Holiday Baking

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2011, 09:17 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It dawned on me in the wee hours of last night that I had better get started on my Holiday baking if I am going to get it done in time for gift giving. I generally try to give a small tray of cookies and what ever else I make to each of the neighbors and then take another large tray to Christmas.

If you are baking this year, what are you making? Who are the lucky recipients of your tasty treats?

If you have recipes that you are willing to share, please post them too!

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
December 7th, 2011, 09:20 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do baking, mostly the standards chocolate chip, sugar cookies, peanut blossoms (the ones with the Hershey kisses in the middle) and some no bakes too. I usually make a tray for DHs work and sometimes the neighbors and maybe daycare too.

here are 2 no bake recipes that are yum!

Cooks.com - Recipe - Special K Cookies (No-Bake)

Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies Recipe : : Food Network

Last edited by kimmiejo; December 7th, 2011 at 09:23 AM.
December 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
LOUSEE's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am doing brownies and cookies this year. Nothing major. I hate baking so....
December 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
I am going to revise my baking list this year. Partly to make things gluten free so I can eat them but also to make things dye free (so DS can eat them) and low sugar because my favorite neighbors are diabetic.

We generally make Walnut Coffee Cake Loaf (an old family recipe), Chocolate dipped shortbread, frosted sugar cookies, fudge, jam thumbprints and Mexican wedding cookies. We are also contemplating making a gingerbread house from scratch, but not sure we will get to that this year.

December 7th, 2011, 05:53 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will be making cookies and other treats that I can think of for the ladies at the daycare. Found out with all of the shake-up (new director) there are 23 ladies to do gifts for, so no cash gifts this year. They will be just choco chip, sugar, peanut butter, etc.
December 8th, 2011, 01:23 PM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last night I decided I wanted to do some baking next weekend when my father-in-law comes to visit. Also, give some to my sister and mother-in-law that are in town. Then I got to thinking today, maybe I could send some to my family through the mail. Is that possible? Or even safe to do that? I want to make some peanut butter fudge, a few different type of cookies and maybe some bread.

December 8th, 2011, 01:57 PM
I think you can send baked goods in the mail. My brother plans to do just that next week. I would think that if you used a Priority Mailer it would get there and still be good since Priority Mail is 2-3 business days. Maybe mark "fragile" on the box so they don't throw it around and make crumbs of your cookies.

December 10th, 2011, 06:07 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My MIL sends me the most awesome cookies every year!!!!!! And I am baking too, but I am not sure what, we will be trying to make divinity, but we always FAIL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search