Lovie time!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
(The teacher in me is annoyed right now that the spelling of lovie doesn't look right. I guess you can spell it a couple of different ways!)

Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item?

Describe the favorite lovie.

How attached is your LO to the lovie?

How often does the lovie get washed?

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places?

Is there a back-up lovie?

Has the lovie ever been lost?

Feel free to post a pic of the lovie!
December 21st, 2011, 10:04 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Yes, Jessa used her big brothers old baby blanket one time and now she has to have it to go to sleep, when she wakes up in the morning it has to come out of the crib with her or she cries and reaches for it. She drags it behind her through out the day, she even takes it with us in the car.

Have yet to lose it! Thank god!

I try to wash it weekly.

Last edited by LifenTheFastLane; December 22nd, 2011 at 08:36 AM.
December 21st, 2011, 10:12 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Lovey? But that looks an awfully lot like lovely. Love-y? Hyphens suck.

Ours are big, almost as big as the twins themselves. Maybe I'll get a camera for Christmas and I can show you! LOL We don't get them down just a lot, mostly for fussy babies, or if they ask. Well, if *Lynndi* asks. Caleb doesn't ask... he just takes Lynndi's away.

But I think they are getting sock monkeys for Christmas and who knows what else! :applause:

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
December 22nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Mom2#1Drakester's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Drake really loves all of his stuffed animals. I would say his lion and glow worm are his faves right now though.

How attached is your LO to the lovie? He just loves to hug and kiss them but he is not attached or anything.

How often does the lovie get washed? eh every couple of weeks i wash lion but i have not washed glow worm.

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? We usually take one of them with us anytime we leave. He will hold onto his stuffed animal tight if he is scared or in a new place.

Has the lovie ever been lost? I did think I lost lion one time but it was found at my inlaws.

Feel free to post a pic of the lovie! i dont think i have a pic suprisingly.
December 22nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Kaylele has a kitty

Describe the favorite lovie. it's a big cartoonish white kitty - that's clearly a girl

How attached is your LO to the lovie? she likes to play, snuggle and hug it

How often does the lovie get washed? mmmm....everyother week, unless she's does something crazy with it

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? no, just stays at home and mostly in her room

Is there a back-up lovie? no

Has the lovie ever been lost? no yet
December 22nd, 2011, 07:22 AM
TanyaMM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Yup!

Describe the favorite lovie. Myles has a small blankie with a money head - they sell them at Chapters in Canada.

How attached is your LO to the lovie? Super, super attached.

How often does the lovie get washed? Once a week.

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? Just certain places. I will allow him to bring it into the car, but not into a store.

Is there a back-up lovie? Yes - we rotate between two of the same blankies.

Has the lovie ever been lost? Thankfully - no. Mason has a blankie that he is super attached to as well - can't sleep without it. I've always been so worried about losing his - this is why Myles has two.

Thank you GraysMama for the awesome Siggy

December 22nd, 2011, 07:34 AM
Memi's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gabriel's lovie are his Adan & Anais thin large blankets. Luckily they come in packs of 4 so we always have a backup. He holds it while he sleeps and is always standing up holding onto it when he wakes up, he tries to carry it out of the crib with him so he can walk around with it all day. However we try to keep the pacifiers and love in the crib. He also has a sock monkey and a real love (a soft rabbit that has his name emboirrdered on the blanket part) but the blankets all he ever wants.

December 22nd, 2011, 08:14 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I WISH Kierson had something like this. The ONLY way he will sleep is if hes nursing (somehow they get him to sleep at school!)...

December 22nd, 2011, 09:29 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
Caleb doesn't really have a specific lovie. He goes to sleep better when he has his stuffed animals and blankets with him but he's not picky about which they are. When he's upset sometimes he'll go and get a blanket or stuffed animal and hug and kiss on it But he's fine going without them all day too.

December 22nd, 2011, 09:45 AM
TXErinC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Oh yes

Describe the favorite love. A Blue fuzzy snoopy from Hallmark

How attached is your LO to the lovie? extremely, can't sleep or go anywhere without it

How often does the lovie get washed? once a week or more if it gets real dirty

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? everywhere, especially bed and car rides

Is there a back-up love? We just picked up another

Has the lovie ever been lost? Not yet, but we lost my oldest sons lovie and had a really hard time finding another.

December 22nd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Do my (.) (.) count?

Describe the favorite lovie. saggy, deflated balloons

How attached is your LO to the lovie? has to have it 3-4x a day

How often does the lovie get washed? daily

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? everywhere

Is there a back-up lovie? we have 2

Has the lovie ever been lost? no, that would hurt!

Feel free to post a pic of the lovie! no pictures available
December 22nd, 2011, 10:40 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
No lovie here. He has a blanket and a bee that he sleeps with every night, but I'm learning he could really care less about them.

December 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
LOL Kris!!!!!

Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Yep

Describe the favorite lovie. A white, pink, green, and yellow rag doll with braids.

How attached is your LO to the lovie? I'll say a strong, but not obsessive, attachment -- she needs it sometimes, but other times she will totally forget about it.

How often does the lovie get washed? about once a week.

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? Babydolly goes to daycare and to the doctor's office -- she has "car lovies" that she takes with her to other places.

Is there a back-up love? No -- by the time she had made Babydolly the number 1 lovie, Target had stopped making it. Ladybug is her number 2 lovie, but Babydolly is still the true favorite and if we lose it, we're screwed.

Has the lovie ever been lost? No, thank goodness!
December 22nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
@ Kris!

No lovie here. Caleb prefers to sleep with stuffed animals and blankets but he can sleep without them too.

December 22nd, 2011, 06:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Milan has two teddies. One for home - used in bed only and the second one is for day care. The day care one is also used to soothe him during separation moments, usually on Monday mornings when it is hard to let go of mommy.

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
December 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM
klsfl10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Logan loves Mr Teddy but he doesn't usually go anywhere other than bed...sometimes he'll have him visit the living room but that's as far as he goes. We don't have extras. He likes to cuddle with blankies but as long as they're soft he's not picky. I kind of wish he would so there'd always be one thing that would help him calm down if he's fussy

December 22nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
Gavin just likes soft bankets.... any of them will do.... seems to really like the christmas tree one but any will do

He went through a stage where he took them out to the living room but generally he leaves them in the crib

I have a ton of actual stuffies for him to attach to but the only one he likes is MOLLIE who is Logan's most special doggy... I was actually thinking today maybe if I gave one to Logan to cuddle with Gavin would want to steal it

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 23rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item?yes
Describe the favorite sock monkey
How attached is your LO to the lovie? oh I think the picture says it all! Haha
How often does the lovie get washed?not nearly enough!
Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places?not everywhere- bc I won't let her. She def would if I let her
Is there a back-up yes. I finally found one she likes... We have others but none compare to the original!
Has the lovie ever been lost?No

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

December 23rd, 2011, 07:57 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Does your LO have a lovie/comfort item? Yes

Describe the favorite lovie. He has a couple of items: a Taggie blanket, a Taggie ball and a Taggie dog

How attached is your LO to the lovie? He likes to have at least one of them when he goes to sleep, but he isn't really attached to a particular one.

How often does the lovie get washed? I try to wash the blanket once a week, but the other two have just been spot washed.

Does the lovie go everywhere with your LO or just to certain places? No, we almost always leave them at home

Is there a back-up lovie? No, but I think I am going to buy another Taggie blanket as a back up. Although we bought my DD a back up to her beloved duck and she wanted nothing to do with the new one.

Has the lovie ever been lost? Nope. We did loose my DD's duck at the Reno airport and he was lost for a couple of days. That was brutal! Thankfully they found him and we did get him back.

December 23rd, 2011, 11:18 AM
RunningWithBoys's Avatar Amanda
Neither one of my boys were big on lovies. I don't know why. Neither are big on stuffed animals either. I guess I should feel lucky just because we don't have to have a certain thing always around to comfort him. I don't know...this has inspired me to try again. Maybe there is something out there he would like to love on.

As long as he is covered up with a blanket (any blanket) he'll go to sleep.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search