26 week appt (OT obviously)

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2011, 09:02 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, today I had my 1 hour GTT. I really hate that drink. And I'm a little worried about failing because 1. I failed last time, 2. I'm higher risk for GD with twins and 3. I felt so, so sick afterwards and still have yet to recover from that feeling. They also did the hemoglobin test. I'm assuming I'll hear from them tomorrow if either is a problem.
Urine was normal, blood pressure good, weight good, etc. I am measuring 35 weeks! No wonder I feel so horrible! With all of my other babies, I was measuring just 1 week ahead. I now start with 2 week visits. Fun! Also, MFM wants me to do a 24 hour urine collection so I had to go over to the hospital to pick up my big orange jug. I'm supposed to start that tomorrow. And then when I drop it off, I will have blood taken as well. This pregnancy has been fine but last 2 pregnancies, I ended up with high blood pressure so I guess they're just making sure.
I also signed my tubal consent. It has to be signed 2 months prior to the procedure so I wanted to make sure that was done. To be honest, I felt a little pang of sadness as I signed it. I really have no desire for more kids so it doesn't make sense. Maybe just the end of an era type thing. Now let's just hope that these babies stay cooking until at least February 13 if I end up needing a c-section. If I deliver vaginally, I don't really care. Dh will be on his way for the big V then.

December 13th, 2011, 09:36 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a good appointment! Sorry about "the drink" it always made me feel sick too. You're carrying 2 babies .. so that's double the weight in there - i can't imagine how much more wearing it is. I know my mom was worn out with 2 toddler and then carrying my brother and i at the same time. Make sure to take it easy when you can.
December 13th, 2011, 09:37 AM
stephanieaehenley's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Skype™ to stephanieaehenley
fingers crossed that you pass your 1 hour test , good to hear everything else seems to be good
December 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
The thing is that I've only gained 5 lbs so far. But yeah, it's a lot of weight out front. I'm thinking about trying to sneak a nap in today. I can't believe how exhausted I've been lately. 9 hours of sleep last night and I feel like I could sleep the rest of today.

December 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Sounds like it's going well! Everyone is healthy, growing, and doing great! What a blessing

December 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
5 lbs? Wow, I gained that just by looking at my Sounds like you are doing great..sorry you feel so sick. That always made me feel horrible too, hope it wears off soon!! I can understand the sadness with the tubal, I'm sure no matter how many kids you have, it's a major decision. Hopefully, you'll go vaginally and you can make dh endure some pain!
December 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SavedbyGrace~ View Post
Hopefully, you'll go vaginally and you can make dh endure some pain!
Haha, it's about time it's his turn, right? We just need these babies to TURN already! Really don't want a c-section!

December 13th, 2011, 02:07 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Here's to hoping for a V-Day! (vag delivery and his big V ) I hope those babies turn for you!!

I can't believe you've only gained 5 pounds. I'm sooooo jealous. I've no idea where I am now, but it's well over 5 Oh well! FX that you also pass the GTT!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
Wow! It's going quick! Only 10 more weeks or so I guess? Exciting!

December 13th, 2011, 06:30 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I don't know how you're doing it Kim, being preggo with twins and having a toddler to chase after, you're awesome Fingers crossed all your results come back fantastic and crossed for a V-day

December 13th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are a super woman! My February you will be measuring.. what 46 weeks.. my lord!!! You deserve a trophy! WTG momma! Take care of those babes. Sorry about feeing down about the tubes. Take your time to get used to the idea.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search