Santa - Wrap or No Wrap??

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2011, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay, I was just curious to what you had growing up, what DH had growing up and what you guys do now with your little ones.

Does Santa wrap his presents he leaves?? Or is everything out in one pile?
December 22nd, 2011, 06:08 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
growing up most things were wrapped, except the big gifts, they were not wrapped. We do the same for our kids, most is wrapped aside from the big stuff that is put together beforehand like this year Sydney's bike and Sam's ATV will not be wrapped.

DH is Jewish so no Santa for him, so he gets no say in the matter
December 22nd, 2011, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wrapped, wrapped wrapped. I suppose if there was a bike or a pony (!) or something it would just have a bow it.

December 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We had our gifts from Santa wrapped, too. I didn't know until recently that people grew up not having wrapped presents from Santa! My parents (or Santa rather) put name tags To:Erin, From: Santa. Santa doesn't put tags on Hayden and Luke's gifts, they are just in their own wrapping.

I think opening gifts is half the fun!

We have had gifts not wrapped, like the ATV and play kitchen, but everything else is wrapped.
December 22nd, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mama Chemist 73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had everything wrapped from parents and Santa unless it was too big like a bike, but that would get a bow.

My Ovulation Chart
December 22nd, 2011, 08:48 AM
who_it_is's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wrapped unless it is something large. Santa also uses "santa only" paper, generally with a santa print and he doesn't use ribbons or tags. Just writes the recipient's name on the paper in large cursive writing.

To the Amazing Kelly: Thank you once again!! Amazing only begins to cover it.
December 22nd, 2011, 09:28 AM
momtothe3rdpower's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never had Santa growing up do to very conservative Christian background, so I don't know the "right" thing to do. I just wrapped the kids santa gifts and have them hiding in my closet. They are in one of the five types of paper we have, but I doubt the kids will notice that at this age. Maybe next year I will do "Santa" paper. My family thinks I am "weird" for taking the kids to see Santa. My sister was like, you had your kids take a pic with a STRANGER/ isn't that stupid to you, LOL! Sis is still quite orthodox
December 22nd, 2011, 10:22 AM
kileechatseal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Santa gifts are wrapped in "santa's paper" and mommy and daddy gifts are wrapped in different paper. The only things that aren't wrapped our big items that we put together ahead of time.

December 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Loving6's Avatar Formerly Loving4
We wrap mostly all gifts unless the are big like bikes or sleds.

Mom to Dustin Jr, Jarren, Nathan, Alivia, Ava, & Ariea

December 22nd, 2011, 12:44 PM
SweetSimpleThings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wrap everything - though I (and my mom before me) use a different wrap for all the Santa gifts. I also only heard recently that some people have the traditino of not wrapping Santa presents!

December 22nd, 2011, 01:36 PM
Man N Cheese's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wrap all presents unless to big, for example, Ayla's kitchen, and her quad will not get wrapped. No presents go under the tree until all children are sleeping Christmas Eve......so marathon wrapping with a bottle of wine is what DH and I do Christmas Eve night. No tags on anything (this keeps the kids from waking up before us and digging in without waking us first;-) and each child has their own wrapping paper (this is how I can tell them apart). I guess in theory, all presents come from Santa, but the boys are old enough to know better now, but when Ayla wakes up to see packages under the tree this year she will have that shocked expression I am looking for ;-)

I didn't have Santa growing up, so I'm sure I do it wrong. I'm not sure how DH did it growing up.
December 22nd, 2011, 01:37 PM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My mom wrapped eveything but I am only wrapping a few things for Julie this year.
December 22nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
This was my status for a while on fb yesterday.

Idk what dh's family did, but I believe we've discussed it was like mine, some things were wrapped and some weren't.

December 22nd, 2011, 07:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Everything has always been wrapped for me. DH said his stockings were never wrapped but the other stuff was.

This year, I decided to leave some of the stocking stuffers unwrapped. So it's about half and half. Everything else is wrapped.
December 22nd, 2011, 09:13 PM
handymandy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wrapped, wrapped and wrapped, unless it was a large item. Elliot hasn't had anything large enough that we couldn't wrap, yet. Well, last Christmas she didn't and this Christmas she won't, maybe next year. I have seen in movies where Santa gifts weren't wrapped. I guess I could see the point of not wrapping them if he just dropped them off while you were sleeping.

December 22nd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiejo View Post
growing up most things were wrapped, except the big gifts, they were not wrapped. We do the same for our kids, most is wrapped aside from the big stuff that is put together beforehand like this year Sydney's bike and Sam's ATV will not be wrapped.

DH is Jewish so no Santa for him, so he gets no say in the matter

^^^ Ditto this.

Everything, even the Jewish husband lol.

Thanks KELLY for my amazing siggggyyyy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search