Christmas Lights

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2011, 09:09 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Ok, we saw a bunch of houses decorated tonight on the way home from the grocery store... I gotta know- What kind of 'christmas lights' girl are you?

Big bulbs, small bulbs? Multi-colored or white? Icicles or regular ones? Blinking and flashing or just lit up? And fess up, who hangs those awful blue lights????

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 1st, 2011, 09:31 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooooooooh this makes me want to go hang lights!!!!! I haven't yet this year (heck, I haven't done any decorating yet ) I think I'll probably stick with white lights. I don't want to annoy the neighbors. DEFINITELY not big flashing bulbs

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 1st, 2011, 09:48 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
White icycles with tiny colored blinkers.

December 1st, 2011, 09:57 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
We do it all.. Except the big bulbs. Right now we have white icicles that blink on our roof along with colored lights on our roof saying "Land here" for Santa and white lights on the bushes and colored lights on the trees in the yard lol
December 1st, 2011, 10:23 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We got up multi colored and snow flakes(hang like icicles). This year we have 10 strands going down the lane in the trees

December 2nd, 2011, 03:54 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
No outside lights for us -- DH isn't super into holiday decorating and definitely hates the increase in the electric bill during this month. Inside, I have colored lights on both of the trees (the big one in the living room and the small one in Betsy's room).
December 2nd, 2011, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have multi coloured icicles and a dear that lights up.

December 2nd, 2011, 05:37 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I like the multi-colored small bulbs. I wish I could go put them up outside but that wouldn't be a good idea right now and dh doesn't like to do any kind of decorating for anything, ever. We love looking at lights when we're driving somewhere in the evening. So we just have lights on our tree, which I put up all by myself. I gotta know, what's so bad about the blue lights?

December 2nd, 2011, 06:11 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
We usually outline our roof lines with the big, white lights...no blinking...haven't put them up yet this year...DH keeps saying he's going to but but I think he's dragging his feet on purpose...he knows he goes to Brazil next weekend and time he comes home it will be a week til Christmas and no sense putting them up then....lazy *****!!

I have multi colored LED's on my tree.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 2nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we have the variety - we have white blinking, and then colored lights as well
December 2nd, 2011, 06:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have the C7 multi colored non blinking bulbs over the front porch and the garage. We are not adventurous enough to do any lights on the 2nd story.

We also have our Nativity Scene. The star blinks, but everything else is solid.

I believe the blue lights are Hanukah lights or as a friend of ours says: blue for the Chicago Cubs.

We usually have some light trees too, but it started to rain we put the decorations up, so we skipped them this year.

In the future I totally want a Griswald house!
December 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Since we're living in an apartment now we'll probably put a wreath on the door with small white bulbs and we do multi colored small bulbs on the tree. I can't wait to finish unpacking so I can start decorating

December 2nd, 2011, 08:26 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Woops! I didn't mean to offend anyone
I just think the blue looks awful!

I actually like the fat bulbs and multicolored, without flashing or anything like that
I love looking driving through random neighborhoods to look at Christmas lights!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]
forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I actually like the "newer" led blue lights, I think they look pretty cool. But the really old, faded blue lights aren't the best. Blue lights remind me of Adam's grandma, she always said she thought of "Silent Night" when she saw blue lights.

We are a white light house, no blinking. I had a friend that used to put up her big ole christmas tree and she used the big solid multi colored bulbs on her tree, and I really liked it, but I could never pull it off. My little "Dr. Suess" tree has colored, but our big main tree that isn't up yet will be solid white.
December 2nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Kris...I LOVE your Nativity Scene Ever since I was little, I've always said that as soon as I have a house and a yard, I'm going to get one. I can't wait!

Today I put up one strand of small, multi-colored lights on my balcony, but I still need to go find/buy an extension cord so I can plug them in. I prefer the big colored ones, but these ones were $3 at Walgreens, so I just grabbed them

My parents always did big colored lights on the Christmas tree, house, and tree out front. And they have always done white candles in all the windows. Now, though, they do the tiny LEDs.

And I LOVE driving around looking at Christmas lights especially in the snow. Even though I don't know if I would ever do it, I love to see the houses that have 8,000 decorations and are all lit up everywhere!

December 2nd, 2011, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeToTheMax View Post
Kris...I LOVE your Nativity Scene Ever since I was little, I've always said that as soon as I have a house and a yard, I'm going to get one. I can't wait!
It was my impulse purchase the year I was pregnant with Nathan.

The small camel, cow and donkey are actually from my dad's mom's set (bought in early 70s) that then was at my house when I was a kid, then my mom eventually decided to get rid of it because half of the pieces were cracked, but those were salvageable. They are a little smaller than our set, but I just tell myself they are baby animals. We also have an extra Jesus.

There is a church not to far from me that has a literally LIFE SIZE set and I LOVE it!
December 2nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Oh neat! That's a cool story! I from the picture, I couldn't even tell that the animals didn't go with it. It looks great! And an extra Jesus is always good When I was little (probably 1ish), I took the baby Jesus from my parent's Nativity Scene and they didn't find it for a year and a half, until they were putting the crib together for my little brother and out fell baby Jesus

A life size nativity scene would be awesome! You'll have to get a picture of it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search