**Updated** I need hair help please!! :) O/T

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 15th, 2011, 11:27 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Okay, I haven't gone and got my hair "did" in a long time. I am going today later so I'm really nervous on what to do. I am going GRAY big time..so I really think I'd like to start adding highlights back in, because they hide it much better. But, I don't want streaky looking high lights, so I'm not sure what to ask for. Also, my hair is the longest its ever been, but has NO body. And it get's so tangled up it takes like 45 minutes to brush out before I shower sometimes.

So...here is my ugly hair right now:

Here is what my hair feels like right now:

Here is a previous "highlight" job....this is what I DON'T want, to streaky:

I like both of these cuts a lot, I just don't know if my hair could pull it off, I have very fine hair:

My fave cut:

This maybe more what it would end up looking like I think, which I like to:

And here is the color I want....do you think it's possible and what would I ask for???

So...do you think I could pull off either of those cuts...and what do I ask for as far as the cut and especially the color?

Last edited by ~SavedbyGrace~; December 16th, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
December 15th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Super Mommy
Well, I am probably not much help, as I think your hair is pretty just as it is! Really! I think any of the new hair cuts would look good too though. Personally, I like the first one best and I think it would look good on you too. I don't know anything about color though, as I have never colored my hair. I don't think you can go wrong with the cuts though. I would just bring in the pictures.

December 15th, 2011, 12:11 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I love it!! I have really fine hair, too, and it's so hard But I think the style you picked would be great with your hair. As far as the color, I think what you want is lowlights? I would take the pictures with you (even if you just have them on your phone, I've had to do that before ) so you can show the stylist.

AND...how your hair feels is how mine feels today too. I had to go buy a headband at lunch today because it keeps sticking to my face and frizzing out.

AND...You're so pretty!

December 15th, 2011, 12:13 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I wish I had your nice straight hair You can definitely pull off either of the cuts!! I think I like the first one a tiny bit more. I don't know anything about color but I would for sure bring in the pictures to give them a visual guide anyway.

December 15th, 2011, 12:21 PM
~Constance~
I think your hair looks great as is too. I prefer the natural look with grays. Highlights always look streaky to me, even when the big name stylist do them. Bottled color never looks like real color.
I think you should chop it like Anne H's but leave your color alone.
December 15th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks girls....Coetta...I don't have nice straight hair...it's a frizzy curly mess...I just usually straighten it. Although I'm quite lazy anymore and usually just air dry it! But I'm sick of looking like slob!!

I think I like heidi klum's hair the best for sure...i just don't know if it'll be too short?!
December 15th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Constance, I prefer the natural look with gray hair on someone more age appropriate. I'm 32, not 52. It just really really makes me feel old, and it's not helping the self esteem at all. And I'm talking it's like 85-90% gray in the front, and less as it moves back on my head. I have bottle on my hair right now so it's the roots that are coming in gray. I hate bottled color too...I don't know what to do!!!
December 15th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I say go for the 'do in the pic of how your hair feels today. You could hang some ornaments andtinsel in it and be festive.

Seriously though, I am no help in the hair department. Mine is in a pony tail 99.9% of the time I am awake.
December 15th, 2011, 02:00 PM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
I love the Heidi cut! Low lights, honey coloured. I always bring pictures or show them on my iphone!!!
BTW you are gorgeous!
December 15th, 2011, 02:11 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Ditto to Trisha
December 15th, 2011, 03:01 PM
WomanInTheMoon's Avatar Courtney
What Trisha said.

And I've decided I hate you. You're way to gorgeous.

December 15th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Your hair is pretty now, sorry I just had to agree with others. I think you look great with dark and with blond hair and you will look great with your favorite color. Seems like you are going to have go color the whole heard to avoid streaks. I think the shortest cut will look great on you and will make a big enough difference to notice. It will all grow back I really want to see what final outcome is like!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
December 15th, 2011, 08:39 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
love the first one - but any of them will look awesome on you
December 15th, 2011, 09:17 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm with everyone else... You are gorgeous, Nichole!!! I think the color is rich and the highlights are very subtle and natural looking. Really pretty choice!

Both cuts are nice. I have no idea how to fix hair, so I don't know what either would entail (thus my love of ponytails). Sigh.

I like Kris' idea, though... go with how your hair feels and let your kids decorate it with tinsel and ornaments. You may even get a cardinal to nest in it for the true winter effect

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 16th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious to see how it turned out. I was going to add low lights typically make hair darker, so a highlight in honey or caramel (as mentione) would be the route to go I think) I have very dark hair too so the only thing I've been able to do is low lights for demension. But I hope you were able to show them the pictures of both the style and color bc that way she would have a clear understanding of what u wanted without getting caught up in theword jargon!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 16th, 2011, 07:23 AM
whitehouse's Avatar My name is Kelli :)
I missed this I would have said the Heidi too! Love that cut!
Can't wait to see how it turned out!!

.fearfully and wonderfully made.
eli grey // jude lawrence
forever loving Finley
December 16th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks a lot Kelli for no input....I didn't know what to do so I went for how my hair felt yesterday instead, thanks Kris!

Okay, here is how it turned out...I kind of chickened out when she told me how much she would be cutting off for the Heidi look....so we just went for a longer layered look and the carmel/honey high and lowlights. I am really pleased with it all...which is a first for me after a hair appointment!

These pictures are from this morning, so it's a slept on hairdo with a quick brush and spray...which is perfect for me!

Looking at these pictures, it seems I went in and asked for the "Rachel" Just a decade too late Nichole!! I can blow it under too, and it looks more like the "heidi" only longer.

December 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
LOVE IT!!! Very flattering on you, Nichole! Super cute hair cut and the color is perfect. Your stylist did a great job!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Really cute!! I love it!! You are too cute! Must be the season for chopping hair, my BFF got 24" cut off hers yesterday. I have that much too but I'm too chicken lol

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 16th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It looks great! Adam owes his hottie wife a night out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search