Waking up to come to our bed- HELP!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 28th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
Hi ladies! So Bryson keeps waking up in the middle of the night to come to our bed... he always came in bed with us in the morning b/c we could get another hour or 2 of sleep, but now it is any time from 2am-morning and it is driving me crazy! Any ideas on how to stop this? I tried letting him CIO but after 20 minutes he still wouldnt go back to sleep and had actually woken himself up so we were up for 2 more hours! With the new baby coming in just 7 weeks or less I am really needing him to stay in his own bed! Any help is so appreciated!!!!

December 28th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
No advice because I co-sleep but is it already time for you to be having the baby?!? Where has the time gone!!??

December 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
alethia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't believe how the time has gone!! With Kaylee I try to just help her in her crib - i.e. rub her back, sing to her etc so she falls asleep still in her bed - if i pick her up, it's over with DS since he's older - we do that he earns a sticker each night he sleeps in his bed all night (which he saves up to earn a toy)
December 28th, 2011, 08:33 AM
-Trish-'s Avatar Mom to 3boys & a Princess
Ugh, sorry you're having to deal with this. I was in a similar situation with Elaina...she got in the habit of waking up 3-4 times a night because she knew daddy would bring her to bed with me so she could nurse. We always put her back in her crib though and she always went back to sleep. It was getting OLD though! I knew she waking up out of habit and wanting the boob to comfort her back to sleep....so although it was hard and I didn't want to do it....I did the CIO....cold turkey too, as long as I knew she was safe in her crib, I never went in so she could see me. I knew if I did it would make it even worse....so I let her cry The first night she cried nearly a hour but eventually went back to sleep. She then woke up 2 hours later (like she did every other night to nurse) but cried only 30 minutes...2 hours later up again and cried 20 mins. The second night she was still waking up every 2-3 hours but only crying 5-8 minutes each time. By the third night she woke up only once...and after that she has been sleeping through the night. It's been 2 weeks and she has STTN every night except for the first 3-4 days. I'm so relieved. I know it's hard but you gotta do what you gotta do. He needs to learn that his crib is his bed and he needs to put himself back to sleep. It'll work...trust me. Elaina has never been a good sleeper....ever...and it worked really quickly for her. Good luck mama!!

Thank you so much Alethia for my GORGEOUS siggy!!

December 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM
kemper2.0's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am no help with this. Gideon has been waking up at night too. He goes to sleep around 8-8:30 and wakes up around 12-1. I'm a night owl, so I am always up at that time anyway. I just bring him downstairs to play with his toys while I do whatever for an hour or so until he wants to go back to sleep.

I know it's bad and I need to break him of that habit, but when he does that he'll sleep until 12 and I LOVE that!

Sorry, I hope you get it figured out soon!

and Alethia, that sticker thing sounds like a GREAT idea!! I am so going to try that when Gideon is older!!

Kat, mommy to Gideon (9-8-10) and Arie (7-6-12), and Evangeline River (3-27-14)

December 28th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Is he in a bed or a crib?
December 28th, 2011, 02:43 PM
He is in a crib-

December 28th, 2011, 05:22 PM
~SavedbyGrace~'s Avatar ~Nichole~
I have no advice, as I need the same advice myself!!! Grace is hit or miss!! But I see the urgency for you....wow time flies!!!
December 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Pupcake74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe try him in a bed. Will you be needing the crib for the baby?

Christmas Eve was the first night we made Eastons crib into a toddler bed and he slept in it all night. However the ever night since he has woken up about 4 and I bring him to our bed. At least now when he wakes up he's not screaming bloody murder. Also it has made our bedtime alot easier. He lays down in his bed and I read to him as he falls asleep with his bottle still. Now instead of 8 oz he only has about 4. Its a work in progress.

Hope you figure something out that works for you.

December 29th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Thanks everyone! I will just let him cry and see how it goes... unfortunately he came home from grandmas with a cold yesterday so I think I will wait till he feels better! He did sleep all night in his bed (until 7:30) although he was restless and whiney while sleeping he never stood up or cried so I will take that for now! I will keep you all posted on the arrival of baby- if not here on FB

December 29th, 2011, 07:05 AM
C&J's Mom's Avatar Stacy
I can't believe it's 7 weeks away already!! I don't have much advice either. I was going in and giving Jack a bottle 2-3 times a night until he was 10 months and then I quit cold turkey. My experience went pretty similar to Trisha's in that he cried a lot the first night, but within a few nights he was STTN. Good luck! I hope you can get him back to sleeping in his own bed before baby!

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
December 29th, 2011, 07:58 AM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
We have a sort of same situation recently. I think it has to do with all of our traveling/his molars coming in. His sleeping is SO SO SO off and most nights he wakes up and will fall asleep instantly if I just bring him to bed. I have no advice because lately I have just been taking the easy way and hoping it's because of the teething! I hope you can figure it out easily!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
December 29th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Yes Kelli thats what I do too b/c he is instantly back asleep when he is in our bed and sleep is more important to me right now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search