-sleep and nurse, so I have no plans to move her any time soon. I figure she'll move to her own bed when she's weaned. probably creating amonster.

[url=http://lilypie.com]
November 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We tried with Hudson at 18mo and it was a collossal failure. He just was not ready, we have been gradually transitioning (he alternates from a toddler bed to a full sized with rails) for about 6 mo now (he will be 3 in Feb.)

November 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
H1C2's Avatar Life of Love
We got one of the cribs that the sides go down into a partial side opening, so that will do until we do get a bigger bed. I don't want to jinx us, but he doesn't try and get out just yet.. he prefers to stand in the corner and just yell for us. Lol
November 28th, 2011, 05:50 PM
AutumnMommy's Avatar formerly LisaSmeesa
Ashton was about 21 months.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy

November 29th, 2011, 12:22 AM
tracey22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mara was 15 months when she went to a toddler bed because of trying to get out of her crib. She did well, she has always been a good sleeper. We just bought a car's toddler bed for Jacob and he'll get it as a christmas present. He loves to sit on his sister's bed so I think he will like to play on his bed but as for sleeping.... he only uses his crib half the night then comes to our bed to nurse. I hope he will sleep in his new bed eventually.

Thank you GraysMama for my beautiful siggy!

November 29th, 2011, 04:12 AM
justcallmecat's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via ICQ to justcallmecat
we have a crib that turns into a toddler bed..so will use that when she starts to climb out..ditto to what heather said...ev just tries stands int eh corner cryign until we come in..lol

Thank you Chelsea (GraysMama) for my amazing siggy!

November 29th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Lynsie's Avatar Veteran
I plan to leave Bentley in his crib as long as possible. That boy moves around so much in his sleep that I know he's going to fall out of bed more than once, lol. Our crib turns into a daybed and I plan to get a siderail as well. So far he hasn't even tried to climb out though.

December 2nd, 2011, 11:04 AM
Just call me "Hope."
I don't know when we'll convert the crib to a toddler bed. We'll just be grateful to get him back in his crib at all after our cosleeping extravaganza during his illness and our move.
December 14th, 2011, 11:56 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Probably not for a while, at least until she's 2 I bet. She wears a sleepsack, making it pretty much impossible for her to climb out. Keller was about 2 and 2 months I think, so we could have the crib for Isla when he was 2.5 he never tried to climb out and would have happily stayed in it forever.

DH built Keller a beautiful toddler bed, so Isla will get that and Keller will go into a twin or full.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search