Wednesday QsOTD

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2011, 09:22 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
(I can't take credit...I stole these questions from google!)

If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you guess?

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

December 7th, 2011, 09:36 AM
mt23hc's Avatar Melissa
Send a message via AIM to mt23hc
-Given the fact that I'm married with two kids, people think I'm older than I am. I would say mid-20's. Most of my friends are in their mid to late 20's or early 30's.

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
-I try to live my life to the fullest now but I would probably see more, do more...I don't know!

-I think I have controlled a lot of it but I struggle daily with knowing God is in control and sometimes I have to let go and live by faith.

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
-I would immediately stand up for that person.

-I really don't know, I will think about it and come back.
December 7th, 2011, 09:43 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
ooh, interesting questions Amy!!!

If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you guess?Well, I'm 32..and I'd say people probably think upper 30's. . Back before I had Grace and didn't need to lose 30 pounds, I got carded all the time. Now, they'd be more likely to wonder if I get the senior special.

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?Yikes, this is a terrifying question. I would not be taking anything for granted, and I would be making sure my walk with the Lord was on the right path. So, obviously, this is what I should be doing now.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?Well, I believe that everything happens for a reason, and that reason is God. So, I don't believe I've actually controlled much...I think it's all in the big guy's hands

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?Well, if it was with three people I respect and admire, I really don't see them talking bad...but you said criticizing I guess. Hmm...criticizing isn't always a bad thing, but I would probably just suggest it's not fair that so and so is criticized while they aren't here to defend themselves, or heed the criticism.

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?Gosh, I have no clue....I'm such a follower. I clean with vodka...I assume most people drink it.
December 7th, 2011, 10:19 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you guess? People constantly don't believe my age (28) typically they guess that i'm around my late teens i.e. 18/19'ish. When i get carded i get comments like "ya, how old are you?!" and they'll hold it up like it's a fake or something - so typically i go to the same places - where the staff know me

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I don't know that I would be doing anything different - typically i try to make each day the most of what i can - i don't always succeed, but i try. After i was diagnosed with SLE and was going through what i was at the time - it changed my view a bit, as well as loosing my mom when she was still young herself.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I asked DH to marry me although it was after he asked me first and i said no ... i took charge and asked him back because it was what i wanted. Same with jobs -- i've only taken jobs that i felt like they were good for me and that i wanted -- well, as an adult i'll say. But most of the control REALLY is how I FELL and how I respond and react and my own personal accountability - that's really all i can control.

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Ask about why that feel that way and then put in my input about my perspective from knowing that person. It's important to respect others but you have a right for your friendship and the person that you are friends with to be respected as well... i think it's important to say something

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? for next day pizza i always eat it with a fork when i reheat it ... not sure why
December 8th, 2011, 10:13 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Nichole...I NEVER would have guessed you are 32! I think you look MUCH younger! And cleaning with vodka...I'm fascinated!

Alethia...I do the same thing when I reheat pizza

If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you guess? Probably 23, I always think I'm 23 and have to remind myself that I'm not anymore

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Oh man! I think I would definitely have a different job. I like my job and love the company I'm working for, but I'm definitely here because of the long term stability, room for growth, and amazing retirement plan (among other things!). If I knew I would only live to 40, I would be living somewhere closer to my brother and his wife (since my parents are both past 40!) and working somewhere that I could bring Max with me. Hopefully, too, I would have made different choices as a younger person and would be married with lots more kiddos

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Very little! I mean, I've made a lot of choices in my life and made a lot of what I, at the time, had assumed were choices that shaped my future, but now looking at where I am, I realize it was ALL God's doing. Max is here because God wanted him here (for sure! ), the job I have was a gift from God, and for some reason I still haven't discovered, God moved me to Kansas.

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? This is tough! Like Nichole said, it's people I respect, and that makes it harder for me to assume I could easily jump to anger and defense. However, I truly believe I would stand up for my friend respectfully, like Alethia said, and question their reasoning. Hopefully, we could talk about it maturely, and I could explain to them that their crisicism was unjustified or unwarranted, or at least mitigate their feelings about my friend.

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Probably lots of things I cut my spaghetti, lots of people give me grief about that!

December 8th, 2011, 11:19 AM
~Constance~
30, pretty much my same age

I wouldn't worry so much about my health. It would make little difference how much I exercised and what or how much I ate. I wouldn't have to save so much money because there would be no retirement to save for. Traveling time! But mostly my life would be just the same. I might be a little more preachy. I live for the eternal so it doesn't matter whether I have 40 years on Earth or 100, eternity stretches on forever.
Well, God is ultimately in control so I'm tempted to say none. But He also lets me choose whether or not to follow his direction. So I don't know if the end result would have been the same whether I followed or whether I was dragged along kicking and screaming. What I do know is that one way leads to blessings and one way leads to turmoil. My life has been very blessed.
Defend her. I have a friend like this. 99% of the time she's a sweetheart. I try to give her a pass for occasional venting but if the talk continues I have to speak up. It's for her good that I want her to stop. Gossip is a poison that hurts the speaker too.
No swearing and no vulgar or crude language at all. It's to such a degree that I sometimes catch my ex-Navy DH saying things like "I'm going to powder my nose" and it cracks me up.
December 8th, 2011, 06:46 PM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you guess? 22, I just feel younger I guess b/c I was alot heavier when I was younger. Now that I am 31 I feel more energetic.

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Not get so angry over silly stuff so easily, not stress over the little things.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? As well as you can I suppose. I am a type A personality so I try to make whatever I want to happen since I am such a control freak

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? To be honest I can imagine myself just doing a silent agreement without joining in openly. If it got to crazy though I can also see myself going off the other end depending on how important it is I keep their respect LOL.

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? worry.
December 15th, 2011, 03:23 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
If you didn't know how old you are, how old would you guess? I think late 30's, Most people who see me with my kids are amazed that I'm only 32, or that all 5 are mine I always get that I don't look old enough, but people who know my family assume I'm older because I have a 16 yr old

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would stop worrying so much and just enjoy life. Stop wasting days, I waste days alot.

To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Alot. Rob has taken control financially but we've controlled most.

You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? I'd like to say I'd stand up for her, I guess to be honest it would depend on the situation because I am really wimpy

What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Parent! I don't know anyone in real life that parents as I do.
December 15th, 2011, 08:37 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Can I just say that, wow, these are some SUPER deep questions? LOL Or at least the answers I would put are... MUCH too long for a message board post.

Except the age one. Definitely older. Health isn't very good, but even online I often have people who are surprised at my age. I'll be 32 in Feb and I've had people thinking I was over 40 for probably half a dozen years or so. LOL

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search