Toddler bed

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2011, 03:58 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those who have started using toddler beds....how do you like it? Are the kids staying in bed pretty well at night?
December 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad we made the move! Kaylee could climb out of her crib and i didn't want her getting hurt. She's only gotten out of bed 3x ... and she ends up in the living-room calling for me - so i know, typically when she wakes up at night she'll just sit up and call for me or cry.
December 6th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Mark is on the way to pick a bed up from our local consignment store b/c is 100% obsessed with the little tykes blue car bed LOL. He wants to give it a try but I think I will end up having to sleep with Drake to get him to stay in there
December 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Good luck! we have that bed and Logan still LOVES it!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
MommyKent910's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just switched Hayden about a week ago. It was a VERY easy transtion. One night he did fall out which was a little scary but nothing compared to his constant climbing out the crib. Hayden likes that he can get up in the morning(9ish) and get a book or puzzle or toy and play in his bed by himself for a little bit. We just converted a crib, so I dont think he really realized that it was that much different. Good Luck!!
December 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Good luck! I think Betsy will be in her crib for a while longer -- she's had no interest in trying to escape yet!
December 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Whoa! I didn't realize anyone had switched to a toddler bed already. We didn't switch our boys until 2 years old.
December 6th, 2011, 06:45 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm keeping Max in his crib until he's at least 5. Maybe 15. We'll see how it goes.

December 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I usually move them to a bed when they crawl out, and that will not be to far way for us.

Thank You tasha_mae

December 6th, 2011, 06:52 PM
wild&free's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
The crib is probably the ONLY thing Eli hasn't tried to climb yet So we will be keeping him in it for a while longer!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
December 7th, 2011, 06:15 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
i just switched 3 days ago and my son is loving the big boy bed
December 7th, 2011, 06:38 AM
well we have the thing in the garage for now. Mark has to cut some slats b/c it did not come with them for some reason. But last night Drake woke up at 12AM and was so upset so I just can't imagine how it would have been if he had also been able to just hop out of bed. He is probably just not ready yet
December 7th, 2011, 06:45 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
It's okay if he isn't, Amy! He's still so young. He'll get there! Like Kris said, it's still early. If he isn't climbing out of the crib yet, and it's still providing him security and keeping him safe, then leave him for the time being. He'll be ready in his own time

December 7th, 2011, 06:53 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I didn't realize some of our LO's are already in beds! Wow... how fast they are growing up.

Kellen's not trying to climb out of the crib, so he's staying put Hopefully, at about 2 or slightly thereafter, he'll be moved from the crib to the very low twin bed Kensley's in now, and she's moving to the top bunk in her room. She's so excited to share a room with Kellen, and he loves to play on her bed, so I think it will be an easy transition.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 7th, 2011, 01:59 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Chase climbs on absolutely everything, but thankfully hasn't tried climbing out of his crib yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he stays content in his crib for at least another year. We had a very difficult transition with my DD, so hopefully when the time comes for Chase it goes much more smoothly!

December 7th, 2011, 05:31 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliMom View Post
The crib is probably the ONLY thing Eli hasn't tried to climb yet So we will be keeping him in it for a while longer!

December 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
He doesn't climb anything. If he tries to climb out I'll be so tempted to get one of those cage toppers for cribs! lol He's still so suicidal the last thing I want is him loose in his room. His latest thing to try is unplugging things and then trying ineptly to reinsert the plug. Makes me cringe to think of him loose alone in his room.

December 7th, 2011, 06:47 PM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
Surprisingly Hudson has never tried to climb out of his crib at all. I won't move him from the crib until he does and I don't think he is even close yet.

December 7th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like some of the others I didn't know so many are making the transition.

When we move I was thinking of switching him over but I'm not sure. He has been taking naps in my bed and some time in the wee hours of the morning I bring him into bed with me. It will be interesting.

December 8th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Milan likes his crib for now. We are still not on the lowest setting. I might get him lower in case he decides to start climbing. The railings are up to his armpits at the moment. We will transition around 20 month to get things prepared for the new baby. I am really not in a hurry, it took us a while to get good sleeping habits. I want to enjoy it before facing another sleep training...lol Good luck!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search