Does you little one like the car seat? ...... and help!

Forum: 2010 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2010 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 29th, 2011, 08:58 AM
irish luck's Avatar *Callie*
I am trying to not have Gavin use the suckie anymore but in bed (that is a battle i am not ready to face yet ) ..... anyways, in the carseat he gets MAD! He screams and wails getting in (usually giving him the suckie stops this) and is miserable the 50% of the time he is in the carseat now

any ideas to get him in the seat happier without the suckie?

Does your little one like... tolerate.... hate the carseat?
Are they FF or RF... just wondering if that has affected their like/dislike)
Did their level of like/dislike change when turned around?

THANK YOU Jaidynsmum
FOR THE GREAT SIGGY!

Gavin Betsy
December 29th, 2011, 09:15 AM
KimberlyAnn327's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rayne tolerates it for 15-20 minutes. Any longer than that and she's upset. Even giving her the pacifier doesn't work. She takes it, throws it and continues being upset. Something to eat or drink keeps her happy, though. She is still RF. I have thought about turning her around but we don't go out often enough for it to be a huge deal. I don't know if we will keep her RF until she's 2 but at least a little while longer. I do think it would make her happier.

December 29th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Mrs.Mikey's Avatar Kay- mom of Bryson
I'm not too much help, Bryson really likes the carseat and never used a paci. He pretty much falls asleep every time he is in the car... but about a month ago he started being fussy at night- the only thing that helped was crackers or some kind of snack, he threw any toys I offered. He is still RF. Have you tried a snack or drink right after buckling him in?

December 29th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Teresa does fine in her car seat 99% of the time. The rare time she fights getting in is if we've made multiple stops (Monday we stopped at 5 places) and she's getting tired.

She is still RFing. We don't let the kids have any food or drinks in the car because we don't want the mess and I feel they are choking hazards.
December 29th, 2011, 09:54 AM
emmiejack0810's Avatar MELANIE
Depends on what mood Jackson is in... He is okay once he is in the seat (as long as he is not too tired or hungry) but there are days when we literally have to wrestle him into the car seat...

So I am no help... same boat kinda... UGH ---

Thank you BAM for this INCREDIBLE Siggy

December 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM
amonstersmomma's Avatar Coetta Dawn
I'm zero help. Caleb does fine in his carseat unless we've made several in and out of the car trips then he gets aggitated. He's still RF and has never had a paci.

ETA: One thing that does calm Caleb down if he stars to get upset is a stuffed animal or blankie

December 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I"m actually surprised that Betsy is still going well in her seat -- she's RF and we have a 45 - 60 minute drive twice a day during the school week, and she's still pretty content. I try to make her super comfortable in there -- I take her hat off (and on the long drives, her shoes come off too), she's got a blanket on her, she has her special "car lovies" (these only stay in the car, so she associates them with driving), and she gets her water bottle back there (but never food). Our routine seems to be working well and I can't complain too much. Hope you can find something that will soothe Gavin!
December 29th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Milan does not love his car seat. I have flipped him FF at 15 months of age just to see if he likes it better. He seems to enjoy looking at cars and seeing us, but it does not necessarily make him like it more. We are ok for 25 - 40 minute trips. Most of my friends swear by a DVD player, we have not decided to purchase it yet, but we do use DH's I phone a lot to show him baby Einstein videos on youtube.
I am not taking Milan's paci away any time soon as it saves us a lot of hard times. This is the only thing I decided to wait on and let him decide to drop the habit. Good luck to you!

Thanks Claire1979 for my awesome siggy.
December 29th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Super Mommy
Evan is rf and he seems to like his car seat. He has never taken to a paci so i cant comment there from any personal experience. Although, i see older babies with pacis all the time. Im not sure, but i think if e liked a paci, i would let him have it. Evan did not like his infant seat one bit though. We switched him to the larger seat maybe around 7 months old i think. (i kind of forget now exactly when we did that.) That was when he became ok with car rides. I think in his case, he was uncomfortable in the infant seat, as it kind of scrunched him up a bit. Back in those days, Either dh or i used to sit inthe back seat and play baby einstien videos on the phone for him. .

December 30th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Kierson hates it rear and forward facing. He fights and struggles every single time we get in the car. I just force him into his seat, offer toys and let him cry until we get to our destination. He is still rear-facing though.

December 30th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Gemum
Jay doesn't bother being in the car. He has had a car ride every day since birth really though. He was turned forward facing at 10 months. When he is slightly fractious I give him an old bottle of juice. Like an old coke bottle, half full with juice. This is just a toy, he holds it and the movement of the car moves the juice. It's like it sends him into a trance and he falls asleep or is just contented!
December 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
LifenTheFastLane's Avatar Mommy 2 Rhys~Rhylee~Jessa
Jessa hates the car seat and she is forward facing, she usually only lasts 10 minutes before screaming and nothing helps
December 30th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Momma-J's Avatar Teach Empathy!
Haddy hates the car! She is annoying most of the time in there, yelling and pitching fits. I have to say I will be no help because I am still begging her to take the pacifier! Haha. I would MUCH rather break her from it when she is older and can understand what's going on then have to listen to her in the car. She needs something to relax her! Ugh... Why has she not taken the darn thing!! Hollyn never took one and she drove us nuts! Especially in the car! Oh how I love a quiet baby sucking on a pacifier. If only my oldest girls would still take one! Lol!

Blessed Beyond Measure!
Hailey 17, Hollyn 15, Harper 12
Hudson 6, Holden 4 & Haddyn 2
January 2nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Jenny! I can just picture Hailey and Hollyn in the car sucking on their pacifiers

Since switching the location of Max's car seat, he does pretty well. If he's having a rough evening, I'll let him have a snack on the way home from day care (it's usually between 5:30 and 6 and he's starving for dinner) or a sippy or bottle. He could really care less if he's FF or RF, though. In my car, he's usually RF, and in my parents' car he's FF because their carseat has an awful fit RFing. He likes to wave at people out the window.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search