Stomach bug

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2011, 05:58 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Abri caught her first stomach virus after just two weeks of daycare. She threw up twice Saturday afternoon while I was running errands. I am so glad DH was there to clean it up because I don't do well with vomit. We stuck with very bland foods the rest of the weekend and her energy level was pretty much normal. By Sunday evening we figured she was over the bug since it had been more than 24 hours since she last threw up. Well at midnight she woke up crying, which happens often. I went in half asleep to feel around for her pacifier. Instead I stuck my hand in a pile of vomit. I yelled for DH and he got her dirty pjs off and the bed changed while I put clean pjs on and got her calmed down. She was fine the rest of the night and all day. Our babysitter said she was happy the whole time. I'm hoping she doesn't throw up anymore tonight.
December 19th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor Abri! Hope she is all better now and no one else gets it!

December 19th, 2011, 06:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think she's done pretty well to last two weeks of daycare without catching something! When my boys first started daycare (Layla will start in February 2 days a week when I return to work), barely a week went by that one of them didn't catch something. It's awful when you're going through it but my only consolation now is that they hardly catch anything besides colds. Their first winter in daycare was awful but from the 2nd winter on, they were great! So, to make myself feel better, I tell myself that it's strengthened their immune systems! Absolutely awful when you're living it though - hope she's better soon.

Thanks to Meganpixel for my beautiful siggie!
December 20th, 2011, 05:08 AM
Meganpixel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
poor Abri, I do not do well with vomit either. I hate the stomach bug!
December 20th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Shea131's Avatar Peyton Rylee's Mommy!!
I am not looking forward to the first stomach bug where vomit is involved! I hope she's all better now!!

Thank you Quantum_Leap for my fabulous signature!!!
December 21st, 2011, 03:45 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Well she seemed much better and went about 36 hours without any vomiting, so we sent her to daycare yesterday. Unfortunately she was either not completely over it or she caught it again because she threw up twice last night. At midnight and 1:30 am.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search