tooth brushing

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What luck does everyone have with brushing teeth?? We have now have a toddler tooth brush and the toddler paste but Drake just kind of rubs it around in his mouth. And heaven forbid I try to take it from him to help, he freaks out! LOL.
December 8th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Easton does really well. He has also had a toodler tooth brush and paste for 9 months now. We brush our teeth at the same time. He did go through a phase where he wouldn't let me do it but then I started to let him brush my teeth and I would do his. I think if he is rubbing it around he is on a good start. Hopefully soon he will want to share it with you so you can give his pearly whites a good scrubbin'.

December 8th, 2011, 08:58 AM
yeah previous to the toddler brush we used this one that was plastic with this curved end and bristles on each side and it just seemed like it probably did better for him trying to do it himself. We lost it (or he did LOL)
December 8th, 2011, 09:02 AM
~Constance~
We're still using baby brushes and baby paste. Fairfax has 16 teeth and is a champ at brushing and letting us brush. Her sister was like Drake, she would freak out. Gag reflex plus being a control freak made it so hard. We usually had to hold her down to do it. :/
December 8th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We just started with a tooth brush. We brush (as best we can) then we let her chew on it. We did learn to kinda smash the toothpaste in to the bristles so she can't just eAt it off- which she would love to do!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 8th, 2011, 09:25 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I try to brush twice a day, but um...I'm usually doing well if I do it once a day. Mornings are hard. Plus, day care does it once or twice a day too. At home, he has a Snoopy toothbrush and baby toothpaste. Sometimes he's good about letting me brush his teeth, and somedays he has to do it himself. If he takes a bath in the evenings, we brush them then.

December 8th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Um, I've maybe brushed them a handful of times.
December 8th, 2011, 10:57 AM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
I try to brush Jessa's every night. She isn't do bad but I have to be fast.. I usually pull her lips down with one hand and scrub with the other. She uses the toddler toothpaste and toothbrush, then I let her "brush" her own teeth when I am done.
December 8th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepatch View Post
We're still using baby brushes and baby paste. Fairfax has 16 teeth and is a champ at brushing and letting us brush. Her sister was like Drake, she would freak out. Gag reflex plus being a control freak made it so hard. We usually had to hold her down to do it. :/
Yes, control freak, describes Drake exactly LOL!!
December 8th, 2011, 02:46 PM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I brush Gideon's every night. I brush them first and he is really good at holding his mouth open for it and then I give it to him bc he likes brushing them too. Really all he does is move the toothbrush around in the middle of his mouth and then chew on the bristles

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 8th, 2011, 02:51 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
December 8th, 2011, 04:28 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
For a while, Betsy started playing games with the toothbrush -- she wanted to do it herself, and then she would try to brush my teeth with her brush. I started thinking that she was associating the bathroom with the game (she was having fun watching herself in the mirror), so I started brushing her teeth in her room and she's super good about letting me do it now.
December 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 8th, 2011, 04:39 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I am not the best at getting Gav's teeth brushed but everytime I i hold up his toothbrush Gavin giggles and comes running!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 9th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know if it is called brushing . He doesn't really let me do it well and he is not interested on doing it himself.

December 10th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Kierson won't let me brush his teeth so I usually put a small dab of toothpaste on a toothbrush, and let him chew on it. Not sure how well it works!

December 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well after learning this morning that Nathan has 3 pin hole sized cavities I think we'll be making more effort to brush ALL of their teeth!

The dentist and hygeniest both said that with his genetics (I have lots of cavities) and the near non existant space between his teeth that it was more of a matter of WHEN he'd get them vs IF he'd get them, but I still feel guilty.
December 10th, 2011, 04:17 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We got a bit off track on brushing He used to let me do it and then he'd take the brush and chew it until I finally took it away and he freaked. Now he doesn't want me to do it at all he wants to but he just chews it for a second, tries to play with the brush (today he was sticking it in his shoe) and then screams when I take it away.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search