Who wakes up first?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Max n Meghan's Mom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Who wakes up first in your home, you or your child(ren)? Do you use an alarm clock, wake naturally or use your kid(s) as your alarm? What time do you wake?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy, *Kiliki*!Visit My Blog

December 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
Who wakes up first in your home, you or your child(ren)? Peyton

Do you use an alarm clock, wake naturally or use your kid(s) as your alarm? Everyday but Saturday I use Peyton. On Saturday's I have to work in the morning so I have to use an alarm clock.

What time do you wake? I would say on average about 9am is when Peyton wakes me up. Today was a fluke and Peyton slept until 10:30am! Which was awesome but when I woke up and saw the time I've never jumped out of bed so fast to go check on her because I just couldn't believe that she was still sleeping! I guess she's just her mother's daughter We are not morning people!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 9th, 2011, 09:56 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
Liam usually wakes me up between 4-6 am to eat, but will go right back to sleep. DH wakes up at 5:20 by alarm. Next is me by alarm at 7am and I go wake up my oldest DD to get ready for school. I bring Liam down stairs with me, sometimes he goes back to sleep. And Right now Livi's schedule is waking up between 7:45 and 8:30 am.

On the week-ends. The first to wake up is Liam 4-6 to eat but will go back to sleep until 8-9 a.m. Oldest DD gets up at about 7:30-8 on her own and gets up and watches TV. Livi usually wakes at about 8am and DH gets up with her. Me and Liam usually come out at about 9am.

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 10:30 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Lately DH getting home from work at about 7:15 is what wakes us all up. Most mornings I wake up when I hear the deadbolt turn because it sticks. If he doesn't wake me and Kolbie up then usually Kaija will at about the same time. Kolbie has been waking up around 5 and coming to bed with me (which is better than between 1 and 3!). Some mornings we have to wake her up so DH can go to bed, like today. We get up at the same time everyday. DH and I work such weird schedules that we rarely have a true "weekend" like most other people.
December 9th, 2011, 10:51 AM
sandpaper06's Avatar Mom of 3 darlings
Lauren usually wakes up screaming around 4, and comes to be with us. DH wakes up around 7:30 or 8 to get to work by internal clock? Kids will typically sleep til around 9, although 10:30 is not uncommon either.
Caroline - November '12

December 9th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Who wakes up first in your home, you or your child(ren)? DH wakes around 6ish right now to get to work by 7. Then, Lily usually is up around 8/830 and Vi around 9/930.

Do you use an alarm clock, wake naturally or use your kid(s) as your alarm? I usually just wake up whenever Lily comes into my room when she wakes up. Sometimes, she just goes downstairs to spend time with my parents and then I wake when Vi wakes up, or around 845/9 naturally

What time do you wake? Usually between 8/830

December 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much either me or Jaxon. His clock seems to be insync with mine.

December 9th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Okay, so this is kind of weird i know...

Dh gets up for work at 5, which is when i temp then i go wake M up, give him a cup and change his diaper and put him back in bed... if i do this, he'll sleep until about 830 sometimes later. If i let him sleep on his own he'll sleep until about 730. Its worth getting up for 15 minutes at 5 to buy myself an extra hour plus of sleep. Somtimes he comes to bed with me other times he's in his bed.

I get up at 630 mwf to wait for baby B to get here and if Michael is asleep i lay on the couch and doze bec/ he goes to sleep also.

On dh's off days one day i get to sleep in, one day i get up normal time either at 5 since i'm up temping anyway or just let him sleep until he gets up... depends on my mood that day

December 9th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Dh gets up shortly after 4. My dd gets up at about 5:30. My alarm wakes me up at 6:45. My dd turns the xbox on, gets into netfilx, and turns on cartoons for her and ds who wakes up at 6. On the weekends dh gets up with the kids.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

December 10th, 2011, 05:30 AM
LisaBrown's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
From M-F I wake up by my alarm at 5:30 unless I actually woke up on my own earlier which happens a lot. I'm usually up around 5 or 5:30. I get myself ready and DH gets up around 6:30 and wakes Didi up and we're all getting ready together. I'm usually mostly ready so I'll give her breakfast and chage her diaper and get her daycare bag ready. Sometimes she'll come and hang out in the bathroom and watch me put the last of my makeup on or finish my hair or whatever I need to finish up. By the time I need to leave at 7 DH is ready so he gets her dressed and takes her to daycare around 7:30 and then goes in to work for 8. Our M-F schedule is very routine.

On weekends I'm usually still up between 5 and 6 on my own so I like to come downstairs and spend time on the computer, clean up a little and enjoy my coffee before DH and Didi get up. If I'm extra tired, I might sleep in until Didi wakes me up around 7 or 8. DH usually gets up when Didi gets up and we start our day with a big breakfast together on weekends.

Didi and I are definitely early birds. We both go to bed early and wake up early on our own. DH likes to go to bed a little later and can usually sleep in a bit more than I can, but he's sort of adjusted to the way things are now and he's much more of an early riser than he used to be.

December 10th, 2011, 09:02 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
M-F, me or DH are up first. Mondays and Wednesdays, I get up at 4:42 to run. Tuesdays and Thursdays, DH's alarm goes off at 5 for him to go workout in the basement for 30 minutes. More often than not, he snoozes and skips working out. During the week, DH gets in the shower at 5:30. Abri wakes up to nurse around 5:45 and then I get out of bed at 6 to get ready for work. We have to use an alarm clock during the week.

On the weekends, we let the girls wake us up. Lately it's been Lily that wakes up first around 6:45. We know she's up when the dog comes running down the steps and jumps into bed with us. Lily comes in a few minutes later. She's not quiet so that means Abri is up soon after

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search