Update on us and missing you girls terribly!!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 06:22 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Hey everyone~ Just wanted to chat a second and update ya'll on our moving. It has been a completely stressful situation that I never want to relive, as those on fb may know. We were supposed to close on the 18th, but heard the week before that the appraisal came in too low, by 17,000. So...our only option at that point was to try and get the appraiser to adjust it. It was a CRAP appraisal, they used comps from a dinky town 15 miles away, when there were comps in the same subdivision that sold for about 40,000 more than this house. ANYWAY, they did adjust it by 10,000 so then we had to renogiate at the new appraisal price. Fine, we do and the seller's come down and all is good, set to close on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Well, I call my lender Tuesday afternoon too make sure all is good to close, cuz she hasn't called....and I find out the underwriter wanted a desktop review of the appraisal and we aren't going to be able to close Wed morning at 10, maybe later afternoon, because that review hasn't come back. Mind you, we are all loaded in our trailers, the renters we have are moving in and here we are facing MAYBE not getting the loan. LONG story a little bit shorter we found out Wednesday afternoon the review of the adjusted appraisal came back good and we were given a written clear to close to our attorney, so the sellers gave us early possession THANK GOD!! So, we should find out this morning once the title company opens if we can close today or not!!

Other than this nightmare, we all (except dh) got horrible sick with roto virus for a week solid. It was HORRIBLE!! My mom came in to stay with us and help on the 2nd of November, so she got sick too! There was my Mom, Austin, Grace and myself, all competing for our ONE bathroom at the old house. It was horrendous!

So anyway...now we are moved in, boxes everywhere, but it is wonderful!! I LOVE it!! So much more space it almost seems unreal!! Went from 1100 sq ft to 2800 sq ft. Not sure how I had all this stuff crammed into my old house! Grace is doing great, she is actually sleeping much much better here...which is a very pleasant surprise!! Austin was a HUGE help moving, it was like having another man around! My boy is growing up!!

So, I plan on trying to get on more now once things have settled down. I haven't even been able to stalk much at all!!! I really really really miss you girls!! Hope everyone has been doing great and had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! If you made it this far I super love you!!
November 28th, 2011, 07:02 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
What a crazy experience!! I'm sorry, Nichole!! I bet it makes you appreciate being in that house so much though Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out!! You guys deserve it! And that's awful about the rotovirus ugh! Glad you're all feeling better now. How was your Thanksgiving? Did you do anything or just work on moving?

November 28th, 2011, 07:05 AM
It was good Amy. We started moving at 6 Wednesday night and I was able to still have a Thanksgiving Dinner, thanks to my Mom doing my unpacking for me! I know I just totally vented about everything, but I needed to! BUT, I am super blessed through it all, I know that too! Just thought I'd say that as well!
November 28th, 2011, 07:57 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh Nichole! I KNOW that you know you're super blessed! And I'm so glad that you were able to vent. You DEFINITELY needed it! I can't even begin to imagine what a stressful, scary situation that was for weeks! I hope I didn't make you feel bad about venting I didn't mean to at all! That was a nightmare for you, and it's what we're here for

And I'm glad you were still able to have a delicious Thanksgiving YAY!

November 28th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sound like you had a tuff go !! I am sure you will settle in and enjoy every minute.

November 28th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
Oh Nichole! I KNOW that you know you're super blessed! And I'm so glad that you were able to vent. You DEFINITELY needed it! I can't even begin to imagine what a stressful, scary situation that was for weeks! I hope I didn't make you feel bad about venting I didn't mean to at all! That was a nightmare for you, and it's what we're here for

And I'm glad you were still able to have a delicious Thanksgiving YAY!
Totally didn't make me feel bad! I just wanted to not sound like a ungreatful person with all my venting!
November 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you're all moved in!!! And yeay for your big boy helper!!! You made it mama! I'm glad it's over with and now you can enjoy your new home! CONGRATS!
November 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
YAY! So excited for you to enjoy your new house! I bet it feels great to have all that extra space. Sorry you guys were so sick. I hope the closing goes smoothly.
November 28th, 2011, 10:29 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
enjoy your new home Hun and share some pictures once you're settled

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

November 28th, 2011, 07:17 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Congrats, congrats!!!! You super love me

I am so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see pictures as you turn it into YOURS completely!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search