Father in law help

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2011, 06:22 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
What are you all getting for the father in laws for Christmas????? We go through this every year; what do you get the person who has everything?
December 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM
VeronicaBride's Avatar Jen
This year we are giving the inlaws a restaurant gift card and we had a photo book made of Hudson's first year (they have one from Averys first year that they love). Last year we got them tickets to a play and they loved that. FIL always asks that I bake for his too. He loves my peanut brittle.

December 17th, 2011, 07:20 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When FIL was alive we actually did dollar store exchange with the adults - because face it if he wanted it they could get it so the dollar store exchange was a fun way to not spend much and do something fun/funny. we also did a goodwill exchange one year to find something super unique/funny. It was always a really fun time of the holidays were we got some good laughs in.

(i did also give them a a grandparent brag every year)
December 17th, 2011, 08:06 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No FIL here, but I got my own dad a bird house with a clear back and suction cups. You sick it on the window and you can see the birds in there My parents have a big window that looks out to their back yard. It's right by their dining room table, and they have a clear bird feeder on there already. My dad loves to watch the birds come up to the bird feeder, so I figured it would be a cool addition.

Unfortunately, I JUST found out that Mythbusters are doing a tour and are in Michigan twice. Ugh! I would have absolutely gotten him tickets to that instead.

December 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
My FIL (both FIL and MIL) are so hard to buy for. We get him books, navy stuff, gun stuff... but this year we are just paying for their stay on our trip to AZ (they are coming with us). I never know what to get them. DH is NO help. NONE. He didn't even send his mom a card or anything for her birthday yesterday, so I'm going to order her a plant/flower. I don't care if he says she has too many.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 17th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We got them a restaurant gift card, ordered him stuffed sole from Omaha Steaks (he LOVES it and used to order it from Schwans, but they stopped carrying it, then I found it at OS), a big ole assortment of goodies I made, a calendar of the kids (more for MIL though, don't think he'll care too much about that one ). THen just yesterday we got a flyer for a local theater that will be having an Organ Extravaganza concert in April, so I think w're going to get them tickets for that too. That's probably not a lot of help, sorry!

Hey Amy, FYI, There is going to be a special Mythbusters Exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago from March-Sept (I think).
December 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Ok good ideas. Last year we got them tickets to see the Celtic women which they lOve. They love Texas de brazil so maybe I'll get a gift card from there. He has a huge salt water tank. Wonder if the big fish store they love does gift cards... Thanks ladies as always!!!

Last edited by J9+J+C=Complete; December 17th, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
December 17th, 2011, 11:42 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
They are certainly hard to buy for unless they give you some ideas!! I got my FIL a new wallet, a dress belt, some channel pliers, new screwdriver set and a Sears gift card...without his ideas I would've been lost.

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
DH usually handles his dad's gift, so I don't have to worry about it too much. I think this year he's giving his dad some money to go towards a new TV. I did order him a Betsy photomug, so she'll give him that.

Sometimes, we'll do charity donations in our relatives' names. It solves the problem of giving a meaningful gift for the person who already has everything.
December 17th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We have problems buying for the inlaws too. My parents farm as do we, so you can alway buy the men tools. Sooner or later they lose or brack them.

December 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kris~ View Post
Hey Amy, FYI, There is going to be a special Mythbusters Exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago from March-Sept (I think).
Awesome!! Thanks for the tip Maybe I can get my parents to meet me in Chicago over the summer!

December 19th, 2011, 10:24 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
I am giving both my father in law and his wife silhouette portraits of the boys (and their other grandson). It is a DIY project on pinterest. I hope they like it!

December 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
one father in law got golf balls/tees/towel and the other we got a organic tea gift basket.... he is always drinking green tea

we don't do much for them but that is how all the gifts are in my dh's family. It always seems werid cus my family we do so much more

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search