Christmas tree?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2011, 06:07 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Are you Guys putting one up and how are you keeping LO away from it? I think we are skipping it this year bc Ethan gets into everything and I am home with him and being pregnant I don't have the energy to say no all day!

November 28th, 2011, 06:19 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will be putting ours up on Saturday. I'm not too concerned about it, if Sofia takes ornaments off I'll just move it up higher, sure it might look weird but oh well. Carly last year was into everything too, but she surprisngly left the tree alone for the most part.

November 28th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are getting one, Ryan's parents haven't picked it out yet. They get a live one every year. I am not sure how we are going to keep Harleigh away from it, I may get one of those play yard gate things to put around it.
November 29th, 2011, 06:09 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep we are putting one up, actually we have one up already and will do the other this weekend, Sam does mess with it but I just keep telling him no and redirecting, he is starting to get it because now he only touches the tree one out of every 5 times he passes it and not every. single. time. like when we first put it up LOL
November 29th, 2011, 06:16 AM
ChoMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup I cant go without a tree, I will have all the "shatterproof" oranments on the bottom and the glass ones on top. She'll learn not to touch it after a few nos, luckily Alicia is pretty good at listening lol.

November 29th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Same as the other ladies, we'll put one up, possibly with most of the ornaments on the upper half. We'll say no a lot, redirect, whatever. I won't let my rambunctious toddler ruin my Christmas experience!!

November 29th, 2011, 07:51 AM
BelloFiglioLA's Avatar LAH * CLH
I was thinking about not getting one either but I know DH will throw a fit. We can gate off the front room where we put it though so Levi can't even get in there.

November 29th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have ours up. Abigail will go over and look and poke and take things off but she is so easily distracted that it usually doesn't last too long - she forgets and moves onto the next thing! Now, the presents are another story. I have had to move them all out of her sight.

November 29th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We got one and we were worried about Christian because he gets into everything too, but he loves looking at it so much that he hardly messes with it. Sometimes he'll go and touch a light, but that's it. Of course, none of the ornaments are within his reach.
November 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh yeah, presents under the tree are a different story. I don't think we'll put any under until Christmas eve.

November 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We plan on getting one. It wouldn't be Christmas for us without it. The plan is to put the non-breakable/shatterproof ornaments near the bottom and the glass or fragile ornaments near the top. We have two small dogs who tend to run by the tree and knock things off, so that is how we normally decorate it anyway.

We are also planning on getting Noelle a small tree for her play area with ornaments that she can touch. That way if she is too attracted to the main tree we have something we can distract her with.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
November 29th, 2011, 06:05 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
Ok ok we decided to put it up! It looks so pretty! So far so good. We have only had to tell him no a couple times.

November 29th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
We put ours up the day before Thanksgiving.Ava loves it.She looks at it and has only pointed at it,not really touching it.Our 5 & 8 year old can't seem to keep their hands off it though,hanging their toys on it

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

November 30th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's been up a few days, she helped me put some decorations on so she knows they go on and not off. She likes to sit and look at them though, if she starts touching them I just say no and she just carries on looking.

Thanks KELLY for my amazing siggggyyyy.
December 1st, 2011, 07:00 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We get a real tree every year, so we will get it probably next weekend. We can close off the front room from Jaxon where we are going to put the tree this year, I am not to worried about it. I will also not put anything too low on the tree.
December 1st, 2011, 11:01 AM
sugarloafbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH wants a real tree for our first Christmas in our house, but I feel like it would be easier to just get a small fake one this yr. Not looking forward to all those pine needles, the cats eating them and puking them up everywhere! I'm trying to convince him otherwise!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my siggy!

December 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarloafbaby View Post
DH wants a real tree for our first Christmas in our house, but I feel like it would be easier to just get a small fake one this yr. Not looking forward to all those pine needles, the cats eating them and puking them up everywhere! I'm trying to convince him otherwise!
Sorry, I'm on your husband's side!

December 3rd, 2011, 07:56 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yep, we'll get one....a real one, if she messes with it then so be it as long as she doesn't topple it, it'll be fine
December 5th, 2011, 06:49 AM
kellysensei's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're skipping it this year. I'm already too stressed keeping an eye on him all day; I don't need something else to worry about. Plus we have two cats whose favorite game is climbing the tree and knocking the top ornaments off.

Evan James (2/18/12) and Gabriel Anthony (6/5/10)

December 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
I picked up a giant pack of plastic bulbs for our tree. I've opted out of the rudolph ornaments just in case, only because i've been collecting them for 23 years and they would be hard to replace. She looks at the tree, tells me it's pretty and stops poking if i tell her no.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search