Kaylee update x posted FB

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2011, 02:59 PM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love you ladies so much and am so blessed to know you, thank you so much for all the thoughts and prayers - i know it helped make a difference. You are all so amazing! Here is Kaylee's Update that i posted in the FB group:

I wanted to take a minute to thank you ladies so so so much for all your thoughts and prayers for Kaylee!! She was at the top of about a 4 foot slide and jumped off the top ... landing on her head -- i wasn't there when it happened - it was at our fitness centers gym kids area, they paged me immediately - her bump wasn't too super huge of an egg (lil B's had bigger) and there wasn't too much bruising (but you could see the spot she hit and the bruising was pretty far spread - going down her temple area) but she grew increasingly fusser and fusser and even with Tylenol and Motrin wasn't feeling better, either that or she was in a hard sleep. I called the ped who had me take her to the hospital because of her reaction and the height of the fall. As soon as we got there the staff was concerned because she wasn't crying/screaming she was in that hard sleep but her blood pressure was very high along with high heart rate. They put on the heart rate monitors on her chest etc and did 5 minute blood pressure checks, they also gave her some pain med. I met with 2 different doctors and we did a ct ... which she wasn't happy about - but the only time i think i can say i loved Barney and his barney song was then because it helped to lay still so they didn't have to sedate her or anything (yeay!) The CT and xray were that there was no brain bleed or brain bruising or skull fracture (which they were worried about an 'indent' one (i think that's what they said .. it was a long day) She however did bruise her skull bone where the impact point occurred, so we're keeping our peepers on her. They did do some extra watch on her because of her high bp and heart rate and even with a skull bruise they worry about the brain having had a shake in the skull. I feel so so so so so lucky and blessed that Kaylee is ok from a fall that height at her age on her head. My sweet crazy girl. She's still sleeping a lot and still needing tylenol and motrin but has given us some smiles and kisses and giggles and walked around trying to play a bit. Hopefully she'll be back to her crazy self soon (i'm sure she will be)

In addition she will be having some follow-up appts with her pediatrician - to check her out and make sure she's still doing ok - along with blood pressure and heart rate re-checks because her pain response spiked them so much they do want to make sure there isn't anything else going on.

Again, i can't thank everyone enough for your thoughts and prayers! So blessed.
December 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
J9+J+C=Complete's Avatar Charlotte & Jacob's Mommy
Oh thank goodness alethia!
December 18th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How terrifying! I am glad she is doing better-giving kisses, etc- and I am glad they will be watching her for the next few weeks.

What did the child care say? I know accidents can happen quickly, but you'd think a slide would have someone supervising it fairly closely. We have tubes/tunnels/slide at our area and they always have a person posted at the bottom of the slide (top in enclosed). I'm sure Kaylee was your top concern and may not have had achance to ask, but I'd hate for another kid to get hurt if they aren't going to supervise it carefully.
December 18th, 2011, 04:34 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OMG! Poor little girl! I'm so glad, though, that the results have all been good. Poor thing. Hopefully, the bp and such will come down to normal and she'll be back to normal soon

((HUGS)) I can't imagine everything you were going through in all this, Alethia!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 18th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh my gosh! I had no idea this had happened! I'll be saying an extra little prayer for her, but I'm so glad that overall she ok!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 19th, 2011, 03:56 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
How scary! I'm glad she is okay and I hope she is back to her normal self soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search