Anxious Moms Anonymous

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Do you check your LO's breathing while s/he sleeps? (elaborate below)
Yes 22 66.67%
No 11 33.33%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2011, 07:13 PM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
Okay, I seriously thought I was the only weirdo who does this til Courtney posted on facebook about it. Now I need to know how many of us are compulsive breathing-checkers...

Do you check if your child is still breathing when they are sleeping, still at 15/16 months?

I check during naps AND night time. I will check right before I go to bed and if I wake up in the middle of the night I check too. It's worse/more frequent when he is sick.
I even have a video monitor... and I still have to go INTO his room and feel his chest moving!

DH thinks I am a FREAK!!

So who else?

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
December 12th, 2011, 07:19 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Ditto to all of what you posted!

and I still check on Logan after he has been quiet for awhile in his room, (when i think he has gone to sleep), and I check on him before I go to sleep... if i ever get in bed without checking I always get up again to go check

at daycare i keep checking all that all their chest are rising and falling during nap time (all the kids sleep in the classroom)

I think my mom would still check on me before bed til I was quite a bit older than Logan is now

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 12th, 2011, 07:20 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Dear Daniel,

Kelli is NOT a freak. Or if she is, then she is in good company.

Signed,

The JM Mommies

I check Max's breathing at least 2 or 3 times before I go to bed. Then, I check it if I wake up at night, too. On the weekends, I've even started bringing him in to my bed some times because 1. I want to make sure he is okay and 2. I want to make sure no one is sneaking into his window I also check his breathing at nap times on weekends.

December 12th, 2011, 07:27 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
We are all freaks! maybe we need a blinkie!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 12th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
At 14.5 months I typically haven't because when I have, Teresa wakes up and then that's not pretty. I especially wanted to do it when we were letting her CIO some. I tried to listen at her door though.
December 12th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh gosh- I guess I won't be winning mother of the year! Molly used the angel care monitor til She was about 9m then it started going off ALL the time. We even went and saw a pediatric pulmonogist. Everything checked out and we stopped using the monitor. I never really check on her any more.

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 12th, 2011, 09:49 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Add me to the list! I check his breathing every night before I go to bed and I drape the blanket back over him even though I know he'll kick it off Same goes for if I wake up in the middle of the night.

At nap time I like to rock him to sleep then lay him down and sometimes I stay in the room and mess around on the laptop or read. If I leave his room to clean house or whatever and an hour goes by and I can see on the monitor that he's still laying in the same position, I'll go in and check him. He usually moves around so much that right as I start to get worried I see him twitch an arm roll over

December 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
I check all 3 kids before going to bed and everytime Jessa wakes up at night which is still 2-3 times a night I tuck her back in and go check her brothers. If I wake up to pee in the middle of the night I still go check all of them. I can't go back to sleep until I do. Lol
December 13th, 2011, 03:00 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I need to make sure I see and hear Betsy breathing. I'll check her a bunch of times before going to bed and sometimes in the middle of the night if I wake up. Good to know I'm not the only one!
December 13th, 2011, 04:12 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
I try not to touch Char and will stand there for a few minutes until I can visably reaasure myself that that is her chest rising Every once in a while I was check by putting my hand on her, but like Kris, sometimes that backfires I still check on Jake too
December 13th, 2011, 05:09 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I don't check on Jack most nights unless he is sick or if I hear him cough or something and then quiet. Sometimes he hears me when I open his door so I try to just crack the door a little and wait to either hear him sigh or stare at him until I'm assured he's moving or breathing. I just recently stopped checking on Carter (but I would go in and feel his forehead because of my extreme anxiety about fevers and vomit at night) *blush*

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
December 13th, 2011, 06:10 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still Check on DS and i check DD - usually before i go to bed and then when i wake up in the middle of the night - if they're sick my mommy alarm clock usually wakes me up a few times to check on them i do the nap time check too ... especially when Kaylee is napping for more than 5 minutes - which is her norm

on Amy's letter to D
December 13th, 2011, 06:15 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Well, I checked no because I don't HAVE to do it, kwim? If she is sick or been sleeping a long time, which ISN'T normal , then I will check her. Otherwise, I don't risk waking the beast!!
December 13th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
I am a NO checker If the door opens Rogan is disterbed.

Thank You tasha_mae

December 13th, 2011, 06:52 AM
MonkeyBugMommy's Avatar Brooke
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBugMommy
I'm a checker, but I may also be a freak because, get this, I even check the ANIMALS!

If the dogs or cats are sleeping and are totally zonked out, I will stare at them to make sure I can see them breathing.. Sometimes it takes a while for me to convince myself that I'm seeing the rise and fall from their breaths. Even weirder yet, I sometimes get scared that my oscar (fish) is dead if he's sitting too still or sleeping, so I mess around with the tank to make him move. There you have it - I'm insane!
December 13th, 2011, 06:57 AM
^^Aww, that's cute brooke!!!
December 13th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Kierson is usually in bed with me, so its really easy to check and know with him. Although, if he hasn't moved much or made very many noises, then I will check. Usually he is fine!

I also still check on Ellie.

December 13th, 2011, 07:25 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Brooke!

No, I don't check unless he's sick or sleeps past 11:30am.

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 13th, 2011, 07:39 AM
^^ Sleeps past 11:30....in my dreams!!! I need to check if she sleeps past 6:00!!!
December 13th, 2011, 07:48 AM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Every night before I goto bed, I check that both kids are still sleeping well and breathing and give them a pat or a kiss. I'll probably do it until they move out. It's not that I'm paranoid all the time, I just enjoy seeing them asleep and peaceful

If one is sick, I obviously check on them more often through the night.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search