Another u/s update

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2011, 09:53 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Once again, everything is looking great. I get a gold star. Baby A is still breech. Fun, fun. This is about the point where they pretty much stay the way they are. I was told 28-30 weeks is when they are usually in their final position. I turn 28 weeks on Friday. And Baby B is still laying transverse. The further I get, the less likely they are to turn.
Baby A is estimated at 2 lbs, 5 oz and Baby B at 2 lbs, 10 oz. Funny, because last time I was there, Baby A was bigger by 2 oz. I know it's all just a guess anyway. And because my cervix continues to look so good, I got to cancel my appointment in 2 weeks to look at it again. So I just have one more cervix check in 4 weeks with my growth ultrasound and then I'm done with that. And I have another growth ultrasound in 8 weeks, when I will be nearly 36 weeks.
I had a really hard time during this ultrasound. Kept feeling out of breath, dizzy, sick, etc. I had to take a break and sit up about 5 times. Thankfully, the tech was understanding about it. I didn't have this problem at all when I was there 2 weeks ago. I know it's only going to get worse, too. I was also instructed to pass my 3 hour glucose test tomorrow. Not that I have much control over it but I told her I'd try.

December 20th, 2011, 10:20 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Yay!!

Now..is it different with twins...because singletons can turn very late in the game..but I suppose your little beans run out of room quicker. I hope they turn for you!!

It's getting closer!!!!!
December 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Sounds like a great u/s! I hope they flip for you, but I know that with twins they run out of room pretty quickly. Good luck with your glucose test!

December 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not really sure. I asked the dr one time and he said that usually by 28-30 weeks, they are pretty much where they're going to stay. Of course, they could still turn but it's less likely. I know that at 28 weeks, Krysta was breech and she did eventually turn. These babies have been breech/transverse ever since my NT scan at 13 weeks. They just will not turn. It's a little frustrating. 5 vaginal births and something like this is going to end me up with a c-section. Oh well, at least I can get my tubes tied then. They have 10 weeks to change their minds.

December 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeay for a good appt! And i you're instructed to pass the enclosed test! You can do it! I can't believe how fast it seems to be going (well for me :giggle)
December 20th, 2011, 01:27 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Wahoo! Glad things are going well!

Caleb and Lynndi were breech/transverse also. I think I was told 30-32 weeks? So maybe you still have a little wiggle room... no pun intended. Caleb did turn, but only so his head was on my left instead of on my right. Lynndi didn't move out of her one spot hardly the whole time.

But I sure had more u/s than that! They aren't doing another one for a whole 8 weeks? WOW! Must be doing very well then. Grats and hang in there!!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
December 20th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Gemum
Congrats on healthy babies!
December 20th, 2011, 02:37 PM
No, I have one in 4 weeks and probably my last one in 8 weeks. I was going in every 2 weeks but they told me today that I didn't need to do that any more. Of course, that's assuming that no problems pop up between now and then. I'm assuming if I end up with GD, they'll have me back more often. But for now, every 4 weeks.

December 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
I'm praying your little ones decide to move once and for all and stay head down! ((HUGS)) I hope they choose to make the grand entrance though the birth canal

FX you pass your GD test tomorrow! (and you don't get sick from it). KUP!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
December 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I'm pretty sure breech transverse is the most ineffective way to use the limited space they have in there. If they were both transverse, both breech, both vertex or vertex/breech, I'm sure that would help out my lung space. Between being so out of breath all the time and my iron being so low (9.8 with a prenatal vitamin AND iron supplement), I can hardly do anything. I just want to sleep all day long. I'm on a prescription iron supplement now and I'm hoping that brings my levels up. I really had no idea a twin pregnancy would be so hard on my body. I'm still young and relatively healthy but this is kicking my butt.

December 20th, 2011, 04:35 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
so excited that you are getting so close!
good luck tomorrow!

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 20th, 2011, 04:53 PM
lilybell08's Avatar Bethany
I'm glad everything is going well. I hope that the babies turn for you. Good luck on your glucose test tomorrow!!
December 21st, 2011, 05:31 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Sounds like things are looking good! Good luck on the glucose test!

December 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like everything is going well. I am sorry about you feeling sick, it must have been the position. I am getting excited about meeting your little ones soon-ish

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search