What will you do...

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2011, 05:44 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Christmas Eve and Christmas day?
I love hearing people traditions!

Christmas Eve will have a big party at our house of our closest friends and family. There will be about 20 people here. Some of us exchange gifts but everyone eats and drinks and laughs and has the best time. It is my favorite entertaining event we do.

Christmas morning is just the four of us. We'll go over to John's mom's after lunch/nap and the kids will have Christmas 2.0. She'll make dinner for us too. This year my sister and her family (husband, son-7 and daughter-4) are coming in town Christmas night.

It's going to be a BUSY but FUN Christmas this year.

December 21st, 2011, 06:24 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
That all sounds like so much fun, Amanda!!

Because my dad works on Christmas, we'll have "Christmas Eve" dinner on the 23rd when I get into town, and then on real Christmas Eve, we'll have our Christmas and open presents and have a big breakfast and another big dinner

On the 25th, it will just be my mom and Max and I. I'll probably wake up and go to church early, and then the three of us are going skiing!!

December 21st, 2011, 06:58 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that sounds like a lot of fun Amanda!!!

and I'm totally Jealous of your skiing Amy! I haven't gone in years but it's so fun! I know you'll have a blast!

My favorite tradition is the chocolate orange in the stalking! normally we do one gift Christmas Eve - the others and stalkings Christmas morning, but this year will be a little different...... since my sister decided Christmas isn't important for her kids - I'm taking them for the long weekend (cough cough but drinking and being with her boyfriend is cough cough). I'm going to have our kiddo's do their Christmas Thursday after school for the bike/ cozy coupe we got them. My neice and nephew come over Friday night - so that will be fun. Then on actual Christmas morning -- i'm going to go out today and get some nurf sets for all the kiddo's from santa to open and play together, with each a gift from mommy/daddy/aunty/uncle with along with stockings (which i need to go get stuff for my niece and nephew as well).

It will be fun - i know the kiddo's will have a blast and i'm going to do everything i can to make it fun and special for Lois and Roe. And Brandon, Kaylee, Lois and Roe always have a great time together - it will be fun.
December 21st, 2011, 07:33 AM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
Amanda, that sounds like a blast! I bet you are a wonderful host!!

Amy...I wish I was going skiing!! Can't wait to see pics of Max...you better get some!!

Alethia..chocolate orange??? Please fill me in!! And I feel so bad for you N & N's... I hope your sister wakes up soon and realizes she is missing out!! You are such an AWESOME AUNT and they are so lucky to have you!!! You will have a great time!!!

Me...we always go to my Dad's on Christmas Eve....but this year Adam's family is having on christmas eve too..but they are having a brunch. So, Christmas eve will be a long, fabulous day with tons of food! Then Christmas morning will do church and then have the whole day at home to ourselves...which I'm SUPER thrilled about!!!!
December 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe Christmas is coming so soon! I'm so excited! I love hearing about everyone's traditions.

On the 23rd we are having a get together here for some friends - probably around 20 ish. We do a really tacky (plus a nice) gift exchange. There are some pretty awful gifts, but also some nice ones too! The only bad thing is because it's at my house a lot of "treasures" get left behind

Christmas Eve we are having hubby's family here - I think about 30 ppl for dinner!!! It's not bad though because everyone brings something. We just have to do the turkey. Santa comes and the kids love it! I can't wait.

Christmas am we open gifts here - the four of us - and then head out to my moms for gift opening and lunch. We chill out there for a bit - have a nap and a shower. Then to the in-laws for more gifts and more food. Whew ... that sounds busy. I love it though.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

December 21st, 2011, 08:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Santa will visit here on the 23rd so that we can open gifts on the morning of the 24th. Around noon we'll leave for the ILs house. SIL/BIL will be here this year from Dallas, so it'll be lots of fun! We'll stay there for the afternoon, have a vegetarian dinner once the sun sets (not my favorite!!!), and then open gifts and then home for the night.

On Christmas morning we leave around 830 to go to my grandparents house in Wisconsin for some presents (my cousins, kids, godchildren/godparent, and then grandparents open). Then we have lunch around noon with 30-40 people. Afterwards we hang out, usually play a crazy game of scrabble and then home for the night.

Then on New Year's Eve around lunch we'll have Christmas with my mom and sisters. We're doing it mid-day so we can get home before the drunks get out.
December 21st, 2011, 08:32 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Everyone sounds like they have lots of fun plans!!

Alethia, that sounds so sweet of you to take your neice and nephew for Christmas and make it so special for all the kids! I am sure that they will have a BLAST! You're wonderful

And I'll be sure to take lots of skiing pictures! I'm so excited I can't wait!

December 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Our Christmas traditions have been getting screwed up for the past couple of years. I've always enjoyed having the big family Christmas, but it's becoming harder and harder to accommodate everyone -- and it just seems that I end up being the bad guy every year.

This year, we're going to my in-laws during the early afternoon on Christmas Eve (which DH doesn't want to do). Then, we're going to my mom's for late afternoon Christmas Eve -- but since my siblings and their kids won't get there until 6, we really won't have much time together as we'll have to leave by 7 to get Betsy home in time for bed (we do NOT play around with bedtime around here -- it's sacred!).

Christmas Day, we'll open presents here and then go to DH's grandmas house for a few hours.

Supposedly, we're going to my dad's on New Year's Day to do Christmas there, but since he won't answer my emails, I'm not quite sure what the plan is.

I'm going to make sure that no matter what happens, Betsy and I have a good Christmas. I'm tired of all the negativity in my family regarding this holiday -- so she and I will have fun.
December 21st, 2011, 09:04 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not a tradition, but we are puppy sitting on Christmas Eve. Ugh. Friends asked us and dh said yes even though I said I had to think about it and was leaning toward no. But that's a whole 'nother story. We will go to church on Christmas Eve.
Christmas morning will be opening presents and homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast. For lunch, we will go to my parents' house and then do an exchange of presents between us, my parents and my bro, SIL and nephew. No other plans for the day.

December 21st, 2011, 09:48 AM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing brunch with my parents on Christmas Eve so we can exchange presents without everyone else here. Our tradition is sausage egg bake on Christmas morning but since my parents won't be over here then we're switching up the days. Not sure what we're doing on actual Christmas Eve. Christmas morning DBF and Logan and I will open our own presents as a family and then head to my parents for lunch with the extended family. One of my cousins will be here who's never seen Logan since they live in TX so this should be neat.

December 21st, 2011, 06:40 PM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Christmas Eve is when we open new PJ's --- used to be getting new PJ's but now has gone to Emmie & Jackson and they are from Ge (my mom) this year but next year DH & I get to take over this tradition... and we always read Twas the Night Before Christmas...

Christmas morning we are going to church (we are actually really excited that Christmas falls on Sunday this year) and then we will either go to his mom's and stay there for a few minutes or so but we are then going over to my mom's do Christmas with her... then we are going over to his mom's the day after Christmas...

I am excited about starting our own family traditions and one I will not budge on is that our children will be in there beds on Christmas morning in their house... I also want it to be just us 4 on Christmas morning - we can visit family in the afternoon but I want that time for us...

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 21st, 2011, 07:47 PM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This year is a bit different for us since Christmas is on Sunday.

Christmas Eve we always get together with my Dad's extended family for dinner. Before dinner this year we have been invited to hear a short sermen that our old pastor (who was like a Saint, the preacher of the church I was brought up in for over 20 years), he is coming to my "Aunt's" house and they are only inviting about 20 people over, so I'm excited to see him and hear him preach again and see that sweet group of people

Christmas morning is always just our little family at our house. But after we do "Santa" we are going to go to church with my parent's (our old church) and then we will go have Christmas brunch, which has always been our tradition, at my mom's house. It's my favorite meal of the year. Super cheese grits, Breakfast casserole, Crannberry apple casserole.....Mmmm it's so good!!!

December 21st, 2011, 07:58 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
DH's family always has "Christmas" the weekend before! So we're done with one Christmas! Their family is FULL of traditions! We had 33 family members at the "big White Family Christmas" and three couldn't make it because they were sick!
We have a theme each year and one family "hosts" it. This year's theme was a mystery dinner!

We are at my parents house now for the next week or so. On real Christmas Eve we will have our big Christmas Eve dinner (Penne ala Vodka and steaks) and we open presents on Christmas Eve, we've done this for a long time now.
On Christmas Day, Daniel and I will pick out a movie to see and then go out for Chinese afterwards. We always buy the "Christmas movie" and write the year on it so we can remember all the ones we have seen over the years!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 22nd, 2011, 06:32 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Chocolate Oranges are the most amazing thing ever ... you can get them in dark or milk chocolate

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search