Holiday Chit Chat Thread

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2011, 11:23 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I know we're all getting crazy busy right now with the Holidays so I thought it might be nice to just have a thread where you can post whatever you want, without having to necessarily start a new thread if you don't want to.

Soooo... anything that crosses your mind, post it here!!
December 9th, 2011, 11:43 AM
CanadianLou's Avatar Laura - mom of 3
I still have a lot of shopping to do....and my calender is filling up. Crazy thing is. One year I had all my xmas shopping done in Nov and I felt all depressed in Dec because I wasn't going crazy...so I'll be sure to enjoy the craziness! hahaha

Thank you Meganpixel for the most fantastic siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cannot believe it's December 9 already...what?!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

December 9th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmm, lets see what i've got going on... I am GREAT at random thoughts. My December is so boring since i've been one shopping since November! I keep wanting to buy more presents just bec/ i can and i'm bored! Ha. I spent a ton of money on my niece, whos only 2 months old and then i felt bad bec/ i spent so much more on her then my other niece (whos 16 months) so i had to buy my other niece something else, okay, i know i didnt HAVE too but i didnt want my niece to feel like i like my sisters baby more or something. So i got her a cute Mellssa and Doug picnic basket which will work good bec/ shes getting a kitchen from one of her grandparents. M & My step daughters stuff is all here and has been wrapped for a couple weeks. My moms present is done... my sisters is not. I need to do something else to decorate part of her present (shes on JM, and i doubt she stalks me but im not gonna say what it is just in case) but i dont know what. And i need to finish up making something small to go with it that i just added bec/ i'm not thrilled with the other gift. BIL, DH, & everyone else are all done. The only thing I can't get is my nieces Flip diaper (and two diapers for M) bec/ i'm waiting for the new colors and patterns... so oh well my niece will be getting an IOU. I also got her a sleepers, a few outfits, baby legs, a rattle and something else i can't think off so i think she'll be fine without her diaper for now. I did order him his BG 4.0 in Mirror, hopefully that comes today i'm excited to see the pretty color

I just want to add that i think dh is being so funny this year. He used to hate Christmas, VERY "blah" about it, i guess bec/ he didnt live with his daughter in the house with him? I dunno but he's suddenly turned into an Elf this year and has become a crazy baker and one of his friends gave him a ton of Christmas lights to put up, i'm like... wha? who are you?

...I'm really just hangin out with nothing to do until we leave for my Moms on the 21st!

December 9th, 2011, 12:30 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I decided to be all crafty and make nightgowns for the girls this year. Kaija's is just about done, I messed up the ruffle for the hem so I need to add that when I finish Kolbie's. Luckily they go together really easily! I have to piece together my sister's gift tonight, it's a bunch of straight stitches but it's patchwork in a pattern so I have to make sure I get it right. THEN! I got one of those felt stocking kits for Kolbie and I pretty much haven't touched it in a week. I've got most of the pieces cut and 1 of 5 cardinals assembled. I should be doing that right now...oops!
December 9th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just tired. I've pretty much finished all of the Christmas shopping. Just need to get a few gift cards to stick in with DH's nieces/nephews gifts for an extra. I need to plan our Christmas menu too...we're doing the big dinner on Christmas Eve. Right now, I'm leaning towards making a prime rib and a ham.

And I'm incredibly nervous right now because it's 6 days until the big ultrasound! DH told me he's already decided it's a girl, and that way if it is a boy then he'll be surprised, but he won't be disappointed at all if it's a girl, because that's what he's told himself I just keep flashing back to after the u/s with Vi when I was bawling and saying "sorry" to DH over and over because I knew he wanted a boy so bad.

December 9th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i need more days in December that is how I feel
December 9th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm almost done with gifts and stuff...I have a babysitter coming to hang with Rachel on sunday so Cole and I can finish christmas shopping and then that should be it and I can start getting my bake on! it's probably just us for Christmas, I might invit some friends over for dinner or something but my inlaws are coming on the 28th through new years so we might go out on new years eve...we will see.

Oh Shelley that's so exciting that your big ultrasound is so soon!
December 9th, 2011, 02:10 PM
JaxonsMom2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am running out of time to finish up the scarves I am making for hubby's nieces!!! I can't believe it is already December 9!!

Good note - I got an unexpected Christmas bonus today!!! Shopping tomorrow here I come!

December 10th, 2011, 12:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We were planning on decorating the big guest room as the room for the girls to share and make that their big gift for Christmas. Well it's December 10th and we've done nothing on it. The room still isn't cleared out, not painted, fabric for dust ruffles and curtains not bought nor sewn, the beds are still in my parents' garage. DH says that he's still planning on painting, but he had to work today and then later judge a parade, and then tomorrow he's got the girls while I do volunteer work. I don't have time to do anything during the week anymore now that I'm working. I feel totally swamped. I want to just ignore Christmas this year.
December 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Racine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry Courtney That sounds like a ton of work, even if you had a lot of time to devote to it! Don't put pressure on yourself to get it done by Christmas....your girls will love it whenever you are able to complete it.

Dan and I spent the morning shopping while the boys hung out at his parents, and then I went out this afternoon by myself to finish things up and it was complete chaos out there! I could not believe it, people were ignoring traffic lights, there were no carts at any of the stores and most places were either completely or mostly sold out of almost everything. Absolutely nuts. I'm not going shopping again for a VERY long time, and I love to shop!

Thank you, Meganpixel, for my awesome siggy!

December 10th, 2011, 06:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugggggh... so when someone says they want to get your kids "a little something" that kinda means you have to get their kid something as well right? My best friend asked me today so now i gotta get her son something! Luckily my husband thinks like an 8 year old boy so we should be able to come up with something!

December 10th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
If I know someone is getting my girls a gift, then yes, I make sure I have a gift for their kids as well

December 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
krissy1989's Avatar is loving her two boys!
I'm sorry, Courtney; that's a lot on anyone's mind! I agree with Racine that you shouldn't put pressure on yourself over completing such a big project by Christmas.

LoveLove
Love
LUV LOVE YOU!!
December 11th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
If I know someone is getting my girls a gift, then yes, I make sure I have a gift for their kids as well
Thats what i figured, good thing i have some swagbucks i can cash out! Haha

December 12th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I still have practically EVERYONE to shop for still! I plan to get it all done (except my mom because I will be shopping with her) this Sunday.

I do have just a couple gifts already but don't have them wrapped and under the tree because I'm afraid Peyton will just unwrap them. Do you ladies have gifts wrapped under your tree already? And do your toddlers try and get into them??

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 12th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Michael can't get t our tree. We have a "open concept" first floor with living and dining room open to each other but he's gated in the living part and the tree is in between the rooms. When he is on the other side of the room he's so excited to be sprung from baby jail he either runs up and down the hall or goes straight to the tv/game systems and messes with those, lol.

Last edited by Sam914; December 12th, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
December 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
All of the presents (besides the ones from Santa) are under the tree. DH put a gate up around the tree this year though because we've had so many little babies over to play. But before that the girls left the presents alone anyway.

December 12th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OH duh, didnt answer the question... we have presents for everyone else under the tree but since ours all come from Santa we dont have ours out yet. I think it makes it more exciting for the kids to all of a sudden see a ton under there in the AM (we wont be at our house anyway, but my mom does the same)

And okay now i am all the way done buying. Ordering the last minute gift for my friends son and got something for M's speech teacher today. I also had the fabulous idea to pack up all of the presents we are taking with us in a big rubbermaid container ... genius for several reasons a) SDD wont see that there are a ton of gifts in the car, b) the wrapping wont get all messed up in the car c) we have a container to bring everything back home in when its all taken out of boxes and played with and d) i needed a nice container to keep my decorations in anyway! ... pretty impressed with myself, lol

December 12th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Shantastic27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shelley, just tell dh it's his fault if it's another girl...his girl swimmers must be stronger than his boys ;-).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search