Is my Molly sick?

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are on day 3 of diarrhea. Like lite yellow in color, blowing out the diaper. Sometimes it soaks right in the diaper, other times it's gooey. She doesn't seemed bothered, eating and drinking normal. Haven't done anything new with her diet... She actually giggled as she was going last night. It's quite loud so we know. Very strong smell too. Just not her normal poop at all... Should I call her dr or is 3 days not enough time to call dr? She has only been sick once and while I don't think she is sick, I'm just new at all this.

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 12th, 2011, 04:56 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
as long as she is taking in LOTS of fluids I would let it run its course for a few more days. the main concern is dehydration, if she starts not drinking well i would for sure take her in.

Can you call the dr and just ask without going in?

Hope she is ok!!!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 12th, 2011, 06:26 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Poor little girl!!! Didn't someone mention a while ago that her sweetpea had something called "toddler diarrhea"? I found a link that's very scientific sounding, but it sounds like what's going on with Molly: Toddler Diarrhea

Betsy has some poop issues -- as in, the girl poops several times a day (never really diarrhea, but not always super solid, more like a paste). I've started giving her more yogurt and bananas and that's starting to firm up her stool.

I'm a big believer in "when in doubt, call the doc" -- gives you peace of mind. But I agree with Callie -- dehydration is the biggest worry, so as long as she's getting enough to drink, she should be alright. Good luck -- hope she feels better!
December 12th, 2011, 07:18 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Is she cutting a molar?? I know sometimes in the past Eli's stool changes have been related to teeth cutting through.
Like the others said, the only concern is dehydration. So if she is acting normal and still eating/drinking normally, I wouldn't worry and the doc can't do anything for it anyway so save your co-pay

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I just have to agree with everyone else And I hope that it lets up soon!

December 12th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She has already cut a few molars and we haven't had issues but maybe it different with every tooth? I'll look up that toddler diarrhea. I threw out the milk she has been drinking. She poops within 30 minutes of milk, so I wondered if something was wrong with (smelled fine and didn't expire til the 19th) but I thought I'd try it. Thanks for the suggestions!! Hopefully it will pass. She has had such issue with diaper rash and so far we have steered clear of the start of it. I'm gooping her up with cream to prevent... Just glad she doesn't seemed bothered (ESP now that my husband has been throwing up all evening! )

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 13th, 2011, 05:12 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I agree with the other girls. Let it run it's course as long as she is drinking ok. If it continues for a few more days, I might just call the doc and see what they think. Hope it resolves and your hubby feels better

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 06:11 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Aww poor girl...Grace goes through this now and again too. I agree with everyone else though, just keep her hydrated and hope it passes quickly!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search